what if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if?

What if PLD's got there own enhancing spell that adds damage like say a holy damage add spell for sword and a dmg proc when taking hits, or maybe a one that damages the enemy for reasonable amounts when shield skill goes off? just food for thought nothing more.
    "how broken everything about ToAU is."
    "Do you have Haruhi in your daily anime diet?"
    "ok... I've quit 5 times... and failed each time miserably... they need a patch for FFXI like those nicotine ones...."
    "Finally Quit this game"

Re: what if?

Enlight sounds reasonable, but is more damage really what paladin needs? Damage is my last concern in a tank, and as a DD I don't think paladin is going to catch up to other jobs with just that.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
      Enlight sounds reasonable, but is more damage really what paladin needs? Damage is my last concern in a tank, and as a DD I don't think paladin is going to catch up to other jobs with just that.
      I believe damage is exactly what paladins need. Nobody wants a tank that can't deal damage at high levels, let alone merit parties.

Comment

ninja doesn't have any more damage than pld. but it's the fact that they can tank well in their DD gear that makes ninja powerful. The unfair advantage of 2 utsusemi is just so drastic IMO unless some serious change is done to that, things are not going to change.

give PLD shield: Ichi and shield: Ni that nullifies 3 and 4 hits with his shield. Now that will instantly bring PLD up ahead of nin.
        Last edited by Jei; 06-29-2006, 04:08 PM.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Paladin doesn't need damage, they just need to nerf Utsu. If one job is basically invulnerable, then it doesn't matter how much defense another job has, they're still taking damage, and that's worse. Paladin has enough tools to hold hate without a boost to damage output.

As far as en spells, RDM ONRY txs. There's at least one NPC who talks about how red mages are scary or weird or something because they enchant their swords with magic.

Pretty soon the only thing that rdm can do uniquely (outside of JAs) will be gravity and phalanx. Cocoon is kind of like phalanx, so that leaves gravity, AND THEY NERFED GRAVITY ALREADY.

BLU STOLE MELEE MAGE

DAMNIT STOP STEALING OUR STUFF!

Comment

You forgot smn can phalanx now. And gravity.

Comment

You forgot smn can phalanx now. And gravity.

Comment

lol seriously what they should do is just simply add the original shield proc that nullified all damage and make say a 10% chance base and couple it in with the existing sheild proc. Making us reduce our over all dmg and keep our high HP and not require the nerfing of nin's. then we have a chance to nullify all damage on top of the normal reduced damage depending on the size of the shield. It always came in handy sometimes when you missed timed a heal spell and the nullify all damage shield proc hit and it went off anyways..... i kinda miss that....
                "ok... I've quit 5 times... and failed each time miserably... they need a patch for FFXI like those nicotine ones...."
                "Finally Quit this game"

Comment

Yeah, why was shield block nerfed? That was like paladin-blink. What if they just brought back that or made shield mastery greatly increased the damage negated by shield blocks? That's almost the same thing as giving pld ustusemi. ^^

Comment

seriously, i think that would work out awsome, Keep our current shield style and add back the negating one, so we're doing both but make it so that the full negate one doesn't give us TP, so we're not OPing by getting TP even faster and i think the PLD would be right up there with the nins.

Might actually make Shield tanking God's a 100% sure thing. which would be very nice and also look alot better than running around with the ugly earth staff...
                    "Finally Quit this game"

Comment

Well, the "shield size affects damage & chance of block" thing was more for other jobs that can/do use shields. So I guess if they added a JT for PLD at say.... 60? that means that every shield block from any size shield has a chance of totally negating damage would mean you could have your cake and eat it too.... no?

I do like that En-Light, but I also agree that En-spells are the domain of RDM and should stay that way.

Edit: Oh and I say at about 60 because it would then be PLD only, at the moment any job can sub PLD and get shield mastery.
                      Quotes

Comment

PLD doesn't need enlight to do damage, it won't help with hate either, and there's a possibility of tanking as /RDM (still testing it, but see my other thread.) That's just my opinion, though.
                        Edit: Oh and I say at about 60 because it would then be PLD only, at the moment any job can sub PLD and get shield mastery.
                        They can sub Shield Mastery I, but that's fairly weak. Shield Mastery II and III are PLD-only, and much more powerful.

Comment

Yeah, why was shield block nerfed? That was like paladin-blink. What if they just brought back that or made shield mastery greatly increased the damage negated by shield blocks? That's almost the same thing as giving pld ustusemi. ^^
                          because sheild block was effective for all jobs that could equip a shield. so what was happening was war's were equiping then an doing a better job at tanking hnm then plds were. so what it actually did was make pld the only ones who could use a shield effectively.

Utsuse has been nerfed a few times. 3-4 times infact. we learn to adapt. thats all there is. honestly anymore to it will break the job an cause alot of players to quit FFXI. an besides S.E keeps making more haste gear. witch equals faster an faster recast timers.

i actually did some tests on this long time ago. but a nin will pull hate from a pld if all they do is both swing at a mob. even when the gears are similar.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Heh it always turns into NIN vs. PLD...

I don't think that NIN should be nerfed, personally. I do think that PLD definately need some more buffs. What I do think, however, is that NIN should be nerfed as a SJ, to put DD on a more even footing.
                            RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                            Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                            Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                            Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                            Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
                              Utsuse has been nerfed a few times. 3-4 times infact. we learn to adapt. thats all there is. honestly anymore to it will break the job an cause alot of players to quit FFXI. an besides S.E keeps making more haste gear. witch equals faster an faster recast timers.

i actually did some tests on this long time ago. but a nin will pull hate from a pld if all they do is both swing at a mob. even when the gears are similar.
                              Utsu has been nerfed 3-4 times? I'm no ninja master and I've taken the occasional breaks from the game, but I didnt hear it beinging nerfed THAT many times. Please enlighten me and list them out.

Of course the nin would pull hate if all the pld did was swing at the mob. With all the haste gear and dual wield enhancements, you would be hitting the mob more often. I believe there was a theory long time ago (not sure if it's been disproven) that enmity was applied with each hit. The more you hit a mob, the more total hate builds on you. Besides, you can't exclude all of the abilities that were bestowed onto plds. Thats like saying a whm would do just as much dmg as a blm if both didnt use spells.
                              Last edited by Bishop; 06-30-2006, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X