X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppetmaster info from Apr.17 patch notes

Puppetmaster Job Traits
    • Resist Slow (Level 10)
      Gives you a slight resistance against slow.
    • Evasion Bonus (Level 20)
      Improves evasion against physical attacks.
    • Martial Arts (Level 25)
      Increases speed of hand-to-hand attacks.

Puppetmaster Job Abilities
    • 2-hour ability: Overdrive (Level 1)
      Augments the fighting ability of your automaton to its maximum level.
    • Activate (Level 1)
      Calls forth your automaton.
      Activate has a 20 minute recast time. Also, your automaton will disappear when you are affected by a level restriction, and must be recalled using the Activate ability.
    • Repair (Level 15)
      Gradually restores your automaton's HP. Special items required.
      *The Repair ability requires the puppetmaster to equip an item called “automaton oil” that can be made with the alchemy skill, or purchased at shops.

Puppetmaster Pet Commands
    • Deploy (Level 1)
      Orders your automaton to attack.
    • Deactivate (Level 1)
      Deactivates your automaton.
    • Retrieve (Level 10)
      Orders your automaton to return to your side.
    • Fire Maneuver (Level 1)
      Enhances the effect of fire attachments.
    • Ice Maneuver (Level 1)
      Enhances the effect of ice attachments.
    • Wind Maneuver (Level 1)
      Enhances the effect of wind attachments.
    • Earth Maneuver (Level 1)
      Enhances the effect of earth attachments.
    • Thunder Maneuver (Level 1)
      Enhances the effect of thunder attachments.
    • Water Maneuver (Level 1)
      Enhances the effect of water attachments.
    • Light Maneuver (Level 1)
      Enhances the effect of light attachments.
    • Dark Maneuver (Level 1)
      Enhances the effect of dark attachments.

Automatons
    Automatons are constructed from three types of components--a head, a frame, and various types of attachments. Your automaton will start out with the standard head and frame parts, but there are also parts available specifically for melee, magical, and ranged combat.
    There are also numerous types of available attachments that allow you to customize your automaton with a range of abilities.

Customizing Your Automaton
    You can customize your automaton from the “Automaton” sub-menu found under “Equipment” in the main menu.
    1. Head
      The head equipment slot.
      The type of head you select will affect the automaton's positioning in battle, as well as direct its basic behavior patterns.
    2. Frame
      The frame equipment slot.
      The type of frame will affect the abilities and magic available to the automaton.
    3. Attachments
      The attachment equipment slots.
      A maximum of 12 attachments can be equipped on your automaton, regardless of the selected head or frame.
    4. Maximum capacity
      This value represents the automaton's maximum capacity for equipping attachments.
      The combined values of the head and frame parts set the limit for each elemental capacity.
    5. Attachment functions
      The functions or abilities provided by each individual attachment.
    6. Required capacity
      These values represent the elemental capacity required to equip the attachment.
      Attachments with requirements that exceed the maximum capacity cannot be equipped.
    7. Skill
      The various skill values of your automaton.

*An activated automaton cannot be customized. You must first deactivate your automaton in order to change its equipped parts.
    *Any combination of head and frame parts can be equipped; however, not all combinations are equally functional.
    *When a puppetmaster has equipped attachments that can only be used with a certain type of head or frame, it is not possible to equip other head or frame parts that do not support those attachments. You must remove those attachments first before attempting to equip a different head or frame.

Controlling Your Automaton
    An automaton will act automatically in relation to its equipped attachments.
    It is possible to give simple commands such as attack and retreat, but you cannot command your automaton to use specific spells or abilities.

Effects of Maneuvers
    Using a maneuver command will cause the automaton to give priority to actions that correspond to that maneuver's element.
    Maneuver commands will also activate the abilities of corresponding attachments.

Fire Maneuver: STR/Attack/Increase enmity
    Ice Maneuver: INT/Elemental magic/Magic attack
    Wind Maneuver: AGI/Evasion/Ranged accuracy
    Earth Maneuver: VIT/Defense
    Thunder Maneuver: DEX/Accuracy
    Water Maneuver: MND/Magic defense/Curing
    Light Maneuver: CHR/HP recovery
    Dark Maneuver: MP/MP recovery

*In order to use the Maneuver commands, the puppetmaster must equip a special item called an “animator.”
    An animator is obtained along with the puppetmaster job. If you throw away the animator by accident, you must pay an expensive sum to obtain another one.

