Low level food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Low level food

It caps pretty low... +55 attack isn't much. If you really want a huge attack boost, it's all about the curry
    Uh, you need to check your numbers and your priorities, because +40 Accuracy > +25 Attack any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      Uh, you need to check your numbers and your priorities, because +40 Accuracy > +25 Attack any day of the week.
      It actually depends on your gear. You can only be so accurate no matter what you are fighting (90% I believe), and if your character is geard for accuracy, you will want to grab the added attack food for more damage. You can only hit so many times out of X attacks. So having a higher attack if you are geard for accuracy, will give you more damage output.

But then if you are geard for attack, then you should be eating accuracy bosting food. So... Depending on how you are geard, depends on teh food you should eat.

Comment

Two problems with that.

One-handed DDs won't hit the hit rate cap in a normal EXP party (this excludes Merits) without external buffs (BRD or COR.) Not sure about 2-handers, but I doubt it. Even if you do, you can "sacrifice" Accuracy equipment in favor of Attack/STR and Haste (e.g. Byrnie instead of Haubie, not that I expect anyone to actually own a Byrnie) to compensate. The fact that you get more Acc than the Attack you give up already makes that a favorable option. Alternatively you could pass up on a BRD's Acc song for another Attack song or Haste song.

Comment

Well. I have a Drk lvl 35 atm. I have a total of +9 dex and use Dhamel Steaks. I was hitting hard, but missing just a little more than if I where to use a Sushi food. But, when the timer ran out, some one gave me some Shushi, mainly because thats all they had. It didn't affect my attack at all, but I was hitting more often, but for less, but it increased my Tp gain though.

As I was using the Steak I was hitting for about... 25 more damage than the Shushi. But with the Shushi, i was hitting it more, but was dealing less damage per hit. (I don't use a windower, so I don't know my total acc. Wish SE would make one so we can test and stuff, but I doubt it.) And with the Sushi, I was gaining more Tp per fight.

For me though. It is situational. Depending on what you are fighting, depends on the food you should use. I will only use ACC food, if I know I can't hit the monster, but if I can hit it, I want to deal as much damage as possible, so I use a steak.

Comment

At lower levels for ACC i suggest Jack-o-lanterns. The only reason is that is is a set +10 acc no percentage so it is good for those that have less the optimal acc even at cap. For instance on promy runs with a dancer jack-os made alot of difference wen hitting for tp. Jack-os are not stackable but I usually take two with me as well as my standard emergency hi pot antidotes and random milks and that gets me all the way to citadel. I am not a fan off carry only one food though specially with level syncs. I carry atk and acc food and now that taco prices are dropping a bit I might grab a stack of those too. But word to the wise don't pop the food unless your sure it will be useful. I usually test the waters 2-3 mobs before poping a food or even an xp ring for that matter.

Comment

For me though. It is situational. Depending on what you are fighting, depends on the food you should use. I will only use ACC food, if I know I can't hit the monster, but if I can hit it, I want to deal as much damage as possible, so I use a steak.
              Can and can't hit are subjective terms, especially when you're eyeballing. Eyeballing fails, always, forever. But I can guarantee that at your level, you can't hit things. Ideally you want at least 85% hit rate before you can start improving other areas, and at low levels there just isn't enough Accuracy gear or effective food to reach that amount.

You can already find your total Acc, it's been known for a long time.
              Weapon Skill + DEX * 0.5 (0.75 for two-handers) + Traits, Equipment, Etc.
              If your Weapon Skill is over 200, then
              200 + (Weapon Skill - 200) * 0.9 + DEX * 0.5 or 0.75 + Everything else

E.g. A Lv.35 Hume DRK/WAR with +8 DEX and capped GS/Scythe skill has
              108 + 44*0.75 + Equipment = 141 Acc + Equipment

Jackos are bad, at really low levels Rice Dumplings will beat them (+20% Attack, +5 Accuracy), by Lv.15 Marinara Pizza is already doing the same thing as the dumplings, and by Lv.25 Marinara Pizza will already start giving as much Acc as the lanterns.
              Last edited by Armando; 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

If I'm zerging an HNM and we have multiple THF with Feint, I'm going with the curry. Shit is situational, we all know that.Furthermore it is possible to cap on Accuracy (at least at bird camp, with mamool ja staging point I'd use pizza for sure) from just gear and abilities, especially for 2 handers.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  If I'm zerging an HNM and we have multiple THF with Feint, < snipe >
                  The thread is titled "Low level food".

Marinara Pizza Lv.40+ (unless fighting Colibri--switch to Crab Sushi), Meat Jerky below Lv.20, and probably Meat Mithkabob or Dhalmel Steak in between would be the cost effective choices for a MNK in exp parties.

Can probably use the pizza as early as Lv.35 depending on gear.
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                    The thread is titled "Low level food".

And Armando and I were having an argument over meat vs pizza. My point was there are foods that give more attack than pizza if/when accuracy isn't an issue. At no point did I say the pizza was bad, or that I wouldn't use it while leveling. Nor did I say you should use meat over pizza, because the bonus to both acc and attack are substantial making it great food. All said was if you strictly want more attack, there are better foods for that. Why are you trying to pick a fight when my intent was just to point out there's stronger attack foods if your accuracy is fine (I'd still recommend the pizza though)
                    sigpic

Comment

I specified non-merit situations, so bringing those up is...unnecessary and besides the point.

Obviously you will always find a situation where you don't need the Accuracy at all. This situation does not occur before 75, which is what was actually relevant to the OP, so bringing HNMs and merit parties into it is pointless.

Comment

Yarly.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X