This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppetmaster the Job

I was the first NA on our server to unlock PUP and while I originally had no intention of leveling it. It is a very fun job with lots of potential. With a little time I hope this thread becomes a good collection of notes regarding the better understanding of it.

Unlocking the Job:
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pup...lkthrough.html
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pup...est.guide.html

Installing Attachments:
    Head down to Nashiraa and talk to Yoyoroon @ G-6. Purchase 1 of each attachments and take them back to Aht Ahrugan Whitegate and back in the Automaton Shop where you spoke with the galka you'll find a hume goldsmithing girl who when trading an attachment one at a time will take it out of your inventory and install it into your Automaton.

Attachments:
    Fire:
    - Tension Spring - Enhances Attack
    - Inhibitor - Store TP + Improves TP Usage Efficiency
    - Strobe - Provoke
    Ice:
    - Manabooster - Increases frequency of spell use
    - Loudspeaker - Enhances Magic Attack
    Wind:
    - Accelerator - Enhances Evasion
    - Scope - Enhances Ranged Accuracy
    Earth:
    - Shock Absorber - Use Stoneskin
    - Armor Plate - Enhances Defense
    Lightning:
    - Volt Gun - Adds Lightning Damage to Attacks
    - Stabilizer - Enhances Accuracy
    Water:
    - Mana Jammer - Enhances Magic Defense
    - Stealth Screen - Reduces Enmity
    Light:
    - Auto-Repair Kit - Increases HP + Adds Regen to Light Manuever
    - Damage Guage - Prioritizes Curing
    Dark:
    - Mana Conserver - Conserve MP
    - Mana Tank - Refresh + Increased MP
    - Mana Converter - Converts Mana to HP

Level 1-10
    After picking up all the attachments, exping seems best solo. My strategy was to sub /mnk and allow for my Automaton to solo something while I fought something else together exp was very fast. Before engaging a new mob I would let use Earth Manuever to give him stoneskin and than switch to Fire Manuever (only use it once as to avoid Overloading). Between pulls use Light Manuever and try to stack 1 or 2 on him to get him hp all the way up. Before you know it 20 min pass and if he dies you can resummon.

My automaton uses dia to pull and resting a few fights in between isn't a bad idea to keep your automaton's magic capped. I capped out melee and magic is close, range I'm not sure how to skill up.

Level 11-20 (Incomplete)
    Dune parties were a big dissappointment as they actually are slower than soloing atleast at level 10. At lvl 12 your automaton should learn Cure spell now. And if you equipt him with Damage Guage he should use it a bit more often, but you do loose out on Regen at this point. Furthermore you should go back to visit the Galka who fixed your Automaton for another quest.
    Last edited by kman; 04-23-2006, 11:54 AM.
    http://kofman2155.blogspot.com/

Re: Puppetmaster the Job

Nice, i cant wait for my expansion to arrive now.

Thanks for the info o:
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

the automaton sounds like a fellow npc on steriods

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Playing real quick as a PUP the job is seriously impressive and is (in my opinion) mostly a solo job. The intresting thing to note though is it's sheer soloability and power when soloing. The PUP is a lot stronger then a BST's pet although a BST can charm at a faster rate then a PUP can bring out a Puppet.

I'm anxiously awaiting to see a PUP's HNM application.
        75BLM/41RDM WHM37 61NIN/WAR37 MNK10 THF8
        Bastok: 10 Windurst: 7-1
        ZM: DONE CoP 8-1 ToAU8
        Goldsmithing: 48.7+1 Clothcraft: 83.0+1
        http://akujin.defaultalias.com

Comment

3 Body Types are available:

- Close Combat Voltron-900
          - Ranged Combat Frame
          - Mage Combat Frame

I went with Close combat. Now have to gather the following items to upgrade:
          - brass sheet, wamaura cacoon, chunk of imperial cermunt, and a pair of tiger fangs
          - lastly also need to pay 3 silver pieces

Comment

Given that Puppetmaster's main weapon seems to be hand-to-hand. Is Monk a pretty effective subjob? And I'm also equally curious what PUP's h2h rating is... and if maybe they can learn Asuran Fists? And while I'm speculating on that, maybe it's possible to Sneak Attack + Trick Attack off your Puppet? You can do that off your Fellowship NPC at any rate. It'd be seriously interesting to see what the Puppetmaster itself can do at high levels as well as how the Puppet evolves.

