+acc for NIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +acc for NIN

So my NIN is 31 right now, and whilst in a stint in the Jungles, I noticed that I missed a hell of a lot. I dont know this is standard for the level, or if the other 2 NINs that came and went also had the same problem!

I have been concentrating so much on getting the best armour I can for main slots and filling others (Rings, Waist, Earrings, etc) with +AGI and +STR.

*I was eating Squid Sushi at the time as well*

Any suggestions?

1. My NIN doesnt hit very hard - low double digits on Mandies
    2. Misses a lot

Apart from that...Im ok.

What do you all think?

EDIT: Using Fukuro and Busoto +1

Re: +acc for NIN

You're not gonna hit for a whole lot and misses come as part of the game at this point.
    I used rice dumplings for +5 acc and a %atk increase. I mainly used the gear listed in the sticky on here about lvling nin to 30.
    Its mostly evasion, with a couple pieces that have attack and accuracy thrown in.
    You can go hardcore in a few levels and get snipers and Peacock charm, but its not all that necessary, especially considering that sushi becmoes a viable food at ~40. Before that, you're not getting much acc. from using it, and the straight 5 acc. and the atk from rice dumplings really do more in the long run.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Missing seems to happen a lot at lower levels. Sushi isn't too effective then because it gives accuracy based on a percent of your accuracy, but there's not many foods that give a straight up +accuracy that are worthwhile. And there's not much out there for accuracy gear...

I'd go with verner ring and one of those rare/ex archer rings if you can get your hands on them. There's also some level 25 kotes that boost accuracy by 2 (3 for the HQ). Rice dumplings will help your damage a lot, and they give +5 accuracy. It's less accuracy than sushi though (which would give about +14 at that level).

Using rice dumplings and a verner ring, I was at about 65% accuracy rate at level 34-37 against high IT. A lot lower than I'd like, but I was also hitting harder than anybody else per swing, since I was using attack gear from my monk. (And I never exped with somebody that used attack food while I was leveling my NIN from 34 to 37.) At least I didn't lose hate very often.
      Generic Info!

Comment

Well, if it seem the norm..fair enough. I just thought something was wrong.

So which is it anyway, Sushi worth it or not?

Comment

Well, we both used rice dumplings. They're not amazingly expensive (about 14k last time I checked on my server). You lose a bit of accuracy, but the damage increase is well worth it at that level, I'd think.

Without peacock charm (which I never really expect people to have), the road to 40 is kind of painful for accuracy, but after that, things look up again. Sniper ring x2 should make your accuracy pretty good for a while, then you can wear life belt. You probably won't need sushi for anything other than back-up (party overcamping and killing really high IT monsters or fighting THF monsters) until the late 50's using those 3 items. Then if you get scorpion harness, you can keep using attack food past then pretty easily...

Although all those items would be quite a bit of money, and that's looking fairly far into the future. :x
          Generic Info!

Comment

Im saving for a Scorp Harness now. I saw it in the AH last night and I decided to use my mule savings (not quite there yet) to get it.

I have been trying to camp Valkrum Emp for ages, but I cant seem to even get the fly to pop. On FFXI, it says the PH is the first fly in the group (100% confirmed) and then it says its the LAST fly in the group. ::confuse:: And everytime Im there, whoever else is camping it kills all the flies anyway so you cant even tell which is the PH >.>

So, Rice Dumplings is food of choice. Im primarily taking this to 37 for now, but I have a feeling I will take it further as I really like the job.

Comment

If you like NIN now, you'll probably love it after level 37. I didn't like NIN until 37, but what got me was how often I got caught with my pants down. (No shadows up, about 15 seconds left until I can cast it again.)

Good luck with the empress hairpin. I never got it for NIN, despite camping it. It's definitely a very nice piece of gear for NIN.
              Generic Info!

Comment

Yeah, I borrowed an Empress Hairpin and Leaping Boots for a session in the jungles and I hardly got hit, coupled with my Night Cape.

I want it so bad!

Comment

Around level 40 is a good time for NIN to switch to sushi. Since your level is too late for using Jack-O'Lantern, try Rice drumpling (as above posters suggested). When you have accuacy issue, an alternative is to make sure those precious katana swings that landed on the mobs, hit very hard ^^b

As for Empress Hairpin or Evasion in general, as higher level your NIN goes, less reliable against those nasty mobs at higher laters.

There is an alternative for acc+ gear for damage output or holding hate at level 40: The Ni version elemental wheel (Doton: Ni, Huton: Ni, Hyoton: Ni, Suiton: Ni, Katon: Ni, Raiton: Ni)

At level 41, my NIN had a serious problem holding hate (basically I lost hate every single battle w/o a THF). Then I tried the Elemental Ninjutsu. I was using only 3 out of the 6 Elemental: Ni Ninjutsu (wind, ice, thunder) because I cannot afford to use all 6 at that time. My issue of hate control was solved with just using "half the wheel." (yes, I did spam those 3 ninjutsu)

As my NIN levels up, I bought the rest of the Elemental: Ni Ninjutsu scrolls. The "wheel" finally lost its effectives at level 65.
                  Server: Quetzalcoatl
                  Race: Hume Rank 7
                  75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I have the ichi elemental wheel under my belt, but I am ashamed to say I have never used them. Only ever used Utsu.

I even have my macros for them, stating in /p what element they will be weakened to. Just never got round to buying the tools :p

Comment

The ichi level elemental ninjutsu aren't very good. They take too long to cast and don't do very good damage. They're pretty much only good for making the BLM and RDM get resisted less. The debuffs are good though. Hojo/Kurayami/Jubaku = yay.
                      Generic Info!

Comment

The ichi elemental wheel damage is very low. However, Ni version is godly from 40 ~ 55 ^o^! The Ni version around lvl 40 rarely resisted and can 80+ dmg each (those exp. mob around that level seems very weak against nuke). I had partied with some cool BLMs who nukes according on the elemental wheel.

At my current level those exp mobs usually resist the elemental: Ni to 0 ~ 4 damage T_T
                        Server: Quetzalcoatl
                        Race: Hume Rank 7
                        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I never had problems with hate as a NIN. I followed a simply premise get hate hold hate any way I can. That meant using NIN enfeeble, NIN Elemental Wheel and Throwing some Shuriken.

Get a friend or 2 and do the Mini-Quest for the Mermaid's Ring and possibly eat Dorado Sushi.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Beastme...ands_Region%29

As a Tank a NIN need worry about whether they have Hate not how much they are hitting. IF you are loosing hate and it is due to missing then you need to adjust to that, if you notice you are missing but not loosing hate don't worry until it becomes a problem.

As for throwing up to 50-55 it is a great way to get hate glued to you. MAcro R.Acc gear for when you throw.
                          Sergeant Major
                          75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
                          22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
                          Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

I have a stack of Shuiekiens ready, but my throwing skill is.....non-existant. Now I am playing NIN properly I guess I should lvl it up. All to do in my break from RDM lvl grind ^^

Comment

get the Charkram to skill throwing, I went hardcore into throwing from lvl 20 - 50~55 then let it slide. Currently my Throwing is only 176 at lvl 75. I plan on skilling it up though. It's usefulness drops off around lvl 50. But through the 30s it is amazing how much hate you get just landing 2 hits of a Shuriken per mob.
                              Sergeant Major
                              75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
                              22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
                              Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

Working...
                              X