This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppetmaster has no MP

Some people were speculating at various points that the puppetmaster may control its puppets or do other things with mp. This is clearly not the case if you look at the recently released blue mage demonstration in which a puppetmaster accompanies the blu. If you pause the video at 50 seconds you will notice that there is no mp for the puppetmaster.

This may of course mean that SE deliberately used all the MP (or just GMed it to 0) to throw us off, but somehow I don't think that's the case.

That means that any abilities the puppetmaster does will be MP free. As is the case with many mp-free effects, we may see some reagents being used OR the puppet itself may have mp to spend, in which case there will probably be a low mp report coming in from the puppet when mp is dangerously low.

Your thoughts?
    ~Zozor!

Re: Puppetmaster has no MP

His Puppet drained all his MP just like a Avatar, when it's left out. That's why you don't see him use another Puppet because it costs MP to bring him out. No auto refresh, sorry.
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Hard to say if the puppet is suppose to be SE version of putting Mime in the game then Mime didn't need MP to mimic. It makes sense that the puppet could be this but I bet you that the puppet chooses what abilities to use and such. So it'll be something close to the Fellowship NPCs, likely the only difference is that you'll have consumables you can give the puppet that'll adjust what it abilities it uses.

Perhaps the puppets Jobs may even be dependant on that characters level in those jobs. Who knows lot you can kind of speculate there.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

was that puppet making ranged attacks? o0
        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

His Puppet drained all his MP just like a Avatar, when it's left out. That's why you don't see him use another Puppet because it costs MP to bring him out. No auto refresh, sorry.
          You're wrong there I'm happy to say. The puppet does NOT drain mp. You will notice that at the time in question (50 seconds), the puppet is still out, and remains out for some time even though the puppetmaster has no mp.

Originally posted by Lmnop
          was that puppet making ranged attacks? o0
          No it's just small, and has the same melee attack range as everything else. Sometimes smaller things, especially when they're hitting other small things (like the taru) appear to be using ranged attacks when they're actually in melee range, but they can't actually reach the target. It annoys me actually.
          ~Zozor!

Comment

Well, if they didn't do that, taru thieves would really be out of luck when they tried to stand behind a galka tank and trick attack. Separating attack range from the model size of the objects involved avoids a lot of balance problems that "realistic" reach rules would cause.

I'm less concerned by MP than by how quickly the puppet dies in that video, but I already posted some speculations about that to another thread.
            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/new...tml#post544472
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

It would be sweet if the puppets job and abilities were based on your sj. Imagine the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by bikkebakke
                It would be sweet if the puppets job and abilities were based on your sj. Imagine the possibilities.
                That would be very cool.
                ~Zozor!

Comment

Se wouldn't like it imagine a puppet nin but it has no mp and has no use for it i think the puppet dying actually represented what would happen if the PUP and BLU weren't in God mode being that they would die in 3 hits

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Well, I can't speak for Trion and Volker, but I've seen Ajido-Marujido one-shot two or three Ace cardians in a single spell. Those things are level 75 NMs. I don't think we should hold it against the poor pet for not living long. ^^
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

i think puppetmaster will summon somewhat like a nin casts spells, where they'll have to buy the puppets, then use the corresponding spell for them. then, when the puppet dies, it disappears and u have to re-summon w/ another puppet.
                      to me, it just makes perfect sense. if the puppetmaster used mp to summon puppets, it would be too much like summoner.

SE would want jobs w/ alot of variety. they wouldnt create a poser-summoner, simply for the sake of differentiation. they'd want puppetmasters to serve a different role than smn's. no job useable now can summon stuff to fight for them save for bst, but i would imagine the puppets would be stronger than pets.

also, what if there are different types of puppets, such as elementally aligned puppets?
                      back, after... 3 months?
                      cuz WoW just totally sucks

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

Could someone upload the video that you're all discussing? Or just let me know where to find it. ^ ^ I'd like to have a little looksah.

Comment

{Found it!} http://my.1up.com/do/download?cId=3144197
                          It's the bottom one. "Blue Mage and Puppetmaster Battle"
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Wiseman40
                            You're wrong there I'm happy to say. The puppet does NOT drain mp. You will notice that at the time in question (50 seconds), the puppet is still out, and remains out for some time even though the puppetmaster has no mp.
                            So what if S-E had some MP hack on or whatever that made it so you have infinite MP? The puppet may drain MP. We don't know for sure, and we won't know until the job actually becomes available.
                            "From the void all things are born.
                            To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

the blu had mp for sure why didn't it show in the vid with the PUP? i don't think it does

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X