This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLD and high lvl tanking?

okay so i was sitting around and thinking to myself what job i wanted to be. now PLD came to mind, but one thing that i didnt like about it was that.. Kitting. (sp?)

just running around all the time doesnt seem like too much fun. so my question for all you PLD's is.. when to you kite? (only in HNM, BCNM, SKY?) or is it in they whole EXP, and all that kind of partying?
    PLD seems like alot of fun, but i dont think i could take kitting at 55 or so up.

Re: PLD and high lvl tanking?

Um from what i know is that most PLDs do not kite the mob when exping, no tank does. However certain HNMs require you to kite(the only one i know for sure since i dont HNM, is K Behemoth) and i am pretty sure that only on really tough mobs will you do so, exp i dont think i ever will see anyone kite(how are the other DD going to hit the mob if you kite anyway? Unless maybe Manaburn...but still impratical outside HNM and certain fights).

So no ;3 not usually.

Comment

yeah i guess that is true, thanks alot!

Comment

PLDs at end game is definitely a very exciting job, I personally find kiting isn't that bad Kiting is a very common strat for quite a few HNMs/Gods (ie: Kirin, KB, the Behe KS99, Vrtra...etc) and dynamis. So if u truly hate kiting, maybe u should reconsider playing a tank job (yes, nin and wars kite too).

Comment

well its not that i Hate it.. its just that i dont think it would be the most fun for over half you lvling. every so often i think it would be alot of fun.

Comment

When you exp, as i said you wont be kiting, on BCNM/HNM, yes you will especially HNM as most of them arent built for straight up tanking.

Comment

hmm, well that does seem bad, kinda seems like it will be taking alot of the fun back into kitting.
              one last thing.. what is the point of kitting vs. standing and voking like with exp partys?

Comment

I dont know the specifics as well since i only fought low tier HNMs, however i am pretty sure i read numerous times that King Behemoths likes to spam Meteor and other strong spells, therefore if you dont kite he will cast these spells and pwn you, or something to that effect...and the entire alliance. I know that certain BCNMs require kiting because there are more than 1 NM to fight in there, and they might not be sleepable HOWEVER they might be Gravitied or Bound, therefore you kite with their hate on you so the other team can slowly get rid of the other one before pulling it off of you, kiting gives them this chance that otherwise would not be possible and therefore making that BCNM, impossible.

I am sure someone else can enlighten better against HNMs however. I think of Kiting as another form of tanking ^^

Comment

oh i see. well that makes alot of sence.
                  thanks so much!
                  i think im going to start a pld and see how i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldege
                    yeah i guess that is true, thanks alot!
                    what the heck xD that was the easiest question EVER
                    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

there are mobs you kite, and there are other you straight tank. The more high end gear you have, gives you much more straight up tanking ioppertunity's on things u never thought of .

ill give you a list at my lunch time
                      Weeee of Kujata(Main)
                      PLD 75
                      Ninja 75
                      RDM 75
                      THF: 75
                      RNG: 75
                      BST: 75
                      BLM: 70
                      Mule1
                      BLM: 75
                      Mule2
                      THF: 71
                      Heeeeeee(RL GF):
                      Mnk, BRD, WAR ,BLM: 75
                      Cooking: 96
                      ClothCraft 94+5
                      http://staronionbrigade.com/ My Blog

Fyi: No Excalibur or aegis(working on aegis) rest is legit ;o

Comment

Working...
                      X