AF Weapon:
    Beat Cesti
    Summary: Kill NM in Gusgen Mines.
    Starting Zone: Bastok Port
    Starting NPC: Oggbi [E-6]
    Requirements: Level40
    Party Size: Two Exp Parties@Level 45 Tank, Healer, Attacker@Level 55

Gusgen Mines:

1.Buy a few pickaxe's from Boytz in Bastok Mines(H7) for about 200g each.
    2.Go to Gusgen Mines. You start at H10 on the top right map.
    3.Go to H6 and take door A. Make your way to E6 and head down and when you come to a dead end there will be a ???. Use the pickaxe on the ??? to pop the boss. It's not the ??? behind the shed.
    4.The NM drops a Miner's Pendant, take it back to Oggbi.

Boss: Wandering Ghost
    HP:About 6000

The First Meeting

AF Armor
    : Temple Gaiters
    Summary: Go to Fei'yin. Then grab a book guarded by two NM in Davoi.
    Starting Zone: Bastok Port
    Starting NPC: Oggbi [E-6]
    Min Level: Level 50 and AF Weapon
    Party Size: Fei'yin: 6@Level 50 - Davoi: Solo@Level 1

1. Go to Fei'Yin
    Maps:
    Ranguemont Pass > Beaucendine Glacier

2. Enter the Qu'Bia Arena in Fei'Yin
    Maps:
    Fei'yin

3. Blank
    Maps:
    Davoi

True Strength

AF Armor:
    Temple Hose
    Summary: NM in Castle Oztroja
    Starting Zone: Bastok Metalworks
    Starting NPC: Ayame [K-7]
    Min Level: Level 50 and AF Weapon & Feet
    Party Size:

1. Go to Castle Oztroia and trade a Yagudo Drink to the ??? on floor 4 at H-8 to spawn Huu Zalmo the Savage.
    Maps: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Boss Tips:
    ????

2. Return the dropped Xalmo Feather to the quest giver Ayame for your AF Pants.

Borghertz's Striking Hands

AF Armor: - Temple Gloves
    Summary: Crawler's Nest Coffer. Kill NM at Castle Zvahl Baileys.
    Starting Zone: Jeuno Upper
    Starting NPC: Guslam [H-8]
    Min Level: Level 50 and AF Weapon
    Party: Key: Exp Party@Level 55 - Coffer: Solo@Level 1 - NM: Exp Party@Level 55

Getting the Key: Difficulty 2/5
    Who: Helm Beetle
    Directions: Enter the Nest at M8(Map1) and head to J10(Map1) and make your way down.Then head from J6(Map3)to F9(Map3).
    Maps: 1 | 2
    Fighting: Helm Beetles from just north of the camp. And a few crawlers from the east if all the beetles are dead.

Finding the Coffer: Difficulty 1/5
    Place:

1. Go talk to Guslam once you get "some old gauntlets" key item from the coffer. He says he can't repair your gloves.

2. Go talk to Yin Pocanakhu in the Tenshodo Shop in Lower Jeuno and pay her 1000gil to have her tell you where a tool box is.

3. Now go find the tool box on a crate outside of the Duty-Free Shop in Port Jeuno. Borghertz will tell you to go to Castle Baileys and bring him some shadow flames.

4. Make your way to Castle Bailey.
    Maps: Xarcabard

5. Click the torch at G-8 to spawn Dark Spark.
    Maps: Castle Baileys

Boss Tips: BLANK

6. Quickly touch the torch once Dark Spark is dead to get the shadow flames.

7. Return the shadow flames to the ??? outside of the Duty-Free at Port Jeuno to recieve your Temple Gloves.

Coffer Quest 1
    AF Armor: Temple Crown
    Summary: Garlaige Coffer
    Min Level: 50 and AF Weapon
    Party: Key: Exp Party@Level 57 - Coffer: 4@Level 1

Getting the Key: Difficulty 3/5
    Who: Fallen Mage, Fallen Major
    Where: Basement at G8. Camp near the right tunnel.
    Directions: Enter Garlaige at G6(Map1) and head to G7, drop down the hole to Basement and run south to the camp. You should sneak the hole way.
    Fighting: Pull all the Mages and Major in both tunnels
    Notes: Also you might want to ask level 57-62 Beastmasters that are exping off Hellmine for the key if it drops. Most will do it for free, but it would be a good gesture to give them some pet food or pet jugs for their time.

Finding the Coffer: Difficulty 4/5
    Place: Past Gate 3 on Map 2
    Directions:
    Notes: You Need atleast three people helping you. Stay by the zone to Sauromugue Champaign and every 10mins run to the three near by coffers and then back to the stairs by the zone. You will need to be sneaked, so bring items or a whm/rdm sub. If you get argo just zone to Sauromugue Champaign and back into Garlaige after a few minutes when it is clear.

Coffer Quest 2
    AF Amor: Temple Cyclas
    Summary: Beadeaux Coffer
    Min Level: 50 and AF Weapon
    Party: Key: 12@Level 60 6@Level 70 - Coffer: Solo@Level 1

Getting the Key: Difficulty 5/5
    Who: Ancient Quadav, Darksteel Quadav, Platinum Quadav, Sapphire Quadav
    Where: Map 3 at M7
    Directions:
    Fighting: Pull from all four rooms. This one can take forever to get so bring as many people as you can. It is also a popular skillup party place so see if you can be invited to one of those.

Finding the Coffer: Difficulty 4/5
    Place:
    Directions:

Attached Files
    Last edited by Freyr; 05-05-2006, 09:16 PM. Reason: Adding more stuff
    Freyr - Not Started

Websites: FFXI Atlas | FFXI Wiki
    sigpic

Re: Artifact Armor Guide by Freyr

Great post, rate up's ^^ ...oh wait, no alla...

