New Ninja 2hr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ninja 2hr

I've thought about it for awhile and wondered if NIN as a job needed a better 2hr. Imho the Mijin Gakure is a easy get out of this place with my lv on, which is pretty neat and funny to pull.

I'm going to send this to SE but before I do i wanted some input...

Like DRG the Mijin Gakure could be set to 20mins.

NIN 2hr (haven't quite thought of a suitable name yet)

Description: All ninjustu is enhanced ie ichi becomes as potent as ni and ni becomes as potent as san. If the character is hit physically then the damage done by the monster is inflicted upon the one who does it, imagine a spike spell ladies and gentlemen only way upped in damage, but no side effects. Lastly, any magical damage taken is halfed and the other half is put in "regen" mode say I as a nin get hit for 200dd by thunder, then I will gain 10 hp per sec until 100hp is reached (designed to keep nin alive if mages are down).

As you have read this 2hr has a lot of power to it, being somewhat godly, i put all of them there because I'm not sure which to take out(if applicable ).

The only problem in overgodliness i see is with Utsusemi San which grants 15 shadows per cast(i think).

I appreciate your comments^^

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Re: New Ninja 2hr

Utsu: San actually gives 5 shadows from what I understand but has a 12 second cast time or something ridiculous like that.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
    SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

maybe i should add cuts ninjustu casting of ni and higher by 15 percent

Edit: or have the improved ninjustu follow the times of the original ninjustu

Comment

Originally posted by Intensity
        Utsu: San actually gives 5 shadows from what I understand but has a 12 second cast time or something ridiculous like that.
        where did you hear/read/deduce that?

i think the 2hr needs to fit the job. this doesnt seem to fit ninja too well. what does a ninja do? he is stealthy. hmm, maybe give him a 1 shot big damage move when starting an attack while tonko is active. or i dunno, something that incorporates the theme of the job.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Tanking does not equal stealthy, thus death to that theme. Plus, nothing better than an exploded nin imo.

Don't mind me, I'm just a bitter pld.

Comment

I was thinking about nin's capability for survival and enhancing it, can you say specifically what doesn't work with nin?

Comment

i think the thing about your idea is that it makes the ninja seem like hes very confrontational. to me, that sounds more like a pld. they defend, they take the enemy head on. a ninja, is more about stealth and going behind the lines sort of attacker. nin does tank now but i dont think the theme of the job should be changed just because they are used to tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                where did you hear/read/deduce that?
                I'm vaguely remembering it from one of the NM's in Dynamis. My casting time may be slightly off.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Honestly i wasn't even thinking about this as a nin war lol i was imagining using this when the pt is dead and you are on your own with a mob and teh zone far away but you have a point since se doesn't like nin tanks anyway and tanking isn't the central thing ill work on that.

If anyone has any ideas for the new 2hr post em

Comment

well i said, giving it some sort of attack bonus when striking an enemy while invisible (tonko). or does that sounds too wow-ish?

intensity: ah i see. meh, never liked doing dynamis.

Comment

I'd leave the Ninja's 2 hour the same but make it inflict huge status effects on the mob. Like, Mijin Gakure then for the next minute the mob's accuracy is reduced to 0%. Or Mijin Gakure then the Mob's ATK is reduced to 0 for 1 minute. Maybe make it 30 seconds so not too overpowered.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75

Comment

well as soon as you attack them invis wears off, and you could always miss unless its a ws

Idk it seems cheesy rather than wowish but i think giving the ninjitsu additional effects when a certain spell is cast would help just have to think up of some

ie cast Utsu ichi you gain the effect of ice spikes (no thats not one sounds cheap)

Double Post Edited:
                        Originally posted by Intensity
                        I'd leave the Ninja's 2 hour the same but make it inflict huge status effects on the mob. Like, Mijin Gakure then for the next minute the mob's accuracy is reduced to 0%. Or Mijin Gakure then the Mob's ATK is reduced to 0 for 1 minute. Maybe make it 30 seconds so not too overpowered.
                        I think you might have something there but wouldn't it be best if the nin was alive somehow? thats what i trying to see if i can accomplish and have a good 2hr

But doing a Nin 2hr on kirin with permanent gravity, slow, para, bind,etc with the other enfeebles including shock until the one who initiated the 2hr or the mob is dead would be a smart idea
                        Last edited by Khidir; 03-17-2006, 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nah, better to keep the Ninja dead. otherwise PLD would be screaming "0 atk?? That's just like mine! NERF!" Same with perfect dodge. The point in changing it to this is that the Ninja is sacrificing themselves for the pt. It makes Mijin Gakure actually able to contribute to the pt, instead of just being a ghetto warp. And also, in reducing the ATK to 0 or the ACC to 0, the PLD's and THF's would scream nerf because it would be giving a pt-wide Perfect Dodge and/or Invincible. In sacrificing yourself, it makes their arguments a moot point because unlike their 2 hours, we would have to sacrifice ourselves for it.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75

Comment

yea like intensity said, maybe making the nin 2hr a consistant dmg.
                            ive blown up on a mob with full hp and do like 200 dmg. wtf? makes no sense. maybe it does based on a % of your max hp? or maybe have it ignore magic defense? or blow up and it also adds a burn effect?

anyhow, im off from work. time to rest for 72 hours then back to the pushing the wheel again.

Comment

Why not make a new 2hr where the nin mass enfeebles the mob with every type of enfeeble lasting until the nin is killed or the mob dies then blow up with Mijin Gakure as another Ja with its own side effects?

Comment

Working...
                              X