whm woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whm woes

im back on mnk, with the available sub jobs of war, nin, thf. Also mage jobs but i dont think ill be subbing those for mnk.

currently my mnk is lvl 41 when i get to higher lvls (65+) should i take whm to 37 for mnk/whm chi blasting? do i need to take whm to 37?

im so sick of lvling subs ~.~ but if it must be done ill get it done quick.

also, im starting AF soon, was it hard for other mnks that did AF already? Thank you ^^

Re: whm woes

Mnk AF is easy if you have a high lv job, if not the lv60 legs is a bit hard unless you get alot of high lv people to help. I say its easier if you have a high lv job as you are more likely to know alot of high lvs that could help >.> Mnk at HNM arnt expected to sub /whm I dont think but unless you want your Chi Blast to be gimp compared to the other mnks that probably will have /whm youll want to lv it. My 2 cents.
    75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
    Woodworking 91.9+2
    ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Chiblasting is used on HNM. Assuming your highest level is 61, I doubt you're in an HNM shell, so you won't have to worry about that right now.

The AF quests were very...AF quest like. Garliage coffer sucks as always. The quests are either easy or hard, depends on how many people you can get to to. The MNK AF3 NM isn't too bad if you can get a job that can survive 100 fists. An avatar can do that, even.
      Generic Info!

Comment

hmmm yes my highest job is rdm61 can i solo all of the AF or most of it? i can sub nin for rdm too. If not i do have many 75 friends ^^ but i hate asking for help so much, rather do it myself

Comment

You can solo the weapon. No chance you could solo the legs. And very little chance you could solo any of the rest. Think youll need the 75 help.
          Woodworking 91.9+2

Comment

Just level every subjob you'll ever need for your main, and you won't have a problem. Peopel might whine and complain about leveling them, but they're necessary. I don't like NIN that much, it's very expensive, but I'm leveling it to sub with WHM and RDM. So far, I have /BLM, /RDM, /SMN for WHM, and I will make sure I have /BLU, /COR, /BRD, /NIN, /WAR, and /THF leveled to 37 for various reasons. Just bear the brunt, and get it done, best advice I've ever had.

Edit: Your RDM is 61, so you're gonna have to level WHM anyways. Most RDMs need to sub WHM for TP burn parties.
            Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
            90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Well, just to give you an idea of how difficult it is... It'll be about as hard as your RDM coffers were.
              Generic Info!

Comment

i planed on lvling whm for my rdm....but i find myself getting bored of rdm and looking for something new, i like DD's. i like mnk and sam, both look very cool and whatnot, but i want to merit a lot with mnk as i get high.

i just dont like rdm much, too many ppl play it and i got bored with the haste/refresh whoring. Still think its all right tho

edit: I know, my rdm coffers wasnt too bad, but im hoping that with rdm at 61 i can have less difficulty getting them than i was on rdm, since i didnt have a higher job

Comment

If you like DDing mnk is the way to go imo but also you say you get bored just refreshing/hasting, mnks a bit the same, not much to do in a fight if you get me. Still has me completely hooked though.
                  Woodworking 91.9+2

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus
                    If you like DDing mnk is the way to go imo but also you say you get bored just refreshing/hasting, mnks a bit the same, not much to do in a fight if you get me. Still has me completely hooked though.
                    The difference is with MNK there is gratification...quantification. You see numbers. Lots of big numbers. With RDM it's just..."Did Paralyze resist? Oh, wtf!" (Recast) "This time it stuck...yay..."
                    Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
                    62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
                    Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
                    Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
                    My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

thats why im hooked on mnk. Every time i use Raging Fists, i look at the chat log to see if i beat my record of 416. I like it more than RDM so far, cant wait when i get at the lvls where the RDM start hasting me XD

Comment

RDM haste monks...? Does not compute.
                        Generic Info!

Comment

i hasted all melee while i was on rdm o.o;;;

Comment

It's just a joke on how frequently I've seen haste on my MNK. :x
                            Generic Info!

Comment

rofl i hate bad RDM ><

i make a pattern with refresh and haste and never let it fall ^^

oh well.... time to go get my MNK AF weapon then i guess, should be easy

Comment

Working...
                              X