Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A duo dilemma

Genkai 1 should be fairly easy.

The scroll's drop rate has been raised. Save some TP for Leg Sweep to stun any nasty moves. Or find a high level tank/player to assist.

The exorays in crawler's nest can be safely duoed, I think. Try to build TP first on something so you both have 100%, then pull an Exoray and penta thrust immediately to bring its HP down, that way Dark Spore won't hurt as much.

Bomb Coal should be relatively safe too. There are bats near the area, again, build TP and then pull a bomb, so if it self-destructs earlier it won't hurt that much. Plus barfire.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Yeah.. we might be going back to Fei'Yin for another level. It was getting really slow towards the end of 49 cause we were running out of bats to kill and had to wait for respawns, but.. wow. Funnel Bats are like Underworld Bats +2.

I dunno about duoing Genkai 1 after this. Bats should be our specialty, both using piercing weapons and bats being relatively harmless. Exoray have dangerous TP moves and no weakness to piercing, Bombs berserk and self destruct and the Lich would have dangerous TP moves and a resistance to piercing. Things are not looking bright.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Well, thought I'd drop in and update everyone and what's happened since my last post ending on a down note.

We are both 55 now with G2 already finished. We did the bats in Garlaige basement until 54, spent all of level 54 and some of 55 hunting for a Quicksands coffer key for my AF, and now we are sort of stuck again.

We tried out Bostaunieux Oubliette, and it was semi-doable. The spot at the West Ronfaure exit was decent, but the spawn time is incredibly slow. Then we had a BST come in and camp on top of us (this never fails to happen) and decided to just end it there. We came back later and I tried /RDM to see if we could just roam the whole place, but no dice. We had to fight in awkward spots to avoid blood aggro and eventually ended up aggroing more than one bat and getting killed.

We may be taking a break from this duo for a little while at any rate. We sorta went crazy over the past weekend since my partner is on spring break. We were gonna take a break at 60 anyway to farm for all the expensive essential stuff (Scorp. harness, Chiv chain, etc) so I guess I can get started on farming early til we find a decent camp again.

On an unrelated note, is the Jaridah Peti worth it? If I don't buy it I can almost afford a Scorpion Harness right now, and it's only two levels away and seems like it would be much better for duoing.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

I would say that the Jaridah Peti is worth it.

At 60, you'll most likely have:

GKL: +7acc
          2x +acc rings: +8-10acc
          Lift belt or Potent Belt: +8-10acc
          Chiv Chain: +5acc
          Other???

And that's assuming exp party stuff, while it sounds like you mostly duo.

For duoing:

GKL and Cchain are mostly non negotiable, so that's +12 acc right there. Just thinking about my own soloing experiences, you won't need alot of +acc in a solo/duo enviroment to hit the mobs, so either a Jaridah Peti with +5acc, or a Scorpion Harness with +10acc, should be fine. I don't know if you are using +acc rings or what, but if you are, I'd say any reasons to get a SH go down even further.

Also, I have to think of the changes to two handed weapons, which came about long after I was past the stage you are now, and I have to think that there is even less reason to stock up on the +acc with a SH.

In party situations you'll want the +acc rings and all that, and again I'd have to say that the SH is optional.

Myself personally, I'd prefer the extra +att from the Peti rather than the extra +acc from the SH.

I'd say if you are dead set on a SH, skip the Peti, especially if you are duoing. If you are indifferent between them, go for the cheaper one, because frankly they are both good and I don't think you can go wrong with either one, it's all up to personal preferences between those two armors.
          Last edited by Vyuru; 04-09-2008, 11:40 AM.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

If one of you goes with the Scorpion Harness, I would suggest they use the Dark Mezraq instead of the GKL. The evasion down will benefit both of you when it procs. If you're eating sushi, then you can focus less on accuracy anyway. The Peti is nice but the eva+ in the SH makes it a bit more ideal for solo/duo.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

The evasion is what's so sexy about the SH, here. I do think you should upgrade to the SH, and if you're afraid the price of SH will go up (or Peti will go down), then you'll have to make the call to nix the Peti in favor SH now. But I don't see why you can't buy Peti now, and take a 1-2 break @58 for the SH.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                If one of you goes with the Scorpion Harness, I would suggest they use the Dark Mezraq instead of the GKL. The evasion down will benefit both of you when it procs. If you're eating sushi, then you can focus less on accuracy anyway. The Peti is nice but the eva+ in the SH makes it a bit more ideal for solo/duo.

Thanks, this is pretty much exactly how I was thinking. Minus the sushi x_x

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

If one of you goes with the Scorpion Harness, I would suggest they use the Dark Mezraq instead of the GKL. The evasion down will benefit both of you when it procs.
                  A couple of questions here.

I know the Mezraq and that the Thalowhatever lances have high evasion down proc rates that give -20 eva down, how does the Dark Mezraq compare? If it has the same proc rate and eva down effect, then I would seriouly consider the Dark Mezraq over the GKL.

However I also have to ask about how you and your dnc partner party. I don't know much about dancer, so I have to ask if your dancer partner is using the evasion down step and if that is better or more efficient than the DM's evasion down effect.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

Comment

She uses both Quickstep and Box step (def down) on every mob. According to ffxiclopedia, Quickstep is -8 evasion on the first application and an additional -4 for each subsequent application, ending up at a total of -24 evasion.

I am assuming it would stack with the evasion down from Mezraq family lances. Quickstep causes "Lethargic Daze" and the Mezraq family proc is just regular "Evasion down".

I was gonna go with the Dark Mezraq anyway just so I could run around and say "fork you" all the time.

EDIT:

And suddenly I can just buy the Jaridah and not care about monies for a little while.
                    Last edited by Tickmeoff; 04-14-2008, 02:43 AM.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Buahahahhahaha

Duo'd by DRG and DNC. Screw those double DRGs with a RDM!

Comment

I just did that BC last night. 3/3 with no decent drops at all. We didn't even get Utsusemi: Ni. ><

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Grats.

Last few times I've done that BCNM I've made maybe.... 10k....

That used to make me alot of money, now the chest doesn't like me :/

Comment

Nice, out of curiosity what was your general plan? Just kill what slimes you can then just duo the Princess down? Seems like a fun thing to do if I get bored of doing it on my RDM one day.
                            Cleverness - Hades
                            75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                            DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Congratulations! Nice to see a DRG & DNC duo can take down that BCNM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
                                Nice, out of curiosity what was your general plan? Just kill what slimes you can then just duo the Princess down? Seems like a fun thing to do if I get bored of doing it on my RDM one day.
                                Pretty much. We started on the right and just worked our way around in a circle. Only items used were food (mithkabobs) and a Pamama au lait. Koyuki used Desperate Flourish on the ones we were currently engaged with and any others that happened to be near by enough to be in range without moving very far.

Our first run only one Princess made it to the center and we had to fight the Queen who spawned with.. 3% HP. Second run we killed all 8.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Working...
                                X