Just thought I'd add a tip for getting Temple cyclas. The four doors, (M-7), is a good place for skill-up parties. Search the area to see if there is already a party there oyu can join for your coffer, or just start a skill-up party.
    That's how I got mine, took ~30 minutes after joing a party shouting in Jeuno.

Comment

Originally posted by Celenios
      Great post, rate up's ^^ ...oh wait, no alla...

Just thought I'd add a tip for getting Temple cyclas. The four doors, (M-7), is a good place for skill-up parties. Search the area to see if there is already a party there oyu can join for your coffer, or just start a skill-up party.
      That's how I got mine, took ~30 minutes after joing a party shouting in Jeuno.
      Thank I'm tring to make everything flow correctly so it will take me a while to complete. If you see any errors or things I should add, shout them out.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Freyr; 05-05-2006, 04:34 PM. Reason: Needed Image room >.<
      Freyr - Not Started

sigpic

Comment

As far as I can recall, our AF2 quest for the Temple Gaiters is still soloable; that is, SE didn't patch the behavior of the "Hide Flap" once the two NM orcs have despawned. Before I go on, some people consider this method of soloing "cheap" or "unfair", but IMO Monk has it hard enough in the 50's. Why make it harder?

Start by activating the quest in San d'Oria and getting your cutscene in Fei'Yin by going to the BC there (level 50 Monks should be familiar with the Arena there as it's where Mission 5-1 takes place against the Archmage). Once you have your cutscene, warp out and get ready to head to Davoi. The key is this: change your job to something low level, preferably THF or PLD as they both have "invincible" 2-hours. Bring oils and powders, as well as a reraise scroll.

Once you're in Davoi pop an oil and powder. Orcs aggro sight, and I believe Davoi Hornets aggro sound. In or about F-6 is where you'll find a bunch of tents, and one of them has a targetable "Hide Flap". Find a safe area to drop invis, and pop your reraise item. Reinvis/sneak and head to the "Hide Flap". Wait until no orcs are looking you're way, pop your 2-hour (either Perfect Dodge or Invincible) and click on the "Hide Flap".

This will spawn the 2 NM orcs. Run to the safe spot you were at when you popped your reraise item. Hopefully the NM orc PLD won't Banish you or something, as it will most likely kill you. Once you're at your safe spot, let them kill you. They will wander back to their spawn locations, and in a couple of minutes will despawn all together.

Reraise yourself, reinvis/sneak, and now do another search for the "Hide Flap", as it has moved from it's original location. Again, once you find it, make sure no orcs or hornets are around, drop invis and click on the "Hide Flap". After a second or two you'll obtain the San d'Orian Martial Arts Book, and you're free to either death warp or walk on out of Davoi, back to San d'Oria to complete the quest and get your Temple Gaiters.

Comment

Finally got all my AF - how long can I wear it without being laughed at? Seems like pretty good stuff.
          To die by the sword...hurts like hell!

Comment

eisenzahn
            Thanks, I use a abridged version of your post for my guide. Good Stuff.

Ticks
            This is the stuff that at your level that is best you can get. To be 100% honest all are AF but the chest/hand gear is not good for our main goal, to do damage.

Beat Cesti - Never Good >.<
            Temple Gaiters - kick gear(Kung Fu Shoes, Wulong Shoes, Dune Boots)
            Temple Gloves - Ochiudo's Kote
            Temple Crown - Voyager Sallet
            Temple Cyclas - Scorpion Harness
            Temple Hose -
            Republic Subligar

The chest piece we get is nice, it should be one of the last piece to be replaced with something better. Kote>Kick>Harness>sallet>Subligar. Please note i'm not taking into account other slots in this post, just whats better for the slots our AF gear takes up.

The Sallet(Rare/EX) and the Harness(Price) will probily be hard to get, so don't worry to much. The harness in most cases is not a big enough upgrade to be worth spending the gil on.

The Kote you should try to get if you can it's one of the best items for the hand slot period even for a long time at level 75.

Republic Subligar is good from the 20s all the way into the 70s, which is kind of sad. Female vharacters don't look to bad in them, if you got a male character give a try but odds are you'll want to poke your eyes out after a while.

Kick Gear is the best thing for our feet slot period, You should try to get some friend together to get them as you level up. Trust me you'll like them, their sweet.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Freyr; 05-05-2006, 08:56 PM. Reason: Needed Image room >.<
            Freyr - Not Started

sigpic

Comment

I'm working on maps at the moment, if you all can check me if you can, that would help me a lot. Got three done and going to do a few aday when I have time.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Freyr; 05-05-2006, 08:52 PM.
              Freyr - Not Started

sigpic

Comment

A level 75 SMN's avatar can tank the AF3 yagudo up to and past 100 fists. Although I don't think a SMN could solo this NM without help.

On feet gear... I personally prefer federation kyahan and their +4 attack. Kicks don't seem to happen enough for me to worry about adding the equvilant of a +10 damage weapon to them. With wu long shoes (+20, and their HQ at +25) I can see it as being possibly worth it (if you can justify 6m for a similar DoT increase to something that costs about 100k). Dune boots (+30) though...those win. >_>a

Correct me on the kick damage bonuses on the boots if I'm wrong. I was told the numbers and I honestly have no idea of how to test them out to be sure.
                Generic Info!

Comment

what about melee gaiters?
                  Monk 75
                  AlexanderServer
                  Wm 6-1 Pm 5-3 Zm 14 Am 18
                  alchemy

Comment

Melee Gaiters are AF2 Dynamis drops... where as this thread is simply talking about AF1.... Melee Gaiters however is arguably the best MNK Feet gear in the game.
                    ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

Working...
                    X