X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNK Dmg

Ok I just started lving MNK for fun.

I was using food, cassie earring, and I have +2 str merit.
    @ lv 7 I had +42 base attack which was hitting Tough mob for 17~19 per punch.

My Brd friend came to pwrlv me. she invited me to her pt and sing 2 minuets and would disband and such.
    I checked my Attack and it was @135. so I was thinking I was gonna do at least 50 per hit on tough mob @ my lv.....but it was still 17~19 per hit....

so wtf? I cant see the difference between 42 attack and 135 attack as mnk? if I was any other melee, I would triple the dmg...but mnk I hit the same no matter how much att++ I have..

how do you increase dmg on mnk?

damage calculation is a complex one.... 1 attack power doesn't mean 1 more damage. I don't know the math behind it probably someone will be able to spot you on it.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Attack doesn't translate strait to damage.

Your maximum potential damage per hit is set by your STR and weapon DMG.

Attack only raises your AVERAGE hit, bringing it closer to your potential. If your damage is already close to capping, attack won't raise your actual damage by much.

A job like DRK or Warrior (greataxe) has lots of STR and a very high weapon damage rating, so attack is very useful since the difference between average attack and maximum is quite a bit...

But with a low damage weapon, the difference between the average and the maximum is less, so Attack won't give as much of a return in actual damage.
      Mikeb Hume - 48 BST / 23 WHM / 29 WAR / 37 MNK

Comment

Re: MNK Dmg

Originally posted by Noobed
        Ok I just started lving MNK for fun.

I was using food, cassie earring, and I have +2 str merit.
        @ lv 7 I had +42 base attack which was hitting Tough mob for 17~19 per punch.

My Brd friend came to pwrlv me. she invited me to her pt and sing 2 minuets and would disband and such.
        I checked my Attack and it was @135. so I was thinking I was gonna do at least 50 per hit on tough mob @ my lv.....but it was still 17~19 per hit....

so wtf? I cant see the difference between 42 attack and 135 attack as mnk? if I was any other melee, I would triple the dmg...but mnk I hit the same no matter how much att++ I have..

how do you increase dmg on mnk?
        50 a hit at about 300 deley...yeah you wouldnt be over powerd at lvl 7 or anything let alone any lvl...

Comment

Based on most popular monk beliefs... you can only increase attack by so much before adding more attack becomes useless. Yes as suggested earlier damage caps are mainly affected by Weapon DMG, Skill and your STR.
          Ashok - Hume Male
          MNK69/WAR34
          Server: Sylph
          http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?43957

Comment

I think its because unlike RNG MNKs damaged is capped at certain levels so even if you had 500 attack and are lvl 7 you wouldnt be doing a big difference in damage. Your weapons DMG isnt very high either.
            Last edited by Tipsy; 07-04-2005, 01:36 PM.
            In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
            And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
            Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
            Yeah, It’s true.
            It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Have your brd friend give you +str etudes. You will see much better results. Like the others say, your atk output is capped for that lvl.
              Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Working...
              X