Can Ninja solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ninja solo

Well I have been in the game on an of. Most of my charcters are 20ish touching 30 at best. I enjoy playing the game because of the group element. However I don't always have time or patenice for a group.I have seen Ninja subed a lot as as a solo usage class. I have heard of the Rdm/Nin an atm I have seen a ton of Dcn/Nin that just go to town.

So can Nin/??? anything work for solo. The two issues I have noticed for soloing is low damage an well no healing in the Nin class at least.

Any ideas or has anyone got some setup that works well?

Re: Can Ninja solo

maybe NIN/WHM or /RDM for some healing but before 37 when u get Utsusemi:NI i doubt NIN can solo.

Comment

I think it can be done, can't say I've ever really tried, I duo'ed on my nin with a whm friend, we found it worked so if you don't want to party maybe duo with a linkshell member?

Comment

Yes it can, even before utsusemi ni. You just can't skimp on consumables. Eat attack food, hojo and kurayami before every fight and throw shuriken as much as you can.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/nin...ninja-o-o.html
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

You can solo even match mobs even at level 30 with ninja. I found decient chalenge to be more worthwhile since it takes much longer to kill the even matches at that level. Of course if your trying to cap your ninjitsu they work nicely for spamming the cheapest ninjitsu you can find. (Who says the elemental wheel is completely useless :+D)
          That's all the further I've tried any solo work on my ninja while looking for groups so can't vouch after that point.
          I carry echo drops for mobs that can silence, Selbina Milk when having bad luck with spell interupts, Jacolanturns for the evasion and use the 2nd katana ws Blade:Retsu to add paralyze to the mob right before attempting another shadows recast. Blind and slow work wonders. Since the ninjitsu for paralyze is 30th level the ws had to do so save the tp for right before shadow recasts.

Comment

It's possible. Soloed my taru nin/rdm to 20 in the dunes fighting VT mobs. Utsusemi and blind and blade retsu/paralyze are what make it possible (plus good timing)

Comment

/dnc seems to be like a great soloing sub for nin.

evasion bonus
              accuracy bonus
              drain
              cure
              status ailment removal
              sneak/invis
              evasion down
              defense down
              gravity
              provoke

I'm not sure on the success rates of evasion/def down and gravity but even if those are not viable, the other things gained seem pretty impressive too.
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

My sister soloed NIN from Lv.1 to Lv.37. Started as /WHM, and switched over to /BST at NIN15, I think.

NIN/DNC looks to be a pretty decent combination for soloing to me as well.
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

NIN/BST is pretty amazing for soloing. Just make sure your BST is the same level as your NIN or higher or your charms will fail a lot more often than they really should. CHR gear is pretty universal at this level, and the stuff that not is usually mage onry so...don't really have an advantage over BST there. The only problem with subbing BST for soloing at low levels is you don't have Tame til 60 and you don't get Leave til 70 >.<...but I know it can be done (soloed 30-36 as NIN/BST cause parties around that level give me headaches).

Comment

I solo on NIN sometimes while LFP but mostly only on EP and DC mobs, with the occasional EM. It's not easy, but it works.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Yea, you can target any of the worms from the WOTG zones to Koro. Tunnel to Qufim Island to Maze of Sha. They are easiar b/c you can run away and recast your Utsusemi since they are stationary.

Also don't forget you can call out your NPC buddy.

Comment

Unlike other jobs (especially at 40+) NIN can take full advantage of /WAR and full-time berserk because of shadows and A- rated evasion.

Other good subs for soloing are THF (for the 2 evasion traits; best used only if stacking on piles of +evasion gear and food) WHM, DNC BLU and RDM. If you have the money for it, at 51/60+ NIN/BLM can be a powerful combo that can solo some otherwise nasty mobs.

Open up with enfeebles and then spam that wheel while swapping out elemental staffs.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X