Quick Empathy Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Empathy Question

I decided to merit empathy, mostly in an attempt to keep my wyvern alive alittle longer in Einherjar. Eventually I'll want level 2 Empathy, so I can transfer Protect and Shell.

Until then, its my Empathy is level 1 and I want to try to get as much out of it as I can. The wording is that it transfers 1 beneficial buff right now. So lets say I get shell, then use spirit link to transfer it to my wyvern. Afterwards, I get protect, and use spirit link again as soon as its up. Does this add protect to the wyvern in addition to the shell, or is shell overwritten.

I guess what I am asking is, does it transfer one effect at a time, or one effect maximum?
    Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
    Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
    Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
    Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
    Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
    Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
    ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
    WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Re: Quick Empathy Question

1 effect maximum for level 1. From my understanding the protect would overwrite your previous shell.
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

I'm not a DRG but I'm fairly sure you can have more than 1 buff on the Wyvern, just that with Empathy Lv.1 you'd only be able to move 1 at a time. However, according to the Wiki buffs are applied from left to right and they're reapplied even if the Wyvern already has it, so if you have Protect/Shell you'd need to cancel Protect to pass Shell to the Wyvern (assuming you have Lv.1 Empathy.)

Comment

Armando,

This is pretty much the scenario I was envisioning. Since buffs, from left to right, will always be listed (Protect) (Shell), I was thinking about the following timeline:

Apply Shell -> Spirit Link -> Apply Protect -> Spirit Link (when timer is ready)

This should transfer Shell, then Protect, to the wyvern. Whether or not the second buff replaces the first is the question. As I read the in-game description I think I am simply limited to one transfer at a time, not one buff at a time. That being said I don't trust the description and wasn't sure if someone had first hand knowledge.
        Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
        Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
        Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
        Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
        Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
        Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
        ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
        WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

Working...
        X