/DNC = new sub for tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /DNC = new sub for tank

Okay guys I'm hearing word from Selphiie from LBR that /DNC can work as a sub for PLD, possibly better than /WAR. It seems that the healing waltz songs are super hate grabbers. Here are some vids. Can anyone else test this theory out before S-E goes and nerfs DNC as a sub, killing its sub job potental?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3ut_zdQv8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shKbpoIcBOc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taoxJyiVVlI
    Last edited by Dymlos; 12-06-2007, 08:09 AM.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
    'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
    Dymlos
    Bahamut server
    Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Re: /DNC = new sub for tank

I like the idea of PLD/DNC, it adds so much depth and allows them to heal even after their MP is completely depleted. I also don't think they'll "nerf" it. I believe it is intended to be an alternative to /WAR for the PLD that isn't afraid to boogie down--thus the Provoke dance.

Comment

Actually I was thinking that War/Dnc may actually become a useful tank as well. I believe it's been proven that War/Whm(or pld) can be an effective tank on some mobs, but being able to cure without the use of MP would give War a near endless curing pool. And Def down, Eva down, Erase and a curaga of sorts would all be great tanking tools...

Though I honestly hope I'm wrong cause I really don't wanna lvl dancer ;;>_>
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I'm mostly wondering how /DNC will play on NIN main, the tank with arguably the least enmity generation capabilities. If a NIN/DNC can tank, hold hate, heal, ghetto refresh front-line melees, debuff, voke, and DD, what else do you really need? I'm conceptualizing a 4 NIN/DNC + 2 BRD/NIN Greater Colibri Meripo just to cheese off the people who hate NIN because it's popular and hate TP-burn because it's fast. Maybe swap a BRD/NIN for a COR/RNG so we can get Samurai Roll--not that you can actually find a COR nowadays (or even in the olden days)--the last time I looked there were 5 of them on the whole of Asura server which is half as many as playing PUP.

Actually, 4 NIN/DNC is probably not good. It is likely better to replace 2 of them with pierce-type DD's.
        Last edited by Sabaron; 12-06-2007, 10:02 PM.

Comment

That's what I'm afraid of. If NINs are able to pull all that off then that means people will be even more obsessed with NIN tanks only. But I feel that /DNC is better suited for PLD since it goes along their method of tanking: curing.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
          'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
          Dymlos
          Bahamut server
          Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

I was wondering if anyone has done any experiments using curing waltz 1 and targeting other players. i.e. best macro to use for parties as you don't get the curaga one as /dnc until pld is 50.

I beleive whm use a sort of <p1>, <p2> etc as target corresponding with the party player list, does this work for this spell?

Comment

There's nothing special about Curing Waltz compared to any other spell/ability that can target another player. You'd use all the same targeting mechanisms you'd use with cure spells, and which one is a matter of player preference: <p*>, <st>, <stpc>, Playername, etc.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

Thanks ellipse, not beign a whm in a party situation I have not had the need to macro in for people.

do it take it then if i had a party of 6 players...

ellipse <p1>
                Me <p2>
                bonjovi <p3>
                lipolot <p4>
                lanky <p5>
                taru <p6>

so I would macro in then to cure ellipse as ja/ "Curing Waltz" <p1> and it should cure you?

can you just clarify this as correct, because then when i go pld/dnc which i will try I can help get hate better by using these macros set to G keys on my G15. (by the way have you seen the new one, people complained it was too big so the shortened it and took away all the G keys duh!!!)

Comment

The only things are that it's <p0> to <p5> instead of 1 to 6, and that you're always <p0> since you're always at the top of your own party list. Other than that, you've got it.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                  . . .

Comment

Though I don't think most mages it do it that way... it's typically easier to just have a macro that says /ma "Cure III" <t> or maybe <stpc>. And actually select who you want to cure before hitting the macro (or after in the case of stpc).
                    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I used the F keys when targeting players who needed a heal, and when targeting myself in macros I use <me> instead of <p0>.

Comment

I'm personally a fan of the <st> line, since I've never wanted to devote 6 whole macros to the same spell. But if it works and doesn't detract from everything else, groovy.

<t> just won't work in this case, though. That's going to be the mob every time with /DNC.
                        Ellipses on Fenrir
                        . . .

Comment

To Lmnop, Dak and Ellipses:

He's talking about Logitech G Series Keyboard macros, not in-game macros. He has 18 buttons on his keyboard, 6 of which he's assigning to each party member for quick, one-button cure effects.

Comment

Ooooh. I totally knew that.
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            . . .

Comment

Genome really does a great job showing how /DNC can be put to use by a job with a low delay weapon. I imagine PLD/DNC should also be able to solo Imps since they will get a 12.5% piercing bonus with Joyuese. Puk might also make good solo targets for PLD/DNC since they have less annoying special attacks and a 25% piercing bonus, but the difference in HP might be a problem. Also Drain Samba II would be better than Aspir Samba since you will avoid waisting time healing.

Comment

Working...
                              X