Dusk Gloves:O =^.^=

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusk Gloves:O =^.^=

Well, sold off a few +acc rings and an Astral ring and was finally able to afford the Dusk Gloves. I have yet to try them out, but I'm pretty happy with the purchase seeing how it was only 400,000 gil. Plus, whatever happens to the price, I'm happy that I got them.

The only somewhat strange thing is the sudden realization that I will not be buying anymore gear from the AH, or really spending much if any money on more gear for my Drg. From here on out it's all rare/ex drops, or time spent farming pop items like the Formor Codex.

It's an odd feeling to finally be at the point where I don't really need to farm beyond for stuff like food and whatnot, and it's a strange feeling

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Dusk Gloves:O =^.^=

Why don't you just wait a month? <.> They're going to go down in price....like a lot.

To be honest, I would sell them back right now and buy your accuracy rings back (which you need for penta-thrust anyways). You'll probably be able to buy the gloves back for a tenth of what you bought them for.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Congratulations! ^_^

I was considering picking up a pair myself today but I convinced myself to hold off until either mog bonanza drops the price even more or I can afford dusk ledelsens at the same time, whichever happens first.

I'm in kindof a similar position in that there's only maybe 10 things left I want for my rdm that I can buy with money. But then, I haven't updated the list since the last patch dumped a lot more sweet gear options in front of us. I think the majority of the stuff I want from that is gonna be rare/ex too though. In any case, the last thing on my want list is Morrigan's Robe, so it'll be awhile before I break away from gil completely.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I got lucky that the DRG I inherited had Dusk Hands/Feet for his DRK and BLU, but also had Askar Manopolas and Homam feet, so I was able to lift his Dusk for my COR.

And yeah, same boat here TM, everything left that I need for pretty much all my jobs is R/E aside from like a Koenig Shield for PLD when I get up there, although still in need of gil since Salvage gear is up there and COR requires Sushi just to leave your MH.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I always see people wonder how others can afford million dollar items at endgame, and to put it simply, this is sort of why. You will eventually stop running out of expensive gear to get off the AH at one point so you save a lot of money.

I'm hoping to get to that point soon, but there's still a ton of stuff I need. Though I am shopping for two jobs with fairly different armor restrictions so that doesn't help, but getting things like Dusk Gloves, which work for both, is doubley beneficial.

That said, I'm still kicking myself for missing out on that 300k pair that got sold a few days ago. I normally stop by the AH and throw a few lowball bids at things I need and that was one of the days I missed it. I'm hoping that they keep dropping so I can get another shot at em, cause right now they're a steady 500k again.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Why don't you just wait a month? <.> They're going to go down in price....like a lot.
            Mostly I bought it now because I expect the price to drop a bit more, followed by a drastic price rise.

The price drop I'm guessing will be partially due to supply, largely due to speculation though. Not everyone will choose a Behemoth Hide for their Rank 4 reward, and not everyone will choose to sell it. I'm thinking that the Rank 1/2/3 winners may have more of an impact than the Rank 4 winners will on the prices.

I could be wrong, but that's what I think will happen, and I'm sure that it will vary by server as well.

Plus there are some other issues, like I'm working on CoP/ToAU, and those rings would replace my +acc ones anyway. I'm not really going to be partying until I complete my planned gearset. Now that I've really started to put together a haste set, it's going to be all or nothing before I put up a LFG flag outside of Campaign.

And as I said before, right or wrong, I'm pretty happy with the decision.

I was thinking of starting to shop for the other jobs that I want to level... But I think it would be wise to focus on Dragoon for now, and work up the subjobs that I will need for the other jobs. Plus I can level with my NPC and work on fellowship points towards her Darksteel/Hachiman armor.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
              Mostly I bought it now because I expect the price to drop a bit more, followed by a drastic price rise.

The price drop I'm guessing will be partially due to supply, largely due to speculation though. Not everyone will choose a Behemoth Hide for their Rank 4 reward, and not everyone will choose to sell it. I'm thinking that the Rank 1/2/3 winners may have more of an impact than the Rank 4 winners will on the prices.

