DRG/RDM v.s RDM/NIN Brenner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRG/RDM v.s RDM/NIN Brenner

Ok before anyone yells at me, i've looked through these forums and stickies and in allakhazam, and with my poor searching skills, i was unable to find what it was i'm looking for.

I've recently lvled RDM to 30 (my DRG is 60) and my friend wants to do a PVP with his RDM and i'm assuming he'll sub NIN. My question is as a 60 DRG/RDM going against most likely RDM/NIN what gear should i have especially MP wise, (i'm elvan, with RDM sub and RSE gloves and boots i have 125 mp)
    what kind of items should i bring to the fight. I understand that when he has shadows to cast diaga, but what about silence or bind or anything else.
    I would greatly appreciate any help you guys can give me, and again i'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere before.

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Re: DRG/RDM v.s RDM/NIN Brenner

First you need to decide if you can sit there and buff up before the fight. If that is the case then you will in trouble. Enpsells, phalanxe, stoneskin, Ichi etc will be a huge advantage for him. If you just start fighting, then you will have a nice advantage.

Use jumps to interrupt spells. Diaga shadows. Try and keep wyvern out. Pray he doesn't sleep your wyvern. Maybe you will get lucky and get a chance to use healing breaths.

I have killed rdm/nin and rdm/blm in ballista before. I wouldn't try casting any spell on them due to your 1/2 magic skills. Its going to be a tough fight.

You could load up on resistance gear like this but I don't know how much good that will do you.
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

It's not worth it to try camping them, but if you have a pair of Gargoyle Boots, they are invaluable for Ballista/Brenner. 68+ you can use Mountain Gaiters instead.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
        It's not worth it to try camping them, but if you have a pair of Gargoyle Boots, they are invaluable for Ballista/Brenner. 68+ you can use Mountain Gaiters instead.
        You mean Earth Greaves?
        Thanks Kazuki.
        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

oh yeah... those. lol

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

lvl sam use poison pots and penta thrust him into the ground =P. i dont sub mage in ballista due to the fact if you die ur wyvern is now gone and no healing breaths for up to 20 min. ; ;
            [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I'll be honest...

Only truly good RDMs who know the ins and out of their job can hold a candle in PvP.

If you just do your job, you'll probably cake-rape him. If you lose, then it's a learning experience. Just because RDMs have the potential to be unbeatable, doesn't mean that all RDMs who do PvP are geniuses.

Not to be mean, but unless your friend has been to multiple PvP matches, it's unlikely he'll be very experienced as a RDM/NIