Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats on the new relic lance

Ryunohige - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Also there is something in the wiki forums that has the video of the ws. It looks pretty nuts. I also think the info for the rdm sword and whm club is out.
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Re: Stats on the new relic lance

Wow... this + the Murgleis = win. Well at least the effort it takes to get these things is actually worth it this time around! (not to knock the actual good relics like Gjallar and Aegis )

Honestly to hell with Gugnir... this is utterly insane

sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Hmm... This is the second New Relic I've seen with "Occasionally attacks twice".

What do you want to bet this ability is *instead of* the existing relics' hidden occasional hits for multiple damage? Stacking them would be utterly insane, in any case.
      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

All of them have "Occasionally attacks twice" of a sort. The gun has "Occasionally does double damage".

I'm hoping it's the Virtue Weapon type of 2x attacking that stacks with Double Attack, but it doesn't need to be.

I watched the WS video and it appears to be a 4-hit, but it might be a "fake" 4-hit like certain relic WS's.

Also, from the testing, the cool "Enhances Jump" effect apparently auto-crits your jumps which is very, very special and a good reason to go 5-points on your Jump merits.

Comment

Likewise the Vajra enhances SATA so you might start seeing THF with 5/5 SA and TA merits rather than TA and Triple.

Seriously though why even bother with Gungir now? oooh yay Shock Spikes... (the extra damage procs are nice, but they don't stack up to double attack for the TP gain)

And then there's the aftermath boost to consider...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            Likewise the Vajra enhances SATA so you might start seeing THF with 5/5 SA and TA merits rather than TA and Triple.

Seriously though why even bother with Gungir now? oooh yay Shock Spikes... (the extra damage procs are nice, but they don't stack up to double attack for the TP gain)

And then there's the aftermath boost to consider...
            Oh, I don't think it'll outdo Gungnir on DoT:

Damage code is 9 higher,
            Same Delay

Accuracy + 20 (all the time),
            Defense Down 17% (Drool),

Occasionally does 2.5x normal damage.

Geirskogul is a rather strange WS though... 1 hit, 60% AGI bonus (unusual for a DRG) with a 3x modifier at all levels of TP with Shock Spikes.

The new polearm WS will (hopefully) have 4 hits (not just fake hits that all count as one) which will be quite nice. Depending on WS mod stats, it could be the super-fantastic replacement for Impulse Drive that DRGs have been looking for. The color scheme seems to allude to it being on the Darkness side of things, too with it's "big black ball of energy" motif, so it might replace Impulse Drive in SC as well.
            Last edited by Sabaron; 07-29-2008, 04:12 AM. Reason: Scratched OAT Effect on WS

Comment

The 2.5 DMG proc is nice but IIRC does not proc too often, where as a DRG/WAR with Ryunohige, Brutal Earring and a Pole Strap will probably DA quite often giving it the edge. And again I remind you of the Aftermath boost, which SE says is highly effective at 200 and 300 TP.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                The 2.5 DMG proc is nice but IIRC does not proc too often, where as a DRG/WAR with Ryunohige, Brutal Earring and a Pole Strap will probably DA quite often giving it the edge.
                More than a DRG/WAR with Gringnir, Brutal Earring and a Pole Strap?

Two of my friends has the GS and Katana relic. The added damage from it isn't so rare it should be discounted and it very noticeable when it happens.

Comment

The 2.5 DMG proc is nice but IIRC does not proc too often, where as a DRG/WAR with Ryunohige, Brutal Earring and a Pole Strap will probably DA quite often giving it the edge.
                  You're assuming Ryunohige works like a virtue weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                    I certainly hope that it does, but I'm not holding my breath. It is also not stated what the proc rate of the OAT effect is. OATs vary from say 30-50%. While one could assume a high proc rate (e.g. 50%), for large two-handed weapons, SE may have reduced the proc rate due to balance concerns.

SE very clearly stated that the Mythic Weapons were not intended to replace the Relic Weapons as high-output items. Therefore, one would assume that they've done their math and you will probably not see Ryunohige out-damaging Gungnir. However, one could also say that since Damage is really all a Dragoon actually does.... They might make the two fairly comparable.

I'm shooting for comparable DoT with Gungnir outshining Ryunohige on WS.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                      From the testing of the RDM sword, it seems like the 'occasionally attacks twice' on the new weapons will occur pretty regularly. If that carries over to the new polearm, then it seems it could easily outperform a Gungnir. However, I wouldn't be surprised if SE adjusts the old relics later on to put them back on top.

However, if it only attacks twice during Aftermath then I'll stick with my Thallasocrat

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                        From the testing of the RDM sword, it seems like the 'occasionally attacks twice' on the new weapons will occur pretty regularly. If that carries over to the new polearm, then it seems it could easily outperform a Gungnir. However, I wouldn't be surprised if SE adjusts the old relics later on to put them back on top.

However, if it only attacks twice during Aftermath then I'll stick with my Thallasocrat
                        Really?

If the Aftermath effect lasts 30 seconds (the slowest possible kill rate of a good meripo), then you shouldn't ever have any problem with the effect not working. You could even prime it using DRG/SAM Meditate, Jump, High Jump, WS and have it operate essentially continuously.

If the OAT effect is subject to Aftermath, though, it might be a 30%/40%/50% proc rate depending on how much TP you have when you launch it. 50% OAT on a polearm is really special though and unprecendented on a weapon with that high of a damage code. All existing OAT weapons are low-damage types with the highest current one being Love Halberd with a damage code of 60. If I have time later I'll do some hypothetical calculations on damage outputs between Thallasocrat and Ryunohige and (maybe) Gungnir if I can find any concrete stats on it's 2.5x proc rate (If I can't I might just make some up). Remember, it crits all your Jumps too.

Also... I highly doubt that SE would design a long-term quest weapon like Ryunohige whose stats were worse than some NQ trash you can pick up from the AH dumpster.

Comment

I meant that in a work vs reward sense. It's still a great lance. It's also a great pain in the ass, especially considering the very capable lance I already have.

The Gungnir is the best lance around. However, it's requirements are fairly rough on the wallet and can take a ton of time.

One has to decide if the difference between the current standard (Mez/Thal) and the Gungnir is worth it for the effort. For me, it's not. This is especially true when you look at the HQ of both of those lances.

The Ryunohige has easier requirements (in my case), but DRG isn't my only job either. If the OAT effect was limited to Aftermath then I would probably look into the PLD sword. Yes, the overall DOT of the Ryunohige would be better, but the difference wouldn't be large enough to warrant the hassle imo.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

You guys misunderstand me. I meant that he's assuming that the multi-hit on the weapon will stack with Double Attack, like a Virtue Weapon, and as opposed to all other multi-hit weapons in the game.

By the way, that's also ignoring that Relic WS can do a second Lv.3 Skillchain, which the new WS may not do given that they'll be widely available. If that's so, then that's yet another pro for Gugnir.

Comment

Actually what I meant was that like with Soborro, if the multi hit doesn't proc you still have Double Attack to fall back on... I seriously doubt both effects would stack.

Gungir is definitely unsurpassed in terms of raw attack power, but it's the DoT I'm getting at (which is what really matters these days)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X