Did I make a huge mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I make a huge mistake?

Hello everyone, since my plants harvested the other day I have 1.6mil(yay the first mil I ever made ^^) to spend. Anyways, I decided to take up pup because I like playing a misunderstood class and I have read a lot about it. It seems to be a fun class to learn and even more fun to master with all the attachments and still with so little information know about the class.

I have it at level 11 and I think I have made the mistake of choosing the mage puppet first(I was really obsessed with capping magic and melee that I guess it got to me). So as soon as I get to level 20 I will get the ranger puppet but I am concerned as to how a level 0 ranged skill at level 20 will affect me. What should be the fastest way to skill it up or could I still exp with 0 ranged and it will go up decently?

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Did I make a huge mistake?

I'm not a PUP but I can say that your puppet's ranged damage and accuracy will totally suck with 0 skill, especially on mobs at a higher level than you. To skill it up, you'll have to shoot things that would check EM or higher at the level at which your skill would cap at that point. For example, for A-ranked skills, the cap is 33 at Level 10 if I remember right. That means that Level 10 mobs will take you up to 33 skill.

Comment

well, it is generally recommended to pick ranger first. I dont know why..

But it only took me 5 levels of solo/exp partying and 2 hours of farming silk to cap my ranged.

I know the magic skill is kinda hard to build up. because every frame still has an affinity for melee.

But you should be fine, just make sure you put on as much magic related (ice,water,dark) parts.. and maybe try and convince the party to let you take some hits once your auto's magic is at lvl 10/12 (whichever cure is at).

Other then that, u could just go out and solo stuff. I recomend farming silk thread with your auto, it kills two birds with one stone.

WHEN you do go back to level ranged.. its going to suck.. your not going to be a very good 'pt member' so your gunna have to farm/solo atleast to 75% cap before your even valuable with ranged.
      ::BRD45/SMN38/THF30/WHM24/WAR15/SAM11/PUP16::

http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_internet.shtml
      http://duggmirror.com/programming/Id...hange_his_GPA/

Comment

The reason it is recommended to take RNG puppet first is to keep its skill capped. If you pick it up at 20, you'll have much farther to go. You'll need to skill him up on weaker mobs before you go into XP party or he'll miss terribly just like a RNG with gimped Archery.

Comment

Unless they changed it but i don't think they did, you can always lvl up the skill subbed through you can only go to lvl 37 cap. So a lvl 75 / 37 pup can skill up automaton skills though it will cap at 37.
          Drg 75, Pup 75, War 37, Sam 37, Mnk 37, Rdm 41, Smn 18, whm 37
          Windurst Rank 10, CoP complete, Zilart Complete

Comment

Unless they changed it but i don't think they did, you can always lvl up the skill subbed through you can only go to lvl 37 cap. So a lvl 75 / 37 pup can skill up automaton skills though it will cap at 37.
            Yes you can, and i think this is because the skill doesn't belong to the puppetmaster, it belongs to the puppet. so you can skill the puppet up even if you have it subbed, because its not you skilling up.

Comment

I got the rng pup with lvl 51 ^^
              The first 70 skill lvl got the pup in Qufim Island, on Worms, Craps and then Gigas
              My Pup does with skill lvl 0 0-5 dmg on a Worm

Comment

Working...
              X