Anyone else getting annoyed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else getting annoyed?

So I am having a great time leveling up my PUP. I'm thinking that it's the best job ever... Until I get to the dunes. There are so many n00b parties, and they seem to be the only ones who want me. All other parties don't take me in because they don't know what I'm good for or something. I actually got one party, and they said the puppetmaster job was the "lol" job, and yes it needs a few tweakings, but it's not worthless. I got very frustrated, so I just went back to being a bard. I don't know what to do, hopefully in the new update they will make puppetmaster play more of a role in parties. I mean come on, why is their main weapon skill at C?

I am very disappointed, Puppetmaster has been my goal ever since I returned to the game, now it's like bleh. I am hoping to see some major changes in the update.

And anyone who is reconsidering PUP because of what I'm saying, don't. It's just an opinion and besides the job has major potential, it's just not complete yet.

Re: Anyone else getting annoyed?

I thought PUP could effectively solo? Is this not so?

With great power comes complete disregard for any and all responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryddr
      I thought PUP could effectively solo? Is this not so?
      Yes it's possible but there are about 3 problems (maybe more but I am focusing on these 3):

1) Their best combat skill (Hand 2 Hand) is at level "C", so what good does the damage output do? Even when I was subbing MNK, my level 30 job, I still didn't do that much damage.

2) They can only use mage armor, so their defense is a bit low and runs high risk of dying.

3) Puppets don't have unlimited life/ highest defense in the world either. If you are thinking about having your puppet tank, then you'd need to take a lot of oils with you, and if it dies, well then it dies and that's it. Also if you Activated it before 20 minutes were up, then you'd have to wait.

Athough they say puppetmaster is great for soloing, I only see that in the beginning levels, and then it's a downward spiral.

Double Post Edited:
      Oh they should also change that annoying Scanner for the mage puppet frame. It seems to do nothing but enfeebling. Also they should lessen the time it takes for the mage to cast spells, because it takes quite a while @_@
      Last edited by Daryn2889; 06-22-2006, 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This is why I'm not taking PUP past 10 right now. Well, that and the ridiculously expensive items for getting new frames. I can't justify spending a bunch of gil on a job that I'm not that enthused by at the moment.

Comment

I HAVE seen a PUP soloing pretty effectively, and the automatons seem to have tons of HP, although it's a job you throw money at to do well - you need lots of Automaton oil and you'll still end up with downtime.

The automaton can do neat things at extremely early levels like Flash and Stoneskin, which helps with it tanking, but the PUP himself seems fairly useless. Low-level H2H skill and no real armor to speak of.

I'm not sure what SE was thinking this job would accomplish, but /sea all PUP gives me 15 results, and /sea all BST gives me 50 - that's a record.

-sam
          "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

they got nothing new after level 30 as of the moment. S-E should be giving them something soon...
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

lol! This is what I find when I search the new jobs.

/sea all blu 60-75

I find 100 people.

/sea all cor 60-75

I find 25 people.

/sea all pup 60-75

I find 1 person. >.>;

I don't know what SE intended when they made this job. Could it be a solo job? Is it made for parties? Nobody can say for sure, because I don't know anyone who's a high-level pup and who bothered rising the ranks of that job. SE needs to make some major changes to both pup, and blu (which will get nerfed very soon, so enjoy your power while you can).
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Geez! no one reads job description anymore...

Originally posted by SE
                These wandering performers entertain crowds and confound their enemies with a customizable puppet known as an "automaton." Puppetmasters can also fall back on hand-to-hand fighting skills that utilize the flexible movements of their art.

As you can see, PUP was meant to be a performer, they were meant to entertain other players and get gil from that.

Why do you think Automatons have such big and hollow heads?

That's right, after the show is over they take it off and use it so people can throw the gil there. A PUP's H2H skill isn't for fighting IT mobs either, no, it is meant to be used on all those noobs that watch your show and don't give you gil.

They watched it so they gotta pay!

So, please stop spreading false info about this new and awesome job, you hurt us all.

Now if only I could make Bards learn other songs rather than the same one over and over again...maybe some Techno-Mazurka or something...
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus
                  Geez! no one reads job description anymore...

As you can see, PUP was meant to be a performer, they were meant to entertain other players and get gil from that.

Why do you think Automatons have such big and hollow heads?

That's right, after the show is over they take it off and use it so people can throw the gil there. A PUP's H2H skill isn't for fighting IT mobs either, no, it is meant to be used on all those noobs that watch your show and don't give you gil.

They watched it so they gotta pay!

So, please stop spreading false info about this new and awesome job, you hurt us all.

Now if only I could make Bards learn other songs rather than the same one over and over again...maybe some Techno-Mazurka or something...
                  Then what's the point of leveling? To get more exciting dances from the puppet?
                  ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
                    Then what's the point of leveling? To get more exciting dances from the puppet?
                    To be able to beat higher lvl players if they dont give you gil
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I effectively soloed as pup/nin from levels 1-20. from 20-35 i outdamaged everyone in all my parties. PuP is VERY strong with decent equipment and all attachments at the levels under 40. Its decent 40-50 and after that is where it falls off. Its mainly due to the fact that the attachments don't scale in any way. I'm waiting at 50 poised to get AF after i see what they do with the job. I have smn and drg at 75 and bst is close. Only thing left I even want to level is pup.

Comment

The only things the Puppetmaster confounds are the people who party with it...

Comment

kairos is actually very right. even though people say that pup is such a low-end DD from the mediocre damage that the player deals out himself, the puppet deals out most of the damage. if you actually parse any battles, PUP (before 30-40ish that is) can outdamage SAM, WAR, NIN, etc. But since square probably never planned any attachments or w/e to scale its playability after that level range, PUP really seems to be gimped. I'm sure square will do something in the next patch. just watch

maybe we can actually shout "Will Dance 4 Gilz ^^" in jeuno or whitegate.

Comment

PUP, I think, has the most potential out of the three new jobs. However, I think several things that need to be improved before PUPs will become truly legendary. I think they are:

* Improving the quality of the Puppetmaster him/herself. Thus far, they can only use maneuvers, pepper small damage, and once in a while use a WS for decent damage. Their physical power needs to be given a serious boost. A Martial Arts JA wouldn't hurt, either.

* Puppets themselfs need to become more durable, powerful... well, pretty much recieve an overhaul in every area.

* The price of oil needs to be lowered (why does that sound familer?), and the amount of HP it heals should alter with the puppet's level.

With all that, I think PUPs can become a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

Actually now I am back to leveling my Puppetmaster. I couldn't ust drop the job after it has been my goal. I got a party in the dunes today where me and my puppet were actually doing most of the damage. I know they will make it better, and I have a lot of confidence in it. I can't wait to see how it will turn out in the future, and everyone who isn't leveling it now because they don't like it will feel sorry when it becomes great in the near-future.

Comment

Working...
                              X