Whats your fav. frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your fav. frame?

Which frame do you like most for your automaton? so far I only have Stormwaker and Sharpshot. Honestly I like the standard frame. Its not that I dont use or like the other frames, but the regular frame puts out better melee then storm and sharpshot, and while it can't use range or use fire/stone/etc. like Stormwaker, it can still enfeeb and most important of all cureII me. Not to mention it has way higher hp, the only major problem i have with it has low mp, but that suits me just fine. ^^ I can still get multiple cure II's out of it. What are your thoughts on the matter?
    "Life is only what we choose to make it"

Re: Whats your fav. frame?

This Is what I like the most about this job depending on what you are fighting different frames can take the lead In effectiveness. Despite the seemingly lack of this higher end, low end seems to be fine to me. Main thing I can't wait to see Is some new attachements I can live a little longer without the AF If the attachements come a bit sooner.
    Total chaos is only possible without foundation in who you are and what you do.
    Muffin says what?!?!

Comment

Its preference really, and how you use them. Remember, you can mix and match them so they become different frames alltogether.

Comment

Personally, I prefer the Valoredge frame, but that's just because of my play style.

Comment

How does that work out for you Ciros?

Comment

Pretty well, actually.

I use Earth Maneuvers before any battle so my puppet has Stoneskin active, then engage the mob, and over the course of the battle I use Fire Maneuvers to boost it's ACC, and then once the mob is low on health I join in and swing away.

At low levels Stoneskin is a huge help, and I can manage to solo Ts, but I know that will be less possible once I get to a higher level.

Comment

Ah I see... Yea I heard that it's easiest to solo with the valoredge from level 10-20 and then it falls off from there. Well we'll see how it will be like in the update, but I'm keeping high hopes for the Puppetmaster.

Comment

The best thing SE could do for the frames is make one that looks cool. I've seen all the frames, and they all look lame. If they made a puppet that looked like a mini-shadowlord, then I'd play pup. I wouldn't care if it were the most gimp puppet available. There's nothing fun about owning mobs with a wierd looking, limp-wristed, puppet that goes 'ching ching ching' as it runs.
                75BLM/37NIN
                Malevolent
                Midgardsormr

Comment

Originally posted by Corthaemus
                  The best thing SE could do for the frames is make one that looks cool. I've seen all the frames, and they all look lame. If they made a puppet that looked like a mini-shadowlord, then I'd play pup. I wouldn't care if it were the most gimp puppet available. There's nothing fun about owning mobs with a wierd looking, limp-wristed, puppet that goes 'ching ching ching' as it runs.
                  lol!!! But really, how cool can puppets look? Puppets are puppets, when I hear the word I don't think of a shadowlord, I think of that evil thing from SAW (that thing is SO freaky and so UNcool!) The puppets kinda remind me of the heartless from kingdom hearts in a way. They kinda look a little a like with the darkness, and they make similar sounds. Maybe there will be more frames, and maybe not, but I don't know how cool their appearance will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn2889
                    ...that evil thing from SAW (that thing is SO freaky and so UNcool!)...
                    Ah, Billy (the puppet from SAW's name)... Billy, Billy, Billy...

If there were a puppet that resembled Billy, even it had 1 point in every stat, I'd use it.

I'd also be great if the puppet did some trash talking using quotes from the movie during the battle...

[mob dies] Billy: GAME OVER!
                    [mob heals itself] Billy: How much blood will you shed to stay alive?
                    [mob is doomed] Billy: If I told you the date and time you were to die, it would change everything...
                    [puppet engages mob] Billy: Oh yes... there will be blood.
                    [puppet disengages] Billy: Most people are so ungrateful to be alive... But not you! Not anymore...
                    [mob links with another] Billy: The knowledge of an impeding death is causing you to act... Why is it we're only willing to do that when a life is at stake?
                    [puppet dies] Billy: By creating a legacy, by living a life worth remembering, you become immortal.
                    [mob is charmed] Billy: Now you will be the cause of death...
                    That and the occasional creepy laugh during battle.

That would be one of the best features of FFXI ever.

Comment

LMAO!!! I hate that thing so much! Yet I proceeded to see both movies @_@. If the doll said that everytime something died, I would die at the keyboard with laughter.

Comment

Working...
                      X