Shield Skill-ups @ lvl 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shield Skill-ups @ lvl 70

In the Aht areas at least with the new updates & all. I find I am barely tanking, or at least the time at which I tank is minimal as with in the first 30 seconds of any fight the mob is dead.

So does anyone have an idea where or how to go about skilling up & capping my shield skills?
    75PLD 42RNG 41WAR 41WHM 32THF 49NIN 35SAM 37BLM 20SMN 35DRG
    Rank 7 Windurst

http://www.virtus-asura.com

Re: Shield Skill-ups @ lvl 70

If you do Sky or Dynamis, you'd get plenty of skillups from there. Otherwise offer to do some skillup PTs (most common in the tree by Zi'tah). You can skillup your club while your doing it that way you can kill both birds with one stone.

Comment

Like Zempten said, just about any endgame event where you would tank will give you skill ups. Skill up parties also work.

If you don't have either of those options and just want to skill up alone, find a zoneline with EM-T mobs close by. Sub RDM, then fight for as long as you can, then zone out. Rest, and repeat. I'm not sure what is EM-T for a level 70, but at 75 I used the Pucks at zone from Den of Rancor to Temple of Uglypie. I also used the Steelshells at the zone from Boyodha Tree to Cloister of Lightning. There's probably plenty of other areas that will work.

Just to be safe, it's best to use mobs that are EM-T to you. Weapons require mobs that are EM-T to cap, and I suspect it's the same for defensive skills.

Be like a Paladin.
      Take the hit, shrug it off, and ask if their mom hits any harder.

Comment

Pucks in Rancor are 74-77. Korrigan in Boyahda are 72-75. I'd suggest skilling on Korrigan until the skillups start to slow down (assuming you can tell when they get slower, as slow as they already are) and then moving to Rancor. MNK mobs like mandies are best since they attack twice as often as other mobs, which not only gives you two chances to skillup per round but also two chances for Phalanx to reduce the damage. You might also want to use a buckler type shield since they block most frequently of all the shield types, again giving you as many chances as possible to get a skillup to proc.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

If your LS has you do many events as PLD/NIN, you won't be seeing too many skillups. Take a few hours here and there, and just go kill crabs in Boyahda tree to cap your skill. Equip a club for fun so you can starlight yourself and just the beatings as long as you can.

Comment

u can also try to use ur Galant leggins + master shield + shield torque (+27 shield skill) u will find this very usefull for end game tanking and will help u with skill ups too.

Comment

Too bad the OP doesn't seem to have RDM leveled, Taskmage's idea would be the way to go.
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
              X