DRG update March 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRG update March 10

So has anyone noticed a difference after this update? I'm a little confused as to what it is supposed to actually do for us... any input and data on post update performance would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: DRG update March 10

Well, hopefully, the wyvern's HP increase over time causing increased breath output as well as better DoT. The change is supposed to be relative to the amount of XP gained while the wyvern is out. I'm also interested to see how quickly it ramps and if it caps.

Comment

For reference:

Originally posted by S-E
      A wyvern’s attributes will now increase in correspondence to the amount of experience gained from the moment the wyvern is summoned.
      *This increase will not be affected by experience gained from Campaign, Besieged, or items.
      **A wyvern’s attributes will be reset to their original values when the wyvern is KO’d, dismissed, or changes areas.
      This is obviously something to encourage keeping your wyvern alive as long as possible. And probably inpsired by the similar attachments that PUPs get (though not limited to a per-battle basis).

I can't imagine the bonuses being very large. Even +20 accuracy typically takes a parser to notice the difference, and we don't know enough about NPC stats anyway... it'll be a hard thing to track down.

I'm hoping for some sort of night-and-day difference that happens within ~10k exp probably followed by an abrupt cap or a heavy rate of diminishing returns. We'll see, though...
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
        I'm hoping for some sort of night-and-day difference that happens within ~10k exp probably followed by an abrupt cap or a heavy rate of diminishing returns. We'll see, though...
        I agree. I'm hoping you see returns quicker than on 10k boundaries though. If the rise is to gradual, however, we'll get slowly-boiling-frog syndrome and no one will notice.

Comment

Hows about wyvern feed? Is it still difficult to get this item?

Comment

Some Peeps over on Alla are saying that the wyvern gets about a 17% boost to it's damage, Breaths and per hit. Wyvern is supposed to get a minor boost every 200 exp and cap out at 1000 exp.

Hows about wyvern feed? Is it still difficult to get this item?
            Most likely it is, but why would you need it? It's not that hard to keep the little wyvern alive in most exp camps. Well, after lvl 25 that is.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
              Some Peeps over on Alla are saying that the wyvern gets about a 17% boost to it's damage, Breaths and per hit. Wyvern is supposed to get a minor boost every 200 exp and cap out at 1000 exp.
              So after 1k exp it gets a 17% boost in strength, or is it just 17% stronger now accompanied by smaller boosts up to 1k exp?

Most likely it is, but why would you need it? It's not that hard to keep the little wyvern alive in most exp camps. Well, after lvl 25 that is.
              Really? That's good to hear, I always thought that most dragoons didnt like spirit link lol

Comment

I'm too busy camping the AH for polearm ingredients to test anything.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Sorry, that's minor boosts every 200exp for a cap of +17% at 1000 exp.

Really? That's good to hear, I always thought that most dragoons didnt like spirit link lol
                  Spirit Link, I use it when I have to and it makes sense. Sometimes you do have to just let your wyvern die, but that really doesn't happen that often.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

Comment

So SAM get Sekkanoki, and we get this...

Emo sigh.

I just hope some good is found in it. I really don't see a huge bonus coming from exp, and the fact you NEED exp on the spot for it to be useful.
                    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                    Originally posted by Nandito
                    Ponies.

Duh.
                    You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Well, I was somewhat expecting actual additional actions or BP-like commands that the wyvern was going to be able to execute, but this is an interesting boost. Out of the four pet jobs, we get a boost that's rather lackluster, unless the supposed 17% increase is enough DoT to be worth SE doing it in the first place.

Is it just STR and damage, or does the increase also boost Accuracy, HP, Defense, VIT, etc? I remember seeing some reports on boosted Healing Breath numbers from the update after feeding a bit of XP to the wyvern.

I'm still kinda iffy on this boost, but a boost is a boost, nonetheless. I'll look into it later if I get the time; I have a number of other things now on my plate as well (new Blue Mage spells, Dancer AF, still gotta pick up a new pair of dice, etc).

Comment

Well last night in an exp party I noticed a bit of difference. My wyvern's breath attack was almost as strong as my berserk+ws. He was also outdamaging our tank, but with tools he kept hate. Lastly, dunno if this is new, but it is to me, drain samba was healing my wyvern so I rarely had to sit to keep his health up.

Comment

Lastly, dunno if this is new, but it is to me, drain samba was healing my wyvern so I rarely had to sit to keep his health up.
                          Yup, that one is a new one with the update.

Hmm, I wonder if songs/spells affect our wyvern now as well?

Oh, and I don't know if it's a bug in Campaign or not, but your wyvern will be affected by some NPC buffs. Lumiere got a att+ boost when the Flame Giant used his buff a few months ago.

Comment

Some light reading @BG, I saw some people claiming upwards of 22% increase in breath potency. It appears that if their HP is increasing, it's not very much. Just that some static number is added to breath potency figures.

About songs/rolls: Sambas are not buffs. They do not give you an icon.

Basic breakdown of a samba:
                            -Dancer gets a buff icon. Status adds "Drain Daze" to every attack, though like Head Butt stating damage but not "is stunned", this never makes the chat log. This means that your buff adds a debuff.
                            -Drain daze (the debuff) makes it so any attacker automatically drains HP from them. These additional attackers are just abusing a debuff, though. Thus, no buff icon because they're not actually receiving a buff.

....Therefore, no. Wyverns will probably not get songs if they still can't get hit with Curaga.

I think the buffs like Flame Giant's Attack Boost example... I think it's because it's a "true" AoE. It affects everything in its radius, be it party member, alliance member, or just someone in in the same zone. Probably affects other NPCs battling about, as well.
                            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

About songs/rolls: Sambas are not buffs. They do not give you an icon.
                              Ahh, I thought they did, thanks for clearing that up! ^^

I think it's because it's a "true" AoE. It affects everything in its radius, be it party member, alliance member, or just someone in in the same zone.
                              Does it? I don't fight much in Fort-whatever anymore, so I rarely see the Flame Giant in action. Oh, but I also have some chat filters up now, so some of it might be filtered anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X