mnk endgame sub question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnk endgame sub question

im not too far in mnk and i like it a lot, just hit 29 today. I bought a O Kote, and i have enought for a jujisu gi and a brown belt, if not then back to farming T_T

i was wondering about endgame subs. i have war lvled to 37 and i believe that is the best sub for mnk.

i hear many sub nin for mnk but...i despise nin..i hate it....its not my style at all

part of the reason i choose mnk is cause i had war to 37 and didnt have to lvl nin, like i would have to continue war, or thf.

honestly...being required to lvl nin may just make me say screw it to mnk and do pld, or mnk in general. can i have some advice or opinions on endgame mnk sub? i do not want to lvl nin and i dont really think its right since i do pay monthly to play. any help would be much appreciated thank you ^^

Re: mnk endgame sub question

Like /war, /nin is entirely situational. You can get to 75 without /nin, and I don't see any mnk/nin in my dynamis group either. I can't speak for gods/wyrms/hnms, though.

Comment

Was is perfectly acceptable for a monk from what I've seen. The ninja offers enfeebles (Handy, but if you have a whm or rdm wasted), blink (ok this is nice), and the ability to use 2 weapons (not a big bonus with normal monk weapons). I'm leaving out some things, but those are the main 3 I'm aware of.
      Warrior should provide better potential (Berserk for damage, defender when being pounded on) than ninja. I suppose you could also sub Samuri for the extra tp build, but monks usually do ok in that department already.
      Thf is always nice for treasure hunter and sneak attack, but lower strength and vitality.
      Currently ninja is the flavor of the year eventually the craze of nin sub for everything will evaporate to be replaced with whats good for the job.
      everyone will find a new job you have to have subbed for everything and then another.
      Really it depends on the party probably a band of monks with a whm or rdm at endgame.
      Sorry about my longwindedness, but my point is if war makes you happier use war its hardly a bad sub.

Comment

/NIN is recommended for dynamis, usually. Due to all the AoE's and lagged cures (plus it makes it less stressful on the WHM's). And for soloing/duoing difficult things. I also believe it gets some use while exping on mamool, since they can really hurt a MNK. You can easily hit 75MNK without NIN even unlocked, if you really want to.

In general it seems to be this for endgame event subs: Gods, /WHM (chi blast) or maaaaybe /THF (300% full swing). Wyrms, /WAR (add party) or /THF.

I've only had to sub ninja on my monk once, and that was for CoP mission 6-4.
        Generic Info!

Comment

Unfortunately even PLD you will need /nin too at end game. Altho it's situational.

HNM
          For Mnk you'll be using /Whm. You'll boost MND for Boostx16 Chi Blast. Which can deals upward 1k damage. You'll dealing damage comparable to Blm here.
          For PLD, /War for normal HNM/Gods. /Nin for Grand Dragons like Jormy. Not every LS can do grand dragons so you might not have to worry about /nin too much.

Merrits.
          Here's the thing. In a merit PT you want to kill as many as you can with as little downtime as possible. Cutting the MP usage is really a huge factor for a successful merit PT. And Utsusemi is what will make that happen.
          Not only Mnk/nin is prefered here, even PLD are prefered to use /nin too.

Of course you can stick to War if you want but you really are making things harder for everyone. This is for every DD too. Sam/nin, War/nin, Mnk/nin, Rng/nin, Drg/nin and so on. While /war can deal more damage, damage is usually not a problem in merit PT because you're only chaining VT and low IT, plus your merit will help with damage even further.

Anyway, give nin a try. It's a fun job. If you really is determine not to level Nin at all IMO the only job that will never need /nin are Blm and summoner. Yea even Rdm Whm and Brd will benefit from /nin too.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Boostx12, but who's counting?
            Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
            62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
            Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
            Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
            My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

I've heard of linkshells making all melees and non-RDM mages sub ninja for dynamis lord, so they can survive more than one or two AoEs.
              Generic Info!

Comment

its just sad that so many of the things i want to do are linked with nin. i have seriously thought of playing nin...i cant i just do not like it at all. i love FFXI but i dont want to use nin. the jobs i really like is rdm, blm, mnk, pld, and drk. I also wan to take up brd maybe sometime but i dont want to do nin at all and i would like to do merits down the line.... /sigh

Comment

/NIN is needed when you want to avoid being hit, mainly by an AoE.

When does it appears ?

Dynamis, sky weapons parties or KRT parties mainly. But now, ToA offers others area to merits ...

Or just when you want so solo some stuff.

I feel your pain concerning /NIN, I dont like it much myself but it will really add to your potential even if you can hit 75 as /WAR without any troubles.

Comment

I completely understand how you feel, but consider it a little bitter pill to swallow and get it down and out of the way.
                    I hated NIN and THF as main jobs, but I just took a few weeks of hardcore partying and got each up to 37. The thing is, you never know what job will interest you next and also, what sub is appropriate for each situation.
                    Now I come to find out that the DD crazy person that I am will eventually have to level WHM to 37 for Chi Blasting in end games. That alone makes my stomach churn.

Just get it out of the way and level the other subs now. Monk is such a terrific job, my favorite thus far, and you'll be happy you can bring more versatality to each setting you are invited into. Chances are, 95% of your partying will be with /WAR...but it's always good to get the other subs done and out of the way in case. You really don't want to be excluded joining an event for one missing sub they're looking for, and you know, it could happen with some folks.

In fact, just an FYI---I hate playing NIN as a main, but as a sub, it's really awesome to have that extra protection of shadows when you need it. Trust me....Do it!
                    SAM 75/ MNK 67/ RNG 66 / DRK 50/ WAR 43/ THF 37 / NIN 37
                    Cooking 100 + 2 Fishing 95

Comment

Working...
                    X