I could be wrong, but that's what I think will happen, and I'm sure that it will vary by server as well.

Plus there are some other issues, like I'm working on CoP/ToAU, and those rings would replace my +acc ones anyway. I'm not really going to be partying until I complete my planned gearset. Now that I've really started to put together a haste set, it's going to be all or nothing before I put up a LFG flag outside of Campaign.

And as I said before, right or wrong, I'm pretty happy with the decision.

I was thinking of starting to shop for the other jobs that I want to level... But I think it would be wise to focus on Dragoon for now, and work up the subjobs that I will need for the other jobs. Plus I can level with my NPC and work on fellowship points towards her Darksteel/Hachiman armor.
              Fair enough. ^^ Grats on the gloves. Gogo haste.

Swift belt is also very noice to have if you're working on a haste build, if you can get the peeps together for it.
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I like Dusk gear but the movement speed penalty bugs the heck out of me. I use Askar hands for tp typically now. I'm considering buying some dusk trousers if the prices dip a lot though. Homam and Askar pants continue to allude me.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Honestly, this is what I expect, and hope, will happen. It's why I've been trying to get my own pair for dirt cheap before they start rising up again. But at the moment it's still up for grabs as to how low they can go so at least until the numbers are announced I expect them to keep dropping, but they won't go below 300.

Which to me is a good thing cause I'm near gaurenteed a cut into at least 2 Behe hides once this thing ends
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Swift belt is also very noice to have if you're working on a haste build, if you can get the peeps together for it.
                    I think I just need to beat Diabolos now to gain access to the Sacrarium, and then I'll be working on that.

I'm considering these for my haste pants:

Need some more ToAU missions under my belt before I can go for them, but it's a repeatable BCNM fight/quest kinda like an ENM. And for the feet, I'm planning on going for those Aurum Sabatons.

I was considering the Askar gloves since I'll be doing Nyzul Isle Assaults sometime soon. But that +4 enmity really bothers me. It's silly, because there are a number of ways to get around a mob attacking me in an exp party. But there is just something about wearing so much +enmity in one piece.

Comment

I think I just need to beat Diabolos now to gain access to the Sacrarium, and then I'll be working on that.

I'm considering these for my haste pants:

Need some more ToAU missions under my belt before I can go for them, but it's a repeatable BCNM fight/quest kinda like an ENM. And for the feet, I'm planning on going for those Aurum Sabatons.

I was considering the Askar gloves since I'll be doing Nyzul Isle Assaults sometime soon. But that +4 enmity really bothers me. It's silly, because there are a number of ways to get around a mob attacking me in an exp party. But there is just something about wearing so much +enmity in one piece.
                      Diabolos > Ouryu > Sacrarium, so still almost there. And the Barbo pants do look nice, not as great as Askar or Homam, but still a great leg piece. However my understanding is that they have a horrendously low drop rate.

Comment

Yeah I would love those Zerehs as well. I just haven't had the time to set up a group for the requisite BCs yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                          I like Dusk gear but the movement speed penalty bugs the heck out of me.
                          This really is nuts to me, lol. The first time using hands and feet on COR it took literally over an hour for me to get used to swapping them out before running to the next mob.

And yeah, I'd love Barabossa's for my COR, but honestly I believe that Homam are actually easier to obtain(relatively, not like they rain from the sky). My DRG came with AF+1 pants, and really aside from Haste in that slot I can't think of an overall better piece, though the new Aurum Cuisses look fairly hot.

Side note: Aurum appears to be DRG's first heavy armor set. S-E finally listening to the DRG vs. NIN Hauby complaints? And eww at Lord's set models on DRG...with all the purple and gold going to look like the bastard child of Barney and the gold MS from Z Gundam.
                          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I had Dusk Gloves and I kept forgetting and would wonder why I kept falling behind everyone when running to events. lol

Yeah, I just started looking at the Aurum set today. I'd wear Askar over most of it but it looks like a decent set overall. It seems like it'd be fairly easy to acquire most of the pieces.

Comment

Working...
                            X