Problems starting the DRG flag quest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems starting the DRG flag quest?

I talked to the two NPCs in Cargo Room A. All they will do is talk about delivering goods or something, then look at me and shoo me off. I figured since the guide I read says the quest doesn't actually start until you talk to the guy in the cathedral, maybe they were supposed to say that. I dunno. So I went to Chateau d'Oraguille and went down to the dungeon, and found the right NPC. He pretty much completely disregarded me, only telling me to go away. Working on the same logic as last time, I went to the cathedral and found the right guy, thinking I would finally get a cutscene. He simply tells me what he does for a living and returns to his reading.

I'm Rank 2 in San d'Oria and level 30. What's wrong?

Re: Problems starting the DRG flag quest?

Copied from The Holy Crest - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Walkthrough

Go to Cargo Room A in Port San d'Oria and talk to Ceraulian

Then go to Bostaunieux Oubliette (beneath Chateau d'Oraguille) and talk to Novalmauge.

Go to the Manuscript room in the Cathedral in Northern San d'Oria, It will be on the left as soon as you enter the cathedral. Talk to Morjean (Oiheaurese will appear during the cutscene and ask you to bring back an egg).

Buy a pickaxe and head for the Maze of Shakhrami. In order to locate the Maze of Shakhrami, you need to go to Tahrongi Canyon and follow the map to the Northeast corner until you find the hidden entrance (K-5). Once inside, look for the excavation point at E-7, F-7, G-7, I-8, I-10, K-7 or L-8 (on the first floor) and start excavating until you find a Wyvern Egg.

Return to Morjean, and receive a cutscene where Yachemidot asks you to take the Wyvern Egg to Meriphataud Mountains.

On the eastern edge of Drogaroga's Spine at K-8 is a ???. Trade the Wyvern Egg to the ??? for a cutscene.

Return to the Chateau d'Oraguille and talk to Rahal, who is in the Royal Knight's Quarters (on the left as you enter the Chateau). Rahal will then give you the Dragon Curse Remedy (key item).

Travel to the hut at F-10 in Ghelsba Outpost. When ready, open the door and spawn Cyranuce M Cutauleon.

Defeat Cyranuce M Cutauleon to complete the quest. Job Dragoon may take a few minutes to appear on your menu.

Notes

You will need to be able to get into the Chateau d'Oraguille, and therefore must be Rank 2 if you are from San d'Oria, or at least started the 2-3 Mission in Windurst or Bastok

To assist with the Cyranuce fight, additional party members must either have the quest active, or have completed it.

You do not lose TP when entering the battlefield, so kill off the Orcs surrounding the hut in the immediate area first to build up as much TP as you like, then blast Cyranuce right off the bat upon entering to speed up the fight. This is especially handy for any Dancer's looking to do this quest, as you can go into the battle with full TP.

If following this guide doesn't help, then try logging out and then back in. Sometimes its something really simple like not being on your level 30 job or doing a step out of order and sometimes the game just glitches.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Turns out I just didn't have RotZ registered for some reason. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by l3455 View Post
        Turns out I just didn't have RotZ registered for some reason.
        REMEMBER KIDS: Registering your expansions helps yourself, helps the community, and helps the little orphaned kids down the block that don't have it as good as you.

Oh, and it lets you access Advanced Jobs that aren't Paladin, Dark Knight, Bard, Ranger, and Beastmaster.

And Avatars past Carbuncle for Summoners.

Last edited by LilithAngel; 12-09-2008, 03:30 PM. Reason: Of course, by not registering, you're missing out on a lot more than just another 8 jobs...

Comment

Working...
        X