WS/Skill chain Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS/Skill chain Questions

Alright so I ordered this game a couple days ago, it should be here tuesday, yesterday I decided to make a PLD/WAR and tank because its something im slightly fond of, however I learned that the perma party that I'm gonna be starting up with has two tanks, so I am using what I had already been contemplating doing over the tank in the first place. A sexy Elvaan Monk. So now that I've learned all about hate control yesterday, I get to learn all about Skill chains. I've read some guides and taken a look at some charts. So these are may main questions.

1. Around what level do you get Shoulder Tackle?

2. With a BLM, WHM, 2 WAR Tanks, and a monk, what kind of early game skill chains I'm looking at? I'm not 100% sure what weapons they're gonna be using but the only skill chain I see that I can participate in would be using my Combo WS in Thunder Impaction, and it appears there are no ws for the tanks to start thunder impaction so will I just not be able to Skill chain in this party till I get Shoulder Tackle?
    Found Online Made by me

Re: WS/Skill chain Questions

Firstly, in higher levels might I suggest having a PLD tank instead of a WAR.. simply for efficiency and the WARs can go all out DD.

1) MNK gets Shoulder Tackle at level 13.

2) Combo is a much better weaponskill for damage, so maybe you should let the WARs WS together while you just bust out big damage numbers.
    Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
    Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Actually, Impaction (such as Combo) is good for closing Fusion (opened with Burning Blade or Red Lotus Blade early), but people don't tend to do so much with skillchains these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
        Actually, Impaction (such as Combo) is good for closing Fusion (opened with Burning Blade or Red Lotus Blade early), but people don't tend to do so much with skillchains these days.
        I missed that one, I just assume that WAR = Great Axe.. my bad.
        Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
          Sorry for my ignorance it seems like you just gave the answer but just to be clear, Burning Blade and Red Lotus Blade are both warrior ws right? As in like maybe the off tank would use some dd gear and throw one of those ws down while I close it with a Combo than our mage bursts it? *EDIT* Ignore this retarded question, I read up and realized its dependent on the weapon that person is using -.-

Originally posted by Rothy View Post
          Firstly, in higher levels might I suggest having a PLD tank instead of a WAR.. simply for efficiency and the WARs can go all out DD.

1) MNK gets Shoulder Tackle at level 13.

2) Combo is a much better weaponskill for damage, so maybe you should let the WARs WS together while you just bust out big damage numbers.
          Oh of course I'm sure at least one of them plan to go paladin it's just most of us are just getting started which is nice because its not as big a nuisance to level sync, and I suppose it'd be possible to let the war's do that but they might lose a little focus on there hate control, and also I like the idea of feeling like I'm actually playing an important roll because I obviously wont be the main dd with a BLM around, also I don't think they all fully understand Skill Chain's only about 2 of them do So I'de just like to figure out what were gonna be using early on so I can explain it to them.
          Last edited by Wake N' Bake; 07-17-2009, 09:36 PM.
          Found Online Made by me

Comment

Did every body die? *sorry if double post is against the rules*

*Edit* also does anybody know if there's a kb limit for sigs on these forums? If there is I should probably take down one of my sigs.
            Found Online Made by me

Comment

FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

No more new threads.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

No more new threads.
                That's all well and good, but some questions can't be answered by Wiki if people have never actually played before. Makes it kinda hard to search through for the relevant information, ya know?

Comment

Several of my questions couldn't have been found on that website, especially my most recent one. Thanks for the input though.
                  Found Online Made by me

Comment

I was looking over the skill chain chart and I'm not sure if this chain will work so I've decided to ask, the reason im not sure if it will work is because thunder element doesnt have an arrow poiting straight to fire like this ----> the arrow is built pointing at both like htis <----> Does that still mean I can go from thunder to fire, such as do a Shoulder tackle from water, combo from lightning, burning blade from fire?
                    Found Online Made by me

Comment

Not sure which chart you are using, but with my chart, <--> type of arrow means that when you switch the opening and closing weaponskills around, it'll create the other skillchain.

Example: Iron Tempest(Great Axe) -> Burning Blade(Sword) is Liquefaction(Fire)
                      Burning Blade -> Iron Tempest will result in Scission(Earth)
                      Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by Empedocles View Post
                        Example: Iron Tempest(Great Axe) -> Burning Blade(Sword) is Liquefaction(Fire)
                        Burning Blade -> Iron Tempest will result in Scission(Earth)
                        Also, if he is planning on the mages doing a Magic Burst, you will want the mage to look up magic burst on the wiki. It will give them a lot of information for magic bursting.

Liqufacation will Magic burst with Fire, Burn, and any other fire based spell.
                        Scission will Magic Burst with Stone, Paralyze, and any other eart based spell.

Comment

I'll tell you one thing: At least 1 of the WARs should be spamming Shield Break.

Shield Break -> Random Liquefaction WS -> Combo works wonderfully by the way.

Also, I don't think there's a file size limit for sigs, but common sense dictates a height limit. It'd be better to have both your GIFs side by side than having them waste post space being one on top of the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                            Scission will Magic Burst with Stone, Paralyze, and any other eart based spell.
                            You mean Slow, Paralyze is ice-based.
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              You mean Slow, Paralyze is ice-based.
                              Ah Thanks for correcting me on that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X