Discourteous Treatment of PLD Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discourteous Treatment of PLD Tank

We were partying in Altepa just recently and everything was going well. As we were preparing to move from Revelation Rock to Quicksand Caves, the party leader suddenly and flatly states: "I'm going to kick <PLD> and invite <NIN>". Now the NIN did happen to be an LS member of hers, but she followed up saying "I want a NIN in the party for better chains." Now at 45th level (thereabouts) I doubt a NIN tank can significantly out-perform a RDM/PLD combo to the point it merits kicking one in favor of the other. This PLD was an LS mate, so I stated that "Kick PLD = Kick RDM [me]" and the Ranger stated that she would leave because that was inappropriate behavior. The BLM (who was apparently a friend/LS Mate of the leader "courteously" offered a D2 to the PLD). Needless to say, she has been /blisted in multiplicity.

Please don't devolve this into a PLD v. NIN thread, the differences no matter what you think they are are inconsequential in light of the behavior. Is it common for PLD's to receive such flagrantly inappropriate behavior simply because they don't have shadows?

Re: Discourteous Treatment of PLD Tank

Without debate, yes this was pretty discourteous. Just finding a reason to kick the PLD out in favor of a friend is bad.

When a friend is 'free' for a party, I usually check if someone is leaving soon that could warrant a free spot for him/her.

No matter how good the Nin might be compared to PLD, they chose to take a PLD to form the party, it means they would have EXPed fine if the NIN hadn't popped online or something. You don't just invite someone as a placeholder for when someone you actually want pops in, you make the party from the start into a functionnal unit.

Comment

I don't really know how we can have this conversation without discussing the relative merits of PLD and NIN, but we'll see, I guess.

That was completely ridiculous and inappropriate on their part. If they didn't want a PLD tank in the first place, they shouldn't have invited him. Every party is within their rights to invite the kind of tank that they prefer, but that doesn't mean that they should just kick someone from the party when their job of choice comes up. Especially if things are working out just fine.

Comment

Shouldn't kick anyone unless the person failed to meet the "basic requirement" of the job.

At level 45 at Quicksand Caves usually target for Spiders or Beetles, all /check IT at level 45. Well, I am not a fan for blink tanking spider which hits hard, double attacks, AoE slow-aga, One-shot-kill whenever the shadow is gone. Combine with Beetles' AoE Evasion down, if the party does not have good support, it is pretty much "dead or alive" for NIN tank...

I am not trying to PLD vs NIN tanking, your party leader is just too ignorant.
        Server: Quetzalcoatl
        Race: Hume Rank 7
        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

That's pretty much the lamest thing I've ever heard. I think it pretty much goes beyond pld vs nin and follows more along the lines of "There are a lot of stupid jerks in FFXI. You just met one of them." I wouldn't care if my own mom begged me, I wouldn't just kick a pt member like that.
          My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
          Originally posted by Balfree
          Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Wow. If I was that Paladin I'd be writing down names for future situations in which I might have an opportunity to make this person's game time hell. Who knows, maybe in a future party they could "forget" to hit that Provoke macro when they pull hate. >.>
            sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with everyone else. That was quite rude of the party leader. A NIN goes down pretty fast to a spider unless the party is extremely careful and have a full strategy with good players. Then again, I am a bit biased and think PLDs are the better tanks and choose them over any other available tank when possible; even more so when I'm on a mage job.

It's also nice to see stories about people sticking up for others and not giving into the demands of a party leader that's being rude or doing idiotic things. It's such a rarity to see in game that hearing about it makes me believe there are still nice people in the game.

Comment

I remember when I first started when the game was released in NA on PC this type of behavior was common place in the dunes. (which took me awhile to get through so I don't have any other basis for comparison in this time period) Being kicked for a friend was common everyone pulled with Provoke and having a subjob ment you had play since day one non stop.

It is understandable in the beginning to skip ethics as not everyone knows what they are doing (not that this is a good thing, it just happens and you can see why) but years into the game and at level 45 when you would hope that someone has learned how to "be nice" they pull something like that. If they wanted to party with that person they should have left and started a new party instead of making the others adapt to their will.

This person obviously didn't think that anyone would mind and truth is no one is perfect but this is a great example of someone acting without thinking about the whole situation.

Anyway lets continue bashing stupid ppl as they should know better ^^

Comment

There is nothing I could say that hasn't been said already. I agree with everyone. That was just plain rude. I would have left the party as well, despite how good the party was.

Comment

Is it common for PLD's to receive such flagrantly inappropriate behavior simply because they don't have shadows?
                    Well, I don't know if it's paladins in particular, I've seen plenty of melees get kicked for X job because the party leader thought it was better.

Myself, I think it's rude to do, and I just won't kick anyone unless they actually hinder my party, for instance purposefully going out and getting a link, making trouble, etc.

It's annoying, it's rude, but don't let it get to you, not everyone is like that, and from my experiance, it's been more of an exception than what most people do.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

That guy/girl was a complete and utter jerk. Even if people just do not like partying with PLD (which I dont' see why, but I won't get into that), they shouldn't have invited the PLD in the first place. Partying is about putting mutual trust in the other five members in order to accomplish a mutual common goal... "We must all hang together, or we will most assuredly hang seperately" - Benjiman Franklin. Well, as far as I'm concerned, that person can just go ahead and hang seperately <_<
                      RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                      Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                      Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                      Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                      Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

I've never actually been kicked for being a PLD, but I have had people leave the PT because of it. Sometimes people also refuse to join my parties.

Comment

I took PLD from 1-63 and never had a problemwith getting parties or being kicked from them, though I will say I was turned down by two or three BRDs while making a party because they refused to party with a PLD. But that's a differant topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
                            There is nothing I could say that hasn't been said already. I agree with everyone. That was just plain rude. I would have left the party as well, despite how good the party was.
                            Same here.

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                            Well, I don't know if it's paladins in particular, I've seen plenty of melees get kicked for X job because the party leader thought it was better.

Myself, I think it's rude to do, and I just won't kick anyone unless they actually hinder my party, for instance purposefully going out and getting a link, making trouble, etc.

It's annoying, it's rude, but don't let it get to you, not everyone is like that, and from my experiance, it's been more of an exception than what most people do.
                            Agreed. Whenever I'm party leader, I don't even like to kick someone if they're not performing too well. But meh, if someone intentionally screws up or does something I simply don't like, I will kick him/her.

Comment

Nin > Pld just live with it...

LoL on a serious note now. yeah that was pretty crummy of them to kick the pld for a nin. regardless who is better or not. if they wanted to pt with the ls mate they should have offered it earlier, or its to bad. or drop from the pt an start one up. ive had it happen to me before an it sucked.

Glad to see you stuck up for your pld friend. i would have left the pt too regardless how good it was or would have been.

An the nin > pld was a joke, so all you flamers settle down =P

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Working...
                              X