This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are puppet masters fun?

Is this a fun class, do you get party invites alot?
    murmur

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=58184

Re: are puppet masters fun?

I'm only a level 6 PUP, but I'd say it's fun. I mean, you've got a cute little assistant that looks like a muffin and you've got the gearz/skillz of a MNK. It's also reversable, I subbed 6 PUP to get my 3MNK to 10 so I could sub it for PUP later, and it worked just as good as having PUP as a main. It was a lot faster than MNK/WAR could ever be.

However I'm not sure about party invites, but one of my friends got his PUP to 32 pretty dang fast. So I'm guessing they are pretty good.

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
    Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
    Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
    Susan>> Just smaller.
    [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
    [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
    Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
    [GM]Dave>> ...
    [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

I'm 35 right now, I'd imagine invites will be fine until 40s or 50s, at which point the sort of roll you play may not be looked for all that much. You'll probably end up making a lot of parties. Essentially this will come down to what kind of Skill Chains we can create, and what our puppets can do to the monsters you fight.

That said, the job is a lot of fun, but it's still a little out of place in parties, hopefully AF will change this for us and give us some direction beyond "Melee with Stormwaker spam."
      Veneficus, White Mage, Primus inter pares.

Comment

well, at lvl 40, i PTed with one of the more popular people on my server(Reisu, has all jobs but corsair and blu(like 60+atm) and he was doing dmg substantial to my mnks dmg (40- per hit, 300-500raging fists) and he ruled

on the other hand, the leader of the second best JP HNMLS, whos name i forget atm, sucked so bad (10-20 per hit, and 300 raging fists) and his maton was alright, low WS dmg tho 100-ish and he had some pretty pimp armor :x so...i guess it depends... @_@ maybe there will be better equip at higher lvls
        WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

well that would be cool if like a ranger puppet could preform the same as a regluar ranger.
          murmur

Comment

I found RNG puppet really fun when I could get it to work right.

I'd give my puppet Wind (Ranegd Accuracy) Fire (Attack, Provoke) and Light (Auto Regen) then I'd engage and disengage a worm until my puppet stood still and continually shot at it like a normal RNG in, say Qufim would.

I'd then run up to the worm and begin hitting it. Then the fun part, the Puppet would provoke! So he had hate, getting only the occasional stone/stonega for mediocre damage (due to his regen) while I wail on the worm, hate and damage free.

Didn't always work, but when it did, sexy.

Comment

nice so its a pretty fun job. can puppets have emotions? that would be cool if it could wave and stuff

Double Post Edited:
              lol theres a thread about that XD
              Last edited by Epke_necro_; 05-15-2006, 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              murmur

Comment

There are two and half PUPs in my LS. One of them is Lv.34, another is Lv.26 I believe. One of them told me to get the RNG or Mage frame at Lv.10, but I had already started the quest for the melee upgrade.

Today I found out that I could skillchain with the Automaton, and that it will randomly try to Shield Bash things. A Killer Bee in Tahrongi used Pollen, and suddenly it Shield Bashed it. Soloing got a lot better now. I can melee with out pulling hate now since I bought the Provoke attachment, and we can take on Toughs provided the Automaton puts Stoneskin up from the start, instead of waiting until it takes 70dmg to use it. lol

I've been enjoying it, but I hear the Mage frame is the way to go actually. I dunno how the RNG frame works out.

My questions to add are, are there only the 4 frames? Is there a list of ALL the attachments? I think I bought all of the ones I was missing today, but I'm not sure. Is there a reason for them to stack to 12? I accidentally bought a 2nd attachment that I didn't realize I had. When I traded them to the woman in the Automaton Shop she said I already had that one, and she didn't accept it.
                Odude
                PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

has anyone ever had a rnger/puppet master but the sharpshot auto? does it work out good?
                  murmur

Comment

I have lvled my pup to lvl 22 and have stomrwaker and valor edge so far and I will tell you what I have noticed from my robot.

I got valor edge at lvl 10 and I think that was the best choice because stormwaker does not produce the greatest results before lvl 20. Getting to lvl 20 with valor was awesome, I could solo the tunnel in the Dunes for faster xp then any party except for the party I was in from lvl 19-20 which had a power leveler. I took 2 Toughs at a time on various occasions. At lvl 12 I even scored 360 xp off of a mob. The key to valor edge in soloing with it is using your strobe and shock absorber at the right time. Mostly the strobe will save you from taking damage while activated.

At lvl 20 I got Stormwaker. It took me only a matter of hours to get my stormwakers magic ability up to lvl 60, mostly off of worms. So there is not point at getting stomrwaker at lvl 10 just for the sake of lvling magic. Even at lvl 22 I am unimpressed with stormwaker though I imagine it will get better as the spells do, though for now the valor edge is more usefull and has the ability to save an xp party through the use of strobe, I have saved many lives with strobe. Strobe rules, especially when your reactivate timer is up, you can sacrifice your robot to save whm mp, or for fun, and take out another one right away. There really is not much of a point to Valor edge without strobe.

I don't know anything about the ranger bot. I hope this info is usefull to anybody.

Oh yea, one more thing, solo pup/monk with valor edge and your npc out and you will absolutely own for the time being.
                    sigpic

Comment

well that would be cool because your auto would be fireing arrows and you would be too pluse you dont have to pay for arrows with the auto O.O it would be like partying with another ranger
                      murmur

Comment

Working...
                      X