Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feasibility of Galka PLD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Feasibility of Galka PLD

    Alright, first a little background to this topic. I have read several topics in this forum, and it seems to be generally agreed among high level players that Galka PLD is subpar due to low MP. Is the Galka's low MP really that detrimental in parties? I know that you need to Cure 2/3 now and then to generate hate, but do you really need to do it more than once/twice a fight? Because, even if Elvaan/Hume has more MP, that just means they have to sit longer to regen it. Also, with a BRD/RDM, Galka's lower MP cap shouldn't be a problem right?

    See, I have a lvl 12 Galka PLD/WAR at the moment. I'm using a few +MP items (a hairpin, some earrings, etc), and also have a friar's rope and holy phial waiting for me when I reach that level. I plan to get Astral Rings probably when I'm past level 30 (and when I can afford them) and also try to get the RSE gloves and maybe boots. With all this +MP equipment, I'll still have less than a Hume maybe, but comparable to an Elvaan. I think I should have enough for 2 or so Cure 2's per battle later, shouldn't that be enough? Because if a Hume/Elvaan PLD/WAR used more than 1 or 2 Cure 2's per battle, he'd have to sit a lot longer (losing TP and requiring more downtime). I also have a macro to switch equipment from +MP stuff to +Def stuff (right now they only change my hairpin/faceguard but I plan to use it with other stuff if I can as well).

    So exactly how viable is a Galka PLD if played the way I plan it? Is it effective and/or is it comparable to other races? Remember, Galkas will have the most HP and Defense (thanks to higher VIT), but then again, I'll have to sacrifice equipment slots for +MP items whereas other races might use +def/vit items... Bah, so complicated

    So anyways, final questions: What kinda equipment should I shoot for with my Galka PLD/WAR and what kinda food should I get? (and does food stack?)

    Thanks, and sorry for all the questions... it's just that I really really want to play as PLD/WAR but am just afraid that I'm going to be a gimp >_<
    I believe in karma. Anyone I treat badly probably deserved it.

  • #2
    Well...

    I don't know if I'm really helping any by posting it, but I wouldn't worry so much about it. I would eat food and stuff yeah, but, Paladins are mostly used for tanks in-game. You most always have a RDM or a WHM in the group. But, you're kind of the sub-healer. That's if your healer sucks and you have to help yourself out a little or something like that. Honestly, I'd be stacking defense like a mofo. To me, that's the whole point of becoming a Galka Paladin, for the sheer defense and vitality of a Galka. Play as you want though. Best advice I could give you about food is to type in "MP Food" and "MP Equipment (Or Item)" at the search engine on the boards and see what you come up with.
    There must be light for the darkness to exist. Without the light, there is nothing. The light is ultimate!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Honestly I would have been a Galka Pld but the looks of them drove me away. They make the best damage sponge. When you get higher in lvls being in a group with a RDM with refresh or bard with ballad will fix that problem. Even as an elvaan the only time I run out of MP is if we are chaining very tough or incredibly tough monsters and still manage to keep the hate mostly on me.

      Vit is the stat to go for.. you can raise this even further with mithra fish kabobs or torilla (they are only 500 for a stack of 12).

      Astral rings are good but really now.. by the time you'll be able to afford them you'll be very high lvl to even worry about them. But yeah they can help with the MP situation
      Myriam *DEACTIVATED* [Rank 5](Import)
      WHM 57 THF 41 NIN 17 BLM 25 PLD 27 WAR 15

      Bousch *ACTIVE* [Rank 4] (US retail)
      PLD 37 WAR 30 MNK 10 WHM 10 RDM 3

      Skyelyn *ACTIVE BOT* [Rank 5] (US retail)
      MNK 21 WAR 10 BST 23 WHM 43
      BLM 18 RDM 51

      Hayabusa *ACTIVE* [Rank 3] (US retail
      BST31 WHM 30 THF 18
      Leader of Trigun <(^^)>

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the comments guys. I feel better knowing that my galka can be effective if played correctly, even if not as effective as an elvaan. And I have no qualms about his physical appearance, I find elvaans much more odd ...but that's just a personal preference.

        On a sidenote, what kind of equipment is good for PLD? I know I should try to keep armor as updated as I can (for defense) but are there any other stats/additions I should be aware of? Plus, what about the 'accessory' slots? I was planning on:
        Belt: Friar's Rope
        Neck: Holy Phial
        Earrings: Energy/Black Earrings
        Rings: Not sure yet.. Right now I'm using a Bastokian and Bomb Ring... don't know what else to use honestly.
        Back: Dhalmel Mantle at the moment... I think Earth Mantle looks nice for later though.

        Any comments?
        I believe in karma. Anyone I treat badly probably deserved it.

        Comment


        • #5
          As for equipment you basically want Vit Vit vit.. anything with Vit. Its what determains how much dmg you take when you get hit.. the higher it is.. this less dmg you take. You ARE the tank, and as Galka you will be able to take MORE hits than any other race.
          Myriam *DEACTIVATED* [Rank 5](Import)
          WHM 57 THF 41 NIN 17 BLM 25 PLD 27 WAR 15

          Bousch *ACTIVE* [Rank 4] (US retail)
          PLD 37 WAR 30 MNK 10 WHM 10 RDM 3

          Skyelyn *ACTIVE BOT* [Rank 5] (US retail)
          MNK 21 WAR 10 BST 23 WHM 43
          BLM 18 RDM 51

          Hayabusa *ACTIVE* [Rank 3] (US retail
          BST31 WHM 30 THF 18
          Leader of Trigun <(^^)>

          Comment

          Working...
          X