X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building an End-Game PLD

I'm a noob at end-game, I admit it.

So I'm asking for advice.

The first thing I'll request; sensible gear for doing lower-end end-game stuff such as basic and mid-NMs, Dynamis and moving up to sky.

I feel that I can do Dynamis to an ok level, but I still feel like a noob when the Orc NMs come out during Beaudicine.

over on my BLOG, I have a wishlist of sorts, and I just wanted some guidance. I think I might separate things into "Tanking" and "Melee" builds to make my train of thought easier. I felt so scaterrbrained the last time I played, I decided that a list would make things easier.

Regards, and thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Oh, please only make comments on the gear I have listed. Once I start playing the game again, I'll put in the gear I already have. (IE, Full Adaman and Full AF. Joyeuse, Jelly Ring, a bunch of other stuff..)
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Re: Building an End-Game PLD

Ok, without treading into anything more hardcore...

Main: Chainsaw +1/Joyuese for Atonement spam
    Sub: Koenig Shield/Terror Shield
    Ammo: Lamia Bow
    Head: Walala Turban (Shadows/Flash)/Koenig Schallar (if shadows down)/Iron Ram Hat (magic/enmity)
    Neck: Parade Gorget (Idle) / Harmonia's Torque
    Ear1: Ethereal
    Ear2: Suppa
    Body: AF Body
    Hands: Dusk Gloves/Iron Ram Hand
    Ring1: CoP Tank Ring (assuming that's actually not part of your wishlist) otherwise Mermaid Ring/Bomb Queen Ring
    Ring2: Hercules/Jelly
    Back: Resentment Cape, failing this; you'll need some cash, Cerberus Mantle
    Waist: Swift Belt (Shadows/Flash)/Warwolf Belt (idle)
    Legs: Iron Ram Legs
    Feet: Dusk Feet (Shadows/Flash)/Iron Ram Feet (Magic bonuses)/AF Feet

All of the above can be purchased with a bit of gil and spending a couple of weeks in Campaign. The others are via a few (long) quests (if relevant missions are complete). Should be sufficient for everything "basic".

Obviously when you get better Dynamis/Sky/Limbus gear replace it with the relevant slots.

And of course, it all depends on situation . . .
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Thanks! Out of what you listed, here's what I'm missing;

Terror Shield
      Koenig Schallar
      Iron Ram Hat
      Ethereal Earring
      Dusk Gloves
      Iron Ram Hands
      Sattva Ring
      Resentment Cape
      Swift Belt
      Iron Ram Legs
      Dusk Feet
      Iron Ram Feet

Resentment cape will be one of the first things I do when I get back. Terror Shield looks like it'll take a year and forever to obtain, but thanks, being as how I didn't even know about it.
      The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Terror Shield is just an alternative. It's good because it has 20 HP and 4 enmity, and also the same shield type of Koenig. However, using Koenig isn't bad either.

You can get Iron Ram stuff easily via 2-3 weeks in campaign. Just sub WHM and go get some pain. Best to ally yourself to Sandoria for it.

The CoP Ring/DM Earring/Apoc Earring will need some missioning, so they won't come too fast unless you have a good group.

Dusk Gloves/Dusk Feet should be 600k combined.

Koenig Schallar, the Abj drops off Seiryu. If you're doing Sky you'll get it soon enough.

I forgot to add/mention, if you don't have the Iron Ram stuff, wear AF Hat, Hands and Legs in the respective slots, you'll do fine. Plus it's free. Otherwise, use Adaman Cuisses (legs) and Adaman Hat.
        [LadyKiKi]
        Soloed to 75

Comment

But I'm so SICK of being Blue/Purple.

It was cool for like 3 levels. My major "gear" focus is on Relic since, for the most part, it's free.

But because my rank is so abysmally low, I might as well partner up with sandy to save myself thousands of points worth of campaigning.

And I know that this isn't a big deal to you, but I'm going to be soloing DRK to 37 for RDM sub (I feel like I've been strongly neglecting my RDM ever since I raised PLD up to 75. I'm definitely considering selling a LOT of my RDM Melee/Solo gear...)
          The Tao of Ren

Comment

To solo DRK to 37, just spam Fields of Valor in that case. Set aside 1 odd hour each day and if you time it right you can get 3 done (accept 1, log off/go to bed/work, then log in before Vanadiel Midnight, preferable 12 hours before, do the one you accepted before you logged off, then accept another 1 and do the 2nd one, by the time you finished midnight should roll over, accept another and do a 3rd. Roughly 3000 EXP in a given session, and then you go do something else. And then, before you log off, accept 1, and repeat).

Nothing wrong with white/purple, but I agree if you want to stand out, then ... sacrificing the hero look you can equip this piece which makes you look like a crab on heat:

[LadyKiKi]
            Soloed to 75

Comment

Working...
            X