how did you get Utsusemi Ni ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did you get Utsusemi Ni ?

which BCNM did you get it? and which BCNM you feel has a better chance of getting it to drop?

or if you bought it, what's was your way of farming gil just for this scroll? (that a 60 DRK can do)

some say you can quest it, but I'm not sure which quest it is or if a 60 DRK can solo it. or did they mean just BCNM's?

Re: how did you get Utsusemi Ni ?

BSNM 40 Royal Jellys is good for melee jobs if you can find a rdm to go with you, plus you can get an archers ring from this on too.
    BSNM 40 Under observation is supposed to be good too but DRKs would have a hard time on this cause theres only a few jobs welcome to do it blm and nin really. That drops it and you could get a Peacock Charm too, thats a cool 1.7 mil on bismark atm.
    Barsha: Sam 85 Blm 85 Blu 85 Drg 75 Rdm 78 Whm 49 Thf 49 War 49 Dnc 42 Nin 49 Drk 33
    Alchemy 23 Cooking 23
    Bastok 6-1 COP complete AU complete ZM complete WotG Wings Of Glory

Comment

When people say that you can quest it, they're really talking about BCNMs. As a side note, I find most people who say you can quest it to be WoW players who have taken up FFXI, and I'm assuming applying their terms to our game.

Having gotten something like 3 Utusemi: Ni scrolls recently, I'm a fan of Royal Jelly, although TBH that BCNM treats me like crap most of the time.

Many years ago when I still did Steamed Sprouts with my LS, we seemed to get an Utsu: Ni scroll every other orb. Also only did that one while a Full Moon was in effect.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Depending on your luck in BCNM's, sometimes it's better to put the time into farming and just buy the scroll.

Comment

I bought mine. I would've BCNM'd for one if I could've got my knucklehead LS members together to help me. >.> we tried to do Under Observation as NIN, WAR/NIN, and RDM. Wiped 2x. Problem was Hexeye, I turned around but it somehow still hit me. 2nd time we got the final mob down to 1/2 way and we ended up getting wtfpwnd pretty quickly. I think if I had my BLU leveled at that time I would've went as BLU instead of WAR and we would've won.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
          Originally posted by Solymir
          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
            I turned around but it somehow still hit me
            Ive not done UO myself but ive heard the trick to it on nin is to just fight backwards and use the level 40 elemental wheel NI spells to kill the mobs, then hex eye is useless if your not looking at it.
            Barsha: Sam 85 Blm 85 Blu 85 Drg 75 Rdm 78 Whm 49 Thf 49 War 49 Dnc 42 Nin 49 Drk 33
            Alchemy 23 Cooking 23

Comment

Originally posted by Reverent Knight View Post
              Ive not done UO myself but ive heard the trick to it on nin is to just fight backwards and use the level 40 elemental wheel NI spells to kill the mobs, then hex eye is useless if your not looking at it.
              I know that, notice I said I turned and hexeye still hit me. I didn't say I was staring him in his eye lol. With me being /NIN I didn't have the ninja tools to backward tank and my ninjitsu wasn't very high so I figured it probably wouldn't do enough damage anyways. So basically I just hit it with the axe and when it hexeyed I turned before it got it off which worked pretty well at first. Eventually gameglitch hexeye'd. My friend who was the NIN was backward casting on the mob and doing pretty well. RDM kited the main with gravity. We would've won if we could've stunned the main one's Firaga, but that bastard hit pretty hard.
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
              Originally posted by Solymir
              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I'm currently O/15+ on anything remotely good on Petrifying Pair (which also drops Ni)...

So, my advice... chose a BCNM and PRAY to whatever god(s) float your boat. I appreciate the thread cuz I got tons of seals and I'm tired of getting stiffed by Lizzies.
                FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                  I know that, notice I said I turned and hexeye still hit me
                  I thought you were the NIN sorry. The timing on those gaze attacks is harsh, we were playing with some minotaurs when we were waiting to do COP 2-3, after several successful turns a got cocky and ws one and guess what boom mortal ray right as i pressed it. death 10 seconds later. My lesson level NIN to 40 and then i can be clever with it.
                  Far as the BSNMs go I have crappy luck on them too I'm about 0/10 on RJ for Ni but i did get an archers ring that was going for 400k at the time so i could have bought it if i wanted it. Had no interest in NIN at the time so just blew it on melee gear.
                  Alchemy 23 Cooking 23

Comment

I bought mine, and then leveled Ninja to 40 to I could do Under Observation and farm those as well as have the small chance to get PCC's. Buying that spell and leveling Ninja to 40 was one of the best investments I ever made.
                    "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

I got mine from Royal Jelly BCNM.

For the millions of times that I have done the BCNM, I see it drop once for ever three runs. Just from my experience, it seems to be a 33% drop.
                      PSN ID: Kelshan
                      Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                      Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                      sigpic

Comment

I find that doing Under Obser is the best for me. Since it can drop multiple Ni's and a PCC I cant ask for more. I olny do this with BLMx3 and have done it a few times with NinX2 and SMN Astral flow FTW.

I have had my hands on over 6 Ni's so far.:-/ (for what its worth)

Comment

Count one more towards Royal Jelly.
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I got mine by sacrificing and harvesting the souls of newborn puppies and kittens for Lady Lilith o.o

OK, it was really by grinding BST on Under Observation.

Comment

Got mine by doing Royal Jelly, on my very first BCNM of all things too ^^ But honestly, I've had the best luck on that one, and its pretty easy if you go as DRGx3 or go RDM/BLM and DRGx2 (altho any job that can handle a polearm decently will work i.e. WAR or SAM, hell ive taken RNG with Holy Bolts and kicked ass too).

Farming well, try out Selphiie's farming guide, that might help you with locating some decent farming spots so you can just come up with the gil to buy it. Keep in mind, its not a 100% chance that the Ni scroll will drop.
                              Originally posted by Van Wilder
                              Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                              Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Working...
                              X