Monk equip update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monk equip update

These days your only real chance of finishing Nyzul is with a static. Nobody wants to do the middle floors because you don't get anything from them except completion. So they spam the 20s floors, sometimes even when they don't have a floor 5 clear.

So convince four or five other people that this will give access to some nice WS, and decide on one or two nights a week.

The main thing you will have to learn is how to be fast in there (WHM must not sub BLM). Don't cast group buffs in the lobby, wait until the first battle to Protectra/Shellra. And while level 90 won't necessarily let you breeze through, it will help make things go a little faster.

Learn the Nyzul-specific NMs, so you can know which ones are or are not the droid you are looking for. Lamps will be a major problem until you learn how to work them; I got most of the way through before I finally started to understand how order lamps work. And free floors basically don't exist, my first one came after I cleared 100.

If you can convince a Nyzul veteran to come along with you (especially one who still needs clears), all the better.

Remember that sometimes you'll just get plain sucky floors. Don't get discouraged if you burn three or four tags and don't get a single floor. But do check which floor you are on before leaving it! During my run I had at least three runs lost because someone was too quick on the draw at the runic and either exited early or went to the next floor when we had basically won.

And I hate to say it, but certain W*nd*w*r cheats (like radar and wireframe) will make it much easier. I don't use them, so I can't say how well they work. Whatever you do, don't mention them in chat or tells! Vent ONRY! But even without it, keeping a stopwatch of some sort to know how much time you have left could be helpful.
    Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
    99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
    F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
    >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Dammit nyzul seems difficult lol, and I am sure it won't be easy to find people who still do them.
      Guess my chances are to get Tornado Kick and Final Heaven.
      I don't think I'll ever put my hands on verethragna.
      Signature, ah!

Comment

Originally posted by Kildem View Post
        Dammit nyzul seems difficult lol, and I am sure it won't be easy to find people who still do them.
        Guess my chances are to get Tornado Kick and Final Heaven.
        I don't think I'll ever put my hands on verethragna.
        I had to take the initiative, and the only other time I've had to do that so far was my 9th abyssea zone boss.

But you're not trying to find people who "still do" Nyzul, you're trying to find people who still need Nyzul.
        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
        X