Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't give up!

This is a little late in coming, but...

To those PUP players who are comtemplating giving up on PUP or go on indefinite hiatus, please don't give up.

Although I don't have a high level job, I do have many low level jobs, and I don't see enough of you guys out there. Once upon a time, I used to think of PUP's as useless, but my parser taught me a lesson I'd like to share with you...

First of all, I'm a pretty vain DD--while I can't afford million-gil gears, I hate being out damaged while playing DD jobs. I spent a lot of time optimizing my setup and I always bring different gear/food to exp parties so I can fine tune my setup out in the field. (Heck, I feel bummed out when my SAM/RNG was out damaged by DRG + wyvern in Qufim.) I also like to run parser when I'm on DD jobs, just to check out how I'm doing.

With that out of the way, here's the story:

A while back, while playing BLM at Lv.33, I was invited to a party with PUP and WAR as fellow DD's. The WAR/NIN had a smart and expensive setup--I knew my BLM has a strong competitor: how the heck do I push up the damage numbers w/out killing exp flow by getting myself killed or running out of MP in the middle of a chain? The PUP? I didn't check; heck, it barely registered that he was using /WAR as support job. >_>;

I downed a pie, the melee's all gulped down squid sushi's, and it was melon pie/juice powered Man Cat vs. the fish-breath melee's--the fun began.

Turned out I was right about the WAR/NIN--10 fights or so into the party, my BLM was behind in total damage dealt; the WAR had great accuracy (at 70%+, vs. NIN's ~65% vs. PUP's ~60%), and wasn't shy about using Berserk. I had to adjust my playing style and become more aggressive--I tried my best to take advantage of every element weakness, every weather condition, every day's element--then make up for the HP and MP lost with Drain and more melon juice.
    In the mean while, the PUP did whatever, and my eyes rolled everytime I see his never-over-100-points-of-damage Combo's, on the infrequent occasion when he actually had TP. I did my best not to make fun of him. <_<;

After the party ended, I look over the parser result carefully; it took every I got, but I managed to edge out the WAR by a small margin. Yay! And, I didn't even die once.

Just for kicks, I tallied the PUP's damage along with his automaton's--and my jaw dropped.

I lost. I was number two DD in that party, not number one.

The PUP was the king of DD that night.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Re: Don't give up!

Hurrah!

Gogogo PUPs, everyone's (who's anyone) rooting for ya!

I love PUP tank too
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Re: Don't give up!

I like PUP's too +_+ I remember partying in VD on my NIN a little while ago, and we invited this little taru PUP/WHM...he was a huge help, and good at his job, and that made it all the worthwhile to invite him :D Every time my shadows went down, if he had TP he'd Shoulder Tackle, and that helped me out quite a few times, plus with his MP he was actually able to throw out some cures and poisonas here and there...people that stick through it on PUP are cool, everyone knows that :D

Go PUP's go!

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Working...
      X