This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paladin DD 101

Well, I got bored last night and wanted to xp, but didnt feel like tanking.

So this is our PT Setup:
    Monk/war(my gf)
    Samurai/thf(my ls friend)
    Paladin/war
    Paladin/nin(moi)
    whm
    rdm

I always pt with my friend sam and my gf, I will admit they are *very* decked out on gear. PT avrged 5k/h

we did Aura golem`s killed them swifty and chained 5 easily, deco weapon`s would be much easier for our dmg out put:

But this is my gear setup

main: Company sword (full pt = 56dmg base)
    offhand: Joyeuse ( low base dmg but double attack very common, tp build is excellent)

Head: Optical Hat

neck: Ryl. Collar (4 acc 4 atk i think)

body : Haubergeon

hand: RSE Taru hand ( +6 STR etc..)

Belt: Warwolf ( +5 STR +5 DEX etc.. best DD belt cheap)

Ring1 & 2: Ruby Ring (+4 STR each)

Back: Amemit mantle

legs: adaman cuisse( I SHOULD get feral or dusk legs)

feet: Taru RSE Feet (+4 STR)

Earring 1: Supponomi
    Earring 2: Cassie(i could get better but I have no space)

Food Type: Sole Sushi

WS used:

for weapons vorpal blade @ 100 tp you easily push 450~500dmg

For Golems 100tp Swift you easily get 250-350~, vorpal seemed to really suck versus them.

Quick tips

Stealing hate:

WS @ Start, flash, and it should do it. you will be suprised how much hate you can pull with /nin with this setup.

Heeeeeee(gf mnk) will steal hate no matter how good you are. but its meant to be like that, flash your x dd during that time by the time they have hate they have ws rdy.

Avrg dmg per attack interval:

main hand 50-65, offhand 25-36(double attacks a lot) so 130~ a lot, too bad heeee does that with her single fist XD

ill talk more soon work
    Weeee of Kujata(Main)
    PLD 75
    Ninja 75
    RDM 75
    THF: 75
    RNG: 75
    BST: 75
    BLM: 70
    Mule1
    BLM: 75
    Mule2
    THF: 71
    Heeeeeee(RL GF):
    Mnk, BRD, WAR ,BLM: 75
    Cooking: 96
    ClothCraft 94+5
    http://staronionbrigade.com/ My Blog

Fyi: No Excalibur or aegis(working on aegis) rest is legit ;o

Re: Paladin DD 101

Wow, nice work. I wish I had enough gil for most of that equipment. But I'm stuck at two million. ; ;

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

You named your chr.... "Weeee"?
      -Baka Inu!
      Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
      Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
      Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

first ding 74 :p

Omecle:
        Switch in a narashima for body
        use mermans earring and or minuet
        for hands there are plenty of cheap options.

Just make sure your main sword is company and off hand joyeuse. that would be advice if you wanna play on a more limited budget.

InuTrunks: Yes
        Weeee of Kujata(Main)
        PLD 75
        Ninja 75
        RDM 75
        Mule1
        Mule2
        Heeeeeee(RL GF):
        ClothCraft 94+5

Comment

do you use like a.... cure <stpc> macro? seems like especially with taru mp, you could contribute quite a bit. Then again, that takes time out of your DoT...
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Lmnop:

Yes I do, I will admit while most of the time I am full mp, I do take advantage of it, for one, your flash's contribuate greatly, thats about 2-3 hits less on whoever is getting hit, so either shadows saved, or cures saved, espcially good when using SATA's with none blink job.(like in this case my girlfriends monk)

I do toss cures, the rdm's especially like it when they convert and want to fill in that extra gap.

I never rest if your wondering.
            My MP hits the 500~ (/blm I easily hit 700mp with some crimson pieces i have)

DoT wise its really the sam+mnk doing it, im just there to finish off it off with a vorpal or something. my dot pretty much is enough so when the SC proc's the mob is gonna be pretty much dead.

If you do this, do it with friends in your ls as long as they dont care.
            your not exactly gimp, but your not exactly pimp as a pld DD.
            Weeee of Kujata(Main)
            PLD 75
            Ninja 75
            RDM 75
            Mule1
            Mule2
            Heeeeeee(RL GF):
            ClothCraft 94+5

Comment

Eager to try some of this out. Just need help with getting Joyeuse and O-Hat now v_v;

Comment

I will be sure to try it out once I'm level 70+. ^^ Just want to get through the 60's and see how things turn out first. =)

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

very nice.

One suggestion: Royal Knight's Breeches should be hella lot cheaper than dusk legs and IMO, better than Feral.
                  "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Slap on a couple million dollar items and call it a damage dealer, whats the world coming to?
                    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                    Yeah, It’s true.
                    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Well, as dramatic as the improvement over normal PLD damage for this setup probably is, a WAR/NIN with Woodville and Juggernaut and the rest of the gear the same would outdamage him easily. They get Aggressor, higher STR, more attack bonus traits, and Rampage, you get Swift Blade and a bunch of defensive stuff.

