Back in Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in Action

First off I would like to start by saying Hello to everyone.

I have been gone for about a year. I used to primarily play my BLU(60). Since my return I have decided to play DRG. Started at 40 now currently at 52.

I mainly duo with my RDM/WHM(51) Tarutaru healer. I have been doing FoV and I was subbing Sam up until 52. The first question I have is if i should switch to /War now that I would get double attack, or does Hasso+Zashin+StoreTP > Double Attack? I havent ever really needed to voke off the RDM as he mainly enfeebles and tosses light cures, my DPS has been more then enough to maintain hate.

I notice that the next FoV that looks like its worth doing would be Xarcabard but I have never really liked undead / evil eyes / that kinda crap. Is there a better place to duo at that level?

I have done some level sync parties since ive been back and they are quite nice if not abused (as your skills would be far under your real level). I just tend to miss my higher level abilities like High Jump and Super Jump etc. I am very much enjoying DRG and am planning to /RDM at 60 so that my RDM Duo can go more offensive.

Mainly I just wanted to see what you all think and what has changed since ive been gone. Am I on the right track, or do I need to make some adjustments? Oh and at 52 I am sitting at 1028 HP(Elvaan), is that a bit low or about right?

Anyways, Hello to everyone. I'm glad to be back playing again and hope to have some good times in the future.

Re: Back in Action

Hey man welcome back, even though I haven't played in 3 years. It's good to see you back amongst us at FFXIO.com

I can't answer your question though. I have no idea what the hell is good for RDM lol.
    A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Dyft View Post
      I mainly duo with my RDM/WHM(51) Tarutaru healer. I have been doing FoV and I was subbing Sam up until 52. The first question I have is if i should switch to /War now that I would get double attack, or does Hasso+Zashin+StoreTP > Double Attack? I havent ever really needed to voke off the RDM as he mainly enfeebles and tosses light cures, my DPS has been more then enough to maintain hate.
      I'd take Hasso over Double Attack, especially since you've a RDM to Haste you. However, if you're mostly fighting weak monsters, Berserk may be usable, which may give the /WAR the advantage. As for sTP, the question is can switching to /SAM shave off one hit to 100% TP or not?

If fighting tougher monsters, I would think /BLU would be better for Cocoon, Head Butt, and multiple spells to activate Healing Breath.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I used /rdm for the longest time. I switched to /blu when it came out. \

Also I think /sam is probably better. Berserk is great if you aren't tanking. Since you in a duo, the -def probably isn't the best.

When you get to be around 62 or 63 you can solo Colibri outside of Whitegate. Of course with a duo its much easier but they really pose no threat besides pecking fury. No AOE's is a good thing for a drg always.
        Thanks Kazuki.
        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Thanks all for the advice. I was kinda thinking that /Sam would win out over /War in this situation. I have used /Blu and enjoy it very much. I just want to try and wait tell 60 before I get too much into the HB Wyvern as the 50% is much more manageable then 33% for me hehe. I absolutely love Zanshin as well.

I did stumble upon another question though... Volans greaves vs AF Feet. Which is better for jumps? they both enhance jumps in one way or another. The Volans has the jump accuracy +4 and the af feet has the "enhances jumps" is there a clear cut winner at which should be macros into jumps? or is it somewhat debated?

Comment

I think Volan's will win. You gotta hit something to do damage. I am not 100% that we know exactly what af feet do. I think its just a damage increase. Its seems to be 10% increase.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
              I think Volan's will win. You gotta hit something to do damage. I am not 100% that we know exactly what af feet do. I think its just a damage increase. Its seems to be 10% increase.

Aye according to allakhazam's and ffxionline they both say its a 10% attack bonus. I agree about hitting something to do damage but i do use a lot of +accuracy gear as well as accuracy food. That's kinda why i was asking. I mean i figure a lot of us drgs use a lot of +accuracy.

Speaking of which on that topic.

I have 2 woodsmans rings and one of those new +4 accuracy Store TP level 49 rings... name starts with an E i think? is it better to use 1 of each (the store tp one is rare) or to use 2 woodsmans?

Comment

Yeah I remember what ring you have, just don't wanna butcher the spelling. If you have a lot of +Store TP gear then stick with the ring if not 2 woodsman ring is just fine. If you can manage to get your hands on a Peacock Charm then stick that on your neck that way you will have +20 ACC already. If you have Rajas Ring, then full time that as well, that will put you at +23 ACC with some +DEX on the side.

Assault Earring is also good because of the +2 ACC it gives (or was it 5 I forgot) but either way you will have +25 Acc so you can stack ATK gear on the rest of your slots for your Penta Damage.

The STR + DEX modifiers for penta only really work if your attack is already pretty damn high, if not then don't bother with trying to stack str and dex. Having at least +25 ACC is good enough to land a decent penta damage on a variety of mobs, and if you have a bard or cor in your party then just sit back and watch in awe as your damage becomes ungodly (3k+ Penta on Greater Colibri numerous times) hell if your lucky you will get that one crit penta and completely one shot a full HP Greater Colibri (believe me I've seen it several times although I've never done it, this DRG was sporting 700+ atk). It all comes down to your gear.

OR

You can do what I did at one point and made a macro slot for ACC and have +60 Accuracy lol..
                sigpic
                ~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

Comment

Well, Ive been massacring anything and everything. I am now 57 on Drg. I can put on my scorp harness now for some more accuracy. I will probably do that when i get home tonight. I have my pole grip waiting for me for 60 as well as the impairs evasion polearm(forget the name mezsomethingorother?) Anyhow, just gotta make it through work today and I can get back to DRG awesomeness.

Comment

Working...
                  X