This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armor and eqp

it was brought to my attention that we as pupetmasters that the EQP we get is mostly just the pewny mage gear and that alot of the items are based around the element atributes. Like a rumor or two i heard about bard, is there any kind of AID to our Automation by haveing say element+30 or what large stack for the greatest effect for the Automation in the game?

ops and on another note, automation's Flash Bulb, ... how effective is it? im not really seeing much.
    Last edited by Mokaphyyr; 05-20-2006, 10:12 AM.

Re: armor and eqp

Yes, PUP's get mage gear. This is, quite frankly, old news.

As best as I can decern what you're asking about the elemental attributes, I don't think anybody has found any type of connection between PUP attributes and elemental strengths, or any other job. Then again, I havn't taken BRD very far and have no idea this "connection" you're talking about.

Flash Bulb is exactly like Flash, but with not nearly as much hate: 45 second recast, and an almost unresistable blind effect for a short period of time. Generally, Flash Bulb is awesome with a NIN or non-standard tank. Allows the NIN to recast Utsusemi, or just alows the tank to evade more (or not get hit as much, depending on your perspective).
    Kindadarii (Bahamut)
    90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
    70.3 + 2 Woodworking
    52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Re: armor and eqp

I'm unsure of what you're referring to as far as the BRD/Elemental thing goes, so if you clarify that might help.

As for gear, we pretty much get the shaft *if* you're doing DD. If you're subbing a mage job, or trying to play any other support role, most mage gear is pretty decent, and I'm sure you won't be scratching your head too hard over it.

If you do intend to go melee, there are a few good sets of gear and pieces to keep an eye on, though you won't end up changing gear as often as regular DD.

Early on, the only real pieces are Light Solea, Battle Gloves, and Compound Eye Circlet. Battle gloves are easily the best, and can be used for quite awhile as nothing much is available until later levels.

As a Taru, my RSE is awesome for DD, but if your RSE isn't quite as good (GAL) the Mercenary Captain's gear at 30 may help as it has combat stats and is mage equippable. From there, I plan to keep RSE until 50 where I'll grab a set of Raven gear (or Crow, HQ is just cheap on Hades.) I intend to use the Raven gear for soloing, while using RSE/Swapping to AF if it's available.

After that, there are a few pieces, Coterhide, etc... but nothing really noteworthy until 72 Pahluwan set, which has a bunch of melee stats. Other than that, there's not a whole lot for DD aside from rings and neck pieces (Sniper's, Peacock, etc...).

I'm hoping the AF will give PUP a better direction to look at.
      Veneficus, White Mage, Primus inter pares.

Comment

Working...
      X