magic frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magic frame

im lvl 18PUP and all my puppet uses is poison,bio,paralyze,blind,cure. will it ever uses attacking spells or higher healing spells like cureII????

Re: magic frame

Get more additions, lol. That's all i know so far.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Remember that the spells your puppet can use seem to be more based on its magical skill than your level.

Originally posted by Kizna
      Dia - Level 1 - Magic Skill 1
      Cure - Level 5 - Magic Skill 12 (Uses on low HP for you or him)
      Poison - Level 10 - Magic Skill 18
      Stone - Level 11 - Magic Skill 18
      Paralyze - Level 11 - Magic Skill 21
      Blind - Level 12 - Magic Skill 27
      Water - Level 13 - Magic Skill 30
      Bio - Level 13 - Magic Skill 35
      Slow - Level 14 - Magic Skill 42
      Aero - Level 15 - Magic Skill 45
      Cure II - Level 15 - ~Magic Skill 45~ (can anyone confirm first cast skill level?)
      Silence - Level 19 - Magic Skill 57 (Casts on anything with mp)
      Blizzard - Magic Skill 75
      Thunder - Magic Skill 100
      It seems to be following a red mage's casting abilities as far as anyone has documented it. I don't think anyone's high enough to confirm more important spells, like ancient magic or dispel or anything like that.

Happy puppeteering!
      Last edited by Wind Adept; 05-06-2006, 08:16 AM.
      Ho-hum.

Comment

Wind Adept, from what you provided it seems the guys puppet should be doing stone and water attacks. Yet the guys says it hasn't yet, probably some attachment or something it doesn't have for it.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

i was PTing with a 43ish pup with um, balanced frame i think, and his was cure3'ing so yeah, cures and stuff get better

but i saw the same guy, at 70 the other day, and he was playing a backup healer <_< yes, pup/whm and his maton sucked. it casted blind, poison, slow, etc and it didnt do much

btw he had like 400 mp <_< he was no gimp /whm
          WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the puppet's spells are based on magic skill level and that it usually starts nuking when the mob is less then 50% hp. The timer between spells is 30 seconds which can cause it to nuke lessifyou are killing fast. Right now most people deactivate and reactivate it to make the automaton cast faster and to refill its mp.
            Valerian of Diabolos
            75DRK/75BRD/75MNK/55WAR/50BLM/49SAM/47PLD/ 45THF/39WHM/38NIN

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Try equiping your maton with a Damage Gauge. Should help it cure more.

Title: Sergeant Major
              SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
              Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
              Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
              Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

There is one attachment, the analyzer i think... it's the one that says something about finding magical weaknesses. I've seen people have problems with that attachment making your auto not nuke as much because it dosn't have access to the elemental weakness of the mob you're fighting.

Comment

at magic 60 my pup learnt fire, the only other attack spell it used before it was aero. so that list up top doesnt seem to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by NixNot
                    There is one attachment, the analyzer i think... it's the one that says something about finding magical weaknesses. I've seen people have problems with that attachment making your auto not nuke as much because it dosn't have access to the elemental weakness of the mob you're fighting.
                    Yea you have the right idea, it's called the "Scanner". However, I believe it is bugged because it causes the puppet to only cast enfeebles and no nukes. This most likely will change, but as of now it's pretty much a useless attachment to have on since even without the scanner, the puppet should nuke and enfeeble.

Comment

Working...
                    X