Puppet Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppet Heads

ive looked and looked, but i havent quite found what i am looking for in any of th froums around. I have noticed that the body pritty much contributes everything about the automation other than a few of the element adds that the head gives.

Is there any higher better use for switching beteween the heads other than to exspand certian element slots?

Re: Puppet Heads

I haven't goten the other frames yet, but from what I understand the heads affect the positioning of the puppet in combat. Harlequin(sp?) and Valoredge get up close and personal with the mob, which means the puppet meles. The stormwaker and sharpshot heads stay back, out of harms way if your fighting something that uses aria effects.

Whatever else you want to say about this job, you have to give it points for flexibility

Comment

i definatly give it points for flexability, i have my galka soloing and partying up to level 27, and im just trying to find a proper place for him if its in partyes, or doomed to solo off EPs for life.

Comment

Doomed to solo, I hope

I've realy wanted a solo job other than beast. I don't evan mind much if I have to stick to easy prey at higher levels, either. I have plenty of other jobs I can play when I want a party

Comment

Jobs that can only kill EPs solo are not solo classes. If you can't kill EMs swiftly, the xp you will get will be ridiculous. I cannot imagine trying to take 10,000 xp solo on EPs, even with empress ring. That's just... masochism.

As for heads, I've not noticed much more than positioning and the Harlequin Body / Valoredge Head cure trick. Maybe there's more, but I've not seen it. I've so far tried mage head on all the bodies and valoredge head on all the bodies while fooling around, but nothing exciting happened.
          Veneficus, White Mage, Primus inter pares.

Comment

Jobs that can only kill EPs solo are not solo classes
            Arguably true, yes. On the other hand, many jobs can't safely and quickly solo evan an easy prey when you get high enugh.

If you can't kill EMs swiftly, the xp you will get will be ridiculous. I cannot imagine trying to take 10,000 xp solo on EPs, even with empress ring. That's just... masochism.
            I've found it an effective but dangerous way to level with summoner (dangerous because of potential links and agro). My tarutaru summoner/ninja (lvl 28) can pull more xp per hour than my galka warrior (30) while soloing high EPs to low DCs. The reason is speed. I can't take an EM down very fast at all and Ts are just too dangerous, to slow, and too boring since I have to stay out of the fight. But EP and DC mobs drop like flies! If I'm realy paying attention to buisness, I can make as many as six (usualy more like four) kills before I have to rest. If I have selbina milk and juices, the downtime is actualy fairly reasonable. I don't pull as good of xp per hour as a party most of the time, but I come very close.

And that's all as a summoner. A pup will have all the most important advantages I'm using to pull this off and won't have to deal with the mp tick to keep carby... the one thing that slows me down!!!

Comment

I bet the Puppetmaster will be structured for both soloing AND partying. It's just so flexible and has many uses but people don't realize this yet. People are so narrow-minded. They need to realize the potential of Puppetmaster, and it has infinite potential.

Comment

Working...
              X