This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evading HNMs

Recently I've been getting into debates with NINs I know about the best way to tank various HNMs and to almost 90% I've talked to the general consensus is that evading HNMs is not very efficient and your gear should generally be +VIT.

Then I found an intresting website:
    http://rukenshin.livejournal.com/9212.html#cutid1

-Used primarily for HNMs/NMs also, and sometimes when I need to hold something for a certain amount of time.. It gives me about +114 evasion with blinding potions (always with my HNM gear) and nighttime, with +30 or so AGI.. Usually don't wear the rasetto feet though, and hands too.

Main: Wind Staff
    Sub: -
    Ranged: Ungar Boomerang
    Ammo: -
    Head: Emperor's Hairpin
    Neck: Evasion Torque
    Ear1: Bat Earring
    Ear2: Bat Earring
    Body: Scorpion Harness
    Hands: Seiryu's Kote/Rasetto Tekko
    Ring1: Mermaid Ring
    Ring2: Bomb Queen Ring
    Back: Nomad Mantle +1/Toreador Cape
    Waist: Survival Belt
    Legs: Koga Hakama/Arhat's Hakama+1
    Feet: Fuma Sune-Ate/Rasetto Sune-ate

It's fun to play with, it gives just about any mob I've tanked a considerable accuracy cut.. Even Vrtra misses pretty often when I do this, brings his accuracy to something like 60% ish. The most fun though was holding the Orc Overlord NM for 40 minutes with this setup, the biggest chain of misses stretched to 18 in a row. XD
    Evading Gods
    (Anonymous)
    2005-10-21 04:10 am UTC (link)
    With all the +Evasion gear that you have (I believe that you mentioned you hat +114) how often would you say you evade attacks from the sky gods? Byakko specifically, but I'm wondering about all 4 (-Kirin).

Thx ^^

(Reply to this) (Thread)
    Re: Evading Gods
    [info]rukenshin
    2005-10-21 04:15 am UTC (link)
    In full evasion gear if I can land blind on them I evade about 40-70% of attacks, it fluctuates a lot... Same story for the other HNMs and such.
    What about you guys? Does this hold true for other races besides Elvaan and how well does it work?
    75BLM/41RDM WHM37 61NIN/WAR37 MNK10 THF8
    Bastok: 10 Windurst: 7-1
    ZM: DONE CoP 8-1 ToAU8
    Goldsmithing: 48.7+1 Clothcraft: 83.0+1
    http://akujin.defaultalias.com

Re: Evading HNMs

with a full evasion/agi build + mambo x2 and march x2, those numbers seem about right for a taru. however, holding hate is a bit different story.

most nin go with the vit/dmg reduction build b/c they use arhats gi. then stack on the enmity also to help hold hate.
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

enimty is established by macroing it in sololy for provoke and ja. With this meathod ruke holds hate and tanks at a higher level.
      http://kofman2155.blogspot.com/

Comment

yes, macroing works also. but i find that many nin just tend to not want to do that and go for the full enmity/vit/dmg reduction rather than evasion/agi. it seems to be more solid that way.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

i never thought of going insane with my macros like he has done. but it has definately given me new direction..

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Working...
          X