Overload

Using a maneuver will increase the burden associated with that maneuver's element. When that burden exceeds a certain amount, the automaton will become overloaded.
    An overloaded automaton will be temporarily unresponsive to maneuver commands, and will experience a reduction in combat ability.

*The burden associated with maneuver commands will gradually decrease over time.
    *Activating an automaton will also increase an automaton’s burden

Double Post Edited:
    Originally posted by Kailea-D
    at first I though this job was a stupid idea... but the more they released abotu it, the more fun it looks
    QFT from another thread.
    Last edited by Taskmage; 04-17-2006, 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: Puppetmaster info from Apr.17 patch notes

thank u taru your so cute i could kiss u

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

with each new bit of info, pups looking more and more enjoyable
      sigpic
      Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

As Jei said in another thread, they seem expensive.. With all those parts.. I hope that some of the interesting parts are ex.

Nice job. What do you think will be it's role? Buffer/Debuffer? It's a kind of semi-support job.
        I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

The screenshot with the equip screen shows parts called "Valoredge" and an attachment with enmity+ and Provoke. Sounds like puppets may be built to do some tanking.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
            The screenshot with the equip screen shows parts called "Valoredge" and an attachment with enmity+ and Provoke. Sounds like puppets may be built to do some tanking.
            It would be nice but I really can't imagine (who knows hehe) a PUP beeing the tank even via their puppet. Maybe it's for soloing purposes?
            I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

Can't argue with the possibility, but I think having the puppet tank and the puppetmaster "main heal" with oils and water attachments would be extremely interesting. ^^ With the DD-heavy job spectrum that would even be desirable.

Comment

Hmm, PUP has been the only job that's really gotten me excited so far. I think it's very cool, but I can't help but think this is like a new kind of BST. It seems very good at soloing. I can't wait to play pup^^
                ------------------------------------------------
                Valen: 33SMN/16WHM | 50DRG/29WAR (Mule-ified)
                Wobwob: (REACTIVATED) Rank 6
                BST AF: 6/6
                RDM AF: 6/6
                "There will be bigotry and there will be open minds..."

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
                  If that is true this job sounds fun just for tanking plus it sounds like it can do a wide variaty of party roles according to the attachments. Hopefly there will be attachments like first aid pack(+Light Maneuver) to make the puppets more interesting, the strobe attachment already sounds like a great idea i cant wait to see what else SE comes up with. I hope the parts for this job are not too expenive and mostly avalible from npc for the lower lvls so newer players dont have to farm alot just to play a job.

Comment

from the video of the BLU and PUP fighting together it seemed that the PUP was mainly a DD class...and had the automaton was just fighitng backup. for that reason I think WAR or especially MNK wuld make an amazing Sub. I have a feeling this is going to be a heavy DD class more then anything else

Final Fantasy XI: Midgardsormr
                    Avihai: 32BST | 41MNK | 39BLM | 41WHM | 24WAR | 6NIN | 6SAM
                    Windy Rank5
                    MULES SOUND OFF!
                    Panwaffles: Gardening mule/Windy
                    Vanillaicecream: Armour mule/Sandy
                    Scones: Crystal Mule/Bastok
                    Sounds YUMMY!

Comment

I wasn't too interested in this job until I saw the link. The only problem now is that for those of us who already have a helluva time carrying around all the gear we have for mutliple jobs, now we're gonna have to carry around accesories for our Puppet too? That makes Odude /cry! If you check my signature, I level EVERYTHING! SMN is the only Lv.1 job I have and that's because I don't have all the Avatars yet. Every time I go to level BRD, something comes up and it gets put on the back in the fridge, not just the back burner. lol So I have 8 Staves, 4 hand pieces, 5 neck pieces, 4 belts, 3 sets of rings, and other stuff. That's 27 items listed right there just for RDM. Now I have to carry multiple heads and bodies, and a whole mess of add-ons? I'm gonna need another mule just to play with this job. lol
                      Odude
                      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Once you equip attachments on the automaton those attachments are no longer in your items list. So all you do is buy the attachments, take them to Whitegate in order to learn how to attach them, then they will disappear from your items list and become part of the puppet's attachment list. I have nearly all the attachments for my automaton, the combonation of them makes the puppet a real life saver at times.

Comment

Working...
                        X