This is more about how 73+ decorative weapon massacre parties let you get away with almost anything, than about the viability of PLD as a DD. Inviting a PLD to deal damage is like inviting a BLM/WHM to heal - they can do it, but not as well as a job that was designed to be great at it.

Also, warwolf is not the best DD belt, but may be the best available for some jobs. Black belt utterly outclasses it. *Brown* belt is slightly better than warwolf for DD.
                      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Lmnop: about the legs i forgot i had them for my bst and used it on pld ^^

On a side note my vorpals do 400-550 on golems now, my record 554. once i hit 276 it just changed a lot on dmg. so i went back to vorpal instead of swift. also my criticals hit 92-120 now, i have critical merited. the joyeuse criticals between 50-90, at this point i pull hate if i have haste on me from time to time.

Tipsy:

the comment: Slap on a couple million dollar items and call it a damage dealer, whats the world coming to?

1st. if you can afford it why not, and if your pt members dont mind *at all* why not. im not exactly gimping the xp. espcially my XP PT's only require 5 members really. Asuran->Tachi:Gekko is a powerful ws, i usually finish it off with vorpal.

End game you can turn many uncommon jobs into DD. When I do make these pt's its 4/6 ls members, our xp/h is always 5k/h unless we kill ulli.(6k on ring)
                        Keep in mind End game is full of t,vt and low IT's. Which allows us to take advantage of other jobs. I wouldnt enjoy to see a pld trying to be a DD in his 50's.
                        The Company sword+joyeuse combo makes it work very well without "gimping" your dmg

also paladin has a remarkamble base STR &
                        Tarutaru stats:
                        Monk 75 Base STR 63 HTH A+
                        Paladin 74 Base STR 64 Sword A+

it's not the optimal DD, but its not horrible either.

56dmg on a 1 hand weapon is *very* high too might i note. check any other 1 hand weapon to see for yourself. if it wasnt for company sword it wouldnt be that good.

remmeber: 56->34->34=124
                        joyeuse proc's a lot on double atk, and with supponoi+haste your swing rate is pretty quick.
                        also tp gain is fair.

in the end, im just telling people that it works end game. Most people who read my threads enjoy it as far as i am concerned.

also I do state facts such as :

main hand 50-65, offhand 25-36(double attacks a lot) so 130~ a lot, too bad heeee does that with her single fist XD

comments like : Slap on a couple million dollar items and call it a damage dealer, whats the world coming to?

are something that really i didnt expect from here. Its rather very insulting.

be glad i dont post stuff that goes like:
                        _________________________________________________________________________
                        Title: 101 Hornetneedle & RDM DD

enspell weakness haste, DD away , this is the AWESOME GUYS! LIKE I OUT DID THE PLD IN OUR PT!!! LAWLZ

U GOTTA TRY IT! BUT LIKE KEEL SOME NM FIRST! THAN LIKE SMACK MOBS! USE DA SUSHI FTW!
                        _____________________________________________________________________

No I wouldnt do that, but people do post stuf like that unfourtuntly, with no given proper gear setup, and no reason why its valid.

I will give valid arguments. (in case a rdm does read this, there is a couple of mobs you can take advantage of actually which is such thing like BCNM20 vs a crab where beestinger 150delay + a enspell helps a lot, until u get a joyeuse it is indeed the quickest weapon for dmg on elementals as well. but in a main exp pt off IT ++, its not reall valid, as the mob can resist your en spell, you do not have a good class weapon for it. )
                        Weeee of Kujata(Main)
                        PLD 75
                        Ninja 75
                        RDM 75
                        Mule1
                        Mule2
                        Heeeeeee(RL GF):
                        ClothCraft 94+5

Comment

Supposedly you only need 20-30 bonus acc against the mobs you lvl off of at 75 so you might wanna consider switching from suishi to atk food at that point.

Comment

TP to 300% and before the next fight cure to full (1.8k no food --- 1.9kish depending on food), Flash >> Spirits Within (47% of current HP) and do 800+ damage. I can do this every 2-3 fights, without all the 'dd 101 armor'. My gear?

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?66189

1786 +40 in areas outside own nation's control(alla dosnt show the +40); grand total 1828, when was the last time bastok owned sky =/
                            In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                            And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                            Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                            Yeah, It’s true.
                            It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Equip Martial Anelace in main, Joyeuse in off hand and try that. Spam-fest Spirits Within lol. From the looks of it though, Weeee would be doing more damage with his setup by just unleashing at 100% TP every time, also will have greater DoT with the Company as opposed to Martial Anelace. One stat people overlook is that PLD have the 3rd best rated STR out of all jobs( I believe, somebody correct me if I'm wrong). Also having A+ in a weapon helps, its better than anything I have as a THF.
                              Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

Working...
                              X