Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. Please don't kill me. I just wanted to ask if this is possible.

PLD/MNK:

Would be able to hold hate? I once heard that 3 Boosts = 1 Provoke. Is that true? Would it not be possible to hold hate if one Boosts every 15 sec? And you would have Flash, Shield Bash, Dodge, Focus as well to pull hate.

Counter, HP Boost... if you could keep hate, would be very usuful. Everytime you counter, you help keep the hate on you.

Realy. Anybody actualy try it? I met a PLD/MNK (Japanese). He was wearing AF armor (been a while can't remember his level). I wish I understood or talked Japanese, but I could not understand or figure out how to ask him the details. (He helped me get my PLD job btw ^^)

Thoughts?
    Modnar

Melee:
    43 Monk; 25 Warrior; 20 Theif; 10 Dragoon; 11 Dark Knight; 7 Ninja.

Mage:
    55 Red Mage; 32 Black Mage; 27 White Mage.

Comment

Re: Party vs All Other Sub Discussion.

"Next: If you don't want to play cookie cutters because you want to have fun for the game you paid for, keep in mind you are being extremely selfish. The 5 other people in your PT paid for the game as well, and when you use a really stupid subjob, you are wasting their time, money, and a valuable PT spot."
      What is the point of playing if you're not having fun? Having played both this and WoW, I find FFXi to be morew beautiful and engaging, but WoW is more fun. Why not try something new and maybe it'll work out really well with what other people want to try?

Comment

Originally posted by imac2much View Post
        First, my regular subjob disclaimer:
        BST : From what many BST friends tell me, Charm success rate is checked with your MAIN job level as opposed to your BST job level. Of course, BST have a slightly higher chance to charm if it was the main job, but I've seen lvl 50/1 RDM/BST's charm Kraken in Qufim. I think PLD/BST would be useful to solo otherwise risky decent challenge monsters when helping people hunting items or maybe for just gilfarming. For example, a PLD/BST at level 50-55 could probably charm monsters in CN to attack exorays with, helping people with genkai 1. I doubt a lvl 50-55 PLD of any other subjob can solo exorays, especially since their specials can do more then 500 even at that level. You also get widescan (although not as effective as RNG widescan) and Charm is as fast as provoke, if you are trying to catch an NM.
        Specialty : Soloing otherwise unsoloable mobs, or for helping with item-hunting. The DPS added from a DC pet isn't enough to recommend this combo for higher level quest/mission PTs. Widescan and Charm also help for NM camping.
        I respectively disagree that pld/bst cant solo exorays at level 50-55 as I have done it many times.

All you need to do is continuously feed decent challenge soldier crawlers to them and hide behind the stone in the CN that the mob cant run through.

The pets and mob have to walk around the stone while you can run between it and the wall.

It gets extremely easier once Hornflies become even matches as they become effective cannonn fodder.

The only thing you have to be aware of is when the pets uncharm.

Since pld can wear all bst type armor, it becomes extremely easy to solo any tough - incredibly tough when youre not really attacking it.

If the mob actually hits you, it hardly does any damage at all.

Dont get me wrong, if you mischarm a new mob after the old one dies, youre basically screwed unless you know how to run in a circle very well which I have mastered.

LMK in game if you need any help at all.

Comment

If you can make PLD/BST work for you that's fantastic, but it doesn't require you arguing with 5 year old posts. Stop necroing old threads for this.
          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Actually post is less then 3 years old... not that its really any better just felt like pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by imac2much View Post
              DRG : Unfortunately, DRG is never a good sub for any job, and this goes the same for PLD/DRG. This combination doesn't add anything to a PLD. Well, you'll have an accuracy bonus and jump... high jump at lvl 70... that's really about it.
              Specialty : None.
              i hate to tell you this but drg is one of the best subjobs for soloing on sam. I've also used /drg on my drk in ballista whenever i had the chance to use a kraken club. The fact that you think that /drg is so terrible says right there that most of the information you release to the "lower level players" is going to bias them on not leveling certain jobs for certain things; for example i know for a fact that pld/rdm is the BEST pld sub for ballista besides maybe dancer.

Comment

Working...
              X