Avatar picture obtained from NamcoXCapcom Subarashiki Shin Sekai Community http://www.livejournal.com/community/namcoxcapcom/

Comment

K thanks i for the information i got it completed it and now im waiting for a game day to pass by.
              Last edited by Hellrazzor; 04-22-2006, 01:36 PM.

Comment

ow that spelling hur my eyes...

take the ferry at the north of alZhabi and when you dock go north you will see a quirkin sitting at a counter. it will be selling attachments from 5k to 10k. only buy 1! trade them to the female hume at the shop....this has been said.

what I wanna know is where the heck is strob...I want to provoke!

Final Fantasy XI: Midgardsormr
                Avihai: 32BST | 41MNK | 39BLM | 41WHM | 24WAR | 6NIN | 6SAM
                Windy Rank5
                MULES SOUND OFF!
                Panwaffles: Gardening mule/Windy
                Vanillaicecream: Armour mule/Sandy
                Scones: Crystal Mule/Bastok
                Sounds YUMMY!

Comment

Avi, I'm looking for the same things dude. I'm under the assumption it hasn't yet been revealed. While I'll try to keep exping my Pup I've become very intrested in Assualt and several other quests that have side tracked me.

Muu Yi, with the strobe attachment (provoke) yes it's very possible to theoratically SATA of your puppet, but probably even sata onto it if you can work out the positioning. At the moment I'm subbing /mnk for Boost, /war works too. It is also very possible to sub a mage job or a /brd. Really pup make good DD, as far as H2H I'm not sure yet just have to wait and see.

Comment

Strobe is a crafted attachment. It's made with mid-level alchemy and the Iatrochemistry support skill. It looks like almost all of the puppet's attachments can be crafted.
                    Check here: http://ffxi.somepage.com/news/264#New_Puppetmaster
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Im trying to lvl War so I can lvl mnk so I can eventually lv PUP, Im subing a lvl 1 pup just for the Automaton And its working bettter then when I was soloing, even better then the NPC(she does nothing but provoke, and I still keep hate)

I suggest subbing PUP if your trying to lvl ANY job, although I have to test that, Its aazing that you can bring out Automaton in sub, what a hugh bonus to this job^^ but damn I have NOONE who has alchemy, If your on Midgard and willign to help a taru out...please say so!

Final Fantasy XI: Midgardsormr
                      Avihai: 32BST | 41MNK | 39BLM | 41WHM | 24WAR | 6NIN | 6SAM
                      Windy Rank5
                      MULES SOUND OFF!
                      Panwaffles: Gardening mule/Windy
                      Vanillaicecream: Armour mule/Sandy
                      Scones: Crystal Mule/Bastok
                      Sounds YUMMY!

Comment

Intresting that when it dies you can call it right back, and it is an extrahand in soloing, a very interesting job but it seems like some of the challenge is gone if there is not really a penalty if it dies like there is for dragoon's wyvern. It is a fun job thus far.
                        May the Swhartz be with u!!

Comment

Originally posted by maxgtr
                          Intresting that when it dies you can call it right back, and it is an extrahand in soloing, a very interesting job but it seems like some of the challenge is gone if there is not really a penalty if it dies like there is for dragoon's wyvern. It is a fun job thus far.
                          That's not true, just like a wyvern it's a 20 min recast.

Comment

Pup' is awsome man, I love it more than any of the other new jobs. rock on!.
                            Tortura 67 Whm - Elizabeth 34 Thf - Foolycooly 42 Drk - Zanoletti 50 whm.

Comment

Originally posted by avi
                              Im trying to lvl War so I can lvl mnk so I can eventually lv PUP, Im subing a lvl 1 pup just for the Automaton And its working bettter then when I was soloing, even better then the NPC(she does nothing but provoke, and I still keep hate)

I suggest subbing PUP if your trying to lvl ANY job, although I have to test that, Its aazing that you can bring out Automaton in sub, what a hugh bonus to this job^^ but damn I have NOONE who has alchemy, If your on Midgard and willign to help a taru out...please say so!
                              Dude, I'm in your linkshell and my alchemy is level 60...

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Working...
                              X