Any new info on PLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new info on PLD

I am starting to play PLD and wanted to know if there is any new information on PLD?

For exaple what is the best gear for a lvl 90+ pld?
    Armor, weapons etc.

What are the best merits?
    sentinel, shield bash etc.

Basically the info out there on pld sucks.

for example I am a Taru PLD and I have fully merrited HP. what is an trait I should be focusing on? is it str. VIT. DEX?
    Whm- 90, BLM-90, BST-90, PLD-90,

Played from 2003-2006, Quit when my son was born

Returned in 2011.

Yes I am an old time player who learned to play the hard way.

COP-4-1
    ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
    Windhurst - 9
    Bastok - 0

Re: Any new info on PLD

Originally posted by pxch View Post
    For exaple what is the best gear for a lvl 90+ pld?
    Armor, weapons etc.
    Almace, Ochain, Creed Armor Set +1/+2 . . .

What are the best merits?
    sentinel, shield bash etc.
    Chivalry and Fealty, too.

Basically the info out there on pld sucks.
    That's because Paladin is not valued highly at all in the current metagame (read: Abyssea).

for example I am a Taru PLD and I have fully merrited HP. what is an trait I should be focusing on? is it str. VIT. DEX?
    Base stat boosts to your performance are incredibly minor, bordering on nonexistent for stats like VIT. I'd assume you'd get the most benefit from boosting STR or MND (as a side note, those also happen to be the other two stats Tarutaru are relatively lacking in), though if you find that you often have accuracy problems (assuming that you're already eating the right food for your situation), you might find it more worthwhile to boost DEX.

Since you seem so interested in Merits in particular, it's also probably worth noting that S-E is planning a set of adjustments to the entirety of the currently existing Merit Point system in the near future, as noted in the Job Adjustments Manifesto (not even mentioning the so-called "new merits" that are apparently waiting for us at 99).
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

I'd assume you'd get the most benefit from boosting STR or MND (as a side note, those also happen to be the other two stats Tarutaru are relatively lacking in), though if you find that you often have accuracy problems (assuming that you're already eating the right food for your situation), you might find it more worthwhile to boost DEX.
      For a one-hander, STR > DEX. 4 STR raises your DMG by 1, which is going to be around a 2% increase assuming current weapons have DMG of around 50. 4 DEX gives you +1% hit rate which is going to be less of a 2% improvement because if your hit rate is close to 50% I would imagine something is very wrong. This may change later if level 99 weapons have DMG in the range of 70-80.

Comment

Armando, I love every math post you make. I've tried to understand it as best I can on Wiki and other sites without much luck. But when you explain it, it just clicks for me.
        99 DNC
        99 WHM
        99 WAR
        * 99 THF
        99 BLM * 99 RDM *
        99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

I am in the process of getting the Creed armor set right now. I am working on seals. Funny thing was we spend 2+ hours the other day farming for feet and didn't get drop. So we went after legs and the 2nd chest (I mean literally 2nd chest) that dropped was a gold chest. It contained my creed feet that we wern't even going for. It was great and funny at the same time.

I am having a hell of a time doing this but hey it is worth the effort.

What sword should I go for? I have been told the -pd one is good but then i am hearing about the nyzul isles and do'nt know what route to take.

Returned in 2011.

COP-4-1
          ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
          Windhurst - 9
          Bastok - 0

Comment

The ultimate goal should be an Almace. Until then, one of the other Magian swords (either the STR route or the -PD route, I would think).
            99 DNC
            99 WHM
            99 WAR
            * 99 THF
            99 BLM * 99 RDM *
            99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs
              Armando, I love every math post you make. I've tried to understand it as best I can on Wiki and other sites without much luck. But when you explain it, it just clicks for me.
              It's the only thing I'm good for these days, lol. Haven't played in over 2 years and there's no real plans of starting again (between college, a huge backlog of other games, my own programming projects and a girlfriend, there's no way in hell I'll have time.) So I'm horribly out of touch with what the game actually is like right now. The best I can do is just interpret the formulas that haven't changed in forever.

Comment

But you been missing out on easy mode!
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  I'm horribly out of touch with what the game actually is like right now.
                  Think of playing knify-spoony, then make it easier.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Well I am slowly working on the creed gear. Any hints on merits?

Returned in 2011.

COP-4-1
                    ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
                    Windhurst - 9
                    Bastok - 0

Comment

Rampart & Sentinel still seem like the best Group 1 options.

2 really depends on what you do with your PLD. I personally went with 5/5 Chivalry and Fealty so that I almost never run out of MP, and can resist the hell out of mobs with nasty enfeebles. Iron Will & Guardian, while both nice, are a little too niche.

Unless SE ever changes Sentinel to a 3 minute duration in which case Guardian would be freaking amazing...
                      sigpic

Comment

Yea trying to get the creed gear is a pain. But hey at lest it is fun. I am 2/5 so far for the +1 and I do have the earring. Depending on what goes on tonight I might be able to do the feet.

Returned in 2011.

COP-4-1
                        ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
                        Windhurst - 9
                        Bastok - 0

Comment

Creed is actually pretty easy for the most part. Body seals kinda suck, but there are other jobs that have it far, far worse (NIN & DRK)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                            Creed is actually pretty easy for the most part. Body seals kinda suck, but there are other jobs that have it far, far worse (NIN & DRK)
                            NIN body seals drop from the Tiger in Ule Range who is a walk in the park.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X