This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the update do anything for teh pups

did that update change the pupetmaster job for the better. of what i am saying is it more useful and not broken per say before update

Re: Did the update do anything for teh pups

no

No, I do not have a life.

Comment

So you tried the Turbo Charger, Dynamo, and Optic Fiber, and there was no difference in the performance of your puppet, then?
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

The update did quite a few things to boost Pup. They gave us 4 new attachments which Taskmage has mentioned and also increased our automaton elemental slots. All the elemental slots for each piece of automaton went up either 1 or 2 points allowing us the ability to further customize our automaton. With the added elemental slots I've heard that the solo ENM is much easier but still tough. Also we got new weapons (Hades Sainti, Adaman Sainti, and one or 2 others), ability to equip more armor though unsure which ones.

Forgot to mention that the tier 2 attachments are now craftable.

Turbo Charger = Haste
        Dynamo = crit rate +
        Optic Fiber = increases effect of other attachments
        Reactive Shield = Blaze Spike
        Last edited by Tule; 10-25-2006, 04:15 PM.
        Drg 75, Pup 75, War 37, Sam 37, Mnk 37, Rdm 41, Smn 18, whm 37
        Windurst Rank 10, CoP complete, Zilart Complete

Comment

PUP can now wear

The Cerise Doublet

Attack+3 Acc+3
          lvl 50
          RDM BRD BLU PUP

From the Brygid the Stylist Returns quest. Need access to Phom Aquaducts from CoP missions to open it, as well as having at least 1 piece of AF.

(also can wear the Libra Subligar needed to get the Doublet)
          sigpic
          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

My friend is a 60 pup, got the new attachments. The pld kept having to pull hate back off the automaton...

I'd say the new attachments help.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I say those Adaman/Gem Sainti and the Optical Fibers look awfully cool (though I have no Idea what the Fibers actually do yet). The level II attachments that were only available from PUP mob drops before are now craftable which will surely increase the stock and availability for PUPs who are unable to venture into the dangerous lands of Aht Urghan. I might have to pick up my Animator for some usage outside of subbing for low-level soloing...

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                So you tried the Turbo Charger, Dynamo, and Optic Fiber, and there was no difference in the performance of your puppet, then?

I've seen them used. PUP still isn't worth inviting.

No, I do not have a life.

Comment

God I hate blanket comments like that - 95 times out of a hundred they are purely influenced by someone who heard is once maybe on a forums somewhere.

Why is pup not worth inviting? Mage frame gets virtually inexhaustable mana. Rng frame does some sweet damage, melee frame can do some neat stuff. How come a friend of mine was on equal standing with other well equipped melee, forcing the tank to rip hate back off his automaton several times?

I guess drg, pld, blm, sam, drk and smn are not worth inviting in your world either. Perhaps when you get a job higher than 40, according to your profile, you can make these blanket statements.

"As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Even if he gets every job to 75, that still leaves little room for comments like that. Not sure why some feel the need to put down jobs just because their friends don't like that job or they had a bad experience with a job one time. I've never even played PUP, so I don't know anything about it. But I do know that any job can be awesome if played right. Why not say something like "I have had some bad experiences with PUP in some past parties, maybe this update will help level the playing field for them." Or something...
                    Lowering Expectations Since Birth...

Comment

Agreed. Yes pup has some shortcomings - the crap h2h skill, the dire need for second level WS for the automaton, but this update seriously helped pup - hell my friend even put aside his mnk to level pup out of preference!

Ever fought Troll Automaton's? Those things are the devil incarnate... Arcoballista for 800 hurts.

Comment

Who listens to uninformed people anyway?

... well, apparently he did. I wish these bandwagons would just explode into oblivion already.
                        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Optical Fiber lets PUPs gain benefits to all their attachments on as long as a Light Manuver is in effect. That's pretty awesome, esp with the new Elemental catagory boosts.

Reactive Shield was found to be potent (17-18ish Blaze Spikes on normal mobs, 20+ Blaze Spikes on weaker) but its very situational, like for the ENM Solo.

Dynamo I dont think has had many tests yet.

There is a big test on KI with the Turbo Charger. It lowers the automatons attack speed decently. 0 Manuvers, 6 sec between attacks, 1 Man->5 Sec Between, 2 Man->4 sec between, 3 man->3 Sec between. So basically its a trade off of Stronger attacks (fire Manuevers) vs faster attacks (wind Manuevers).
                          sigpic
                          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Before you go attacking the Puppetmaster's abilities, you should at least know what they can do. In this case, I doubt very much that you do.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Puppetmaster

Take special note of the guides at the bottom. A Puppetmaster is incredibly versatile--he can essentially switch his puppet's job at any time once he reaches 30th level and gets all of his frames. Remember, also, that adding a pet class (DRG/PUP/BST/SMN) to your party also adds a free member who doesn't affect your XP. Sure the extra member is not god obviously, but an extra pair of hands is quite nice. Before you attack the Puppetmaster, make sure you have an actual specific argument (or preferably a parse or two) with which to prove your case.

I've only been in one PT with a PUP because people like you don't invite them because you simply assume they suck. The PUP is no MNK, and the automaton is no RNG/BLM/WHM/RDM/PLD/WAR but together they can solo even at high levels. and deal a good bit of damage, backup cure, debuff, throw nukes, and the Melee puppet is an absolute Shield Bash whore (lovely).
                            Last edited by Sabaron; 10-26-2006, 12:09 PM. Reason: Removed Barbed Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raitox View Post
                              Neither are people below Rank 5.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                              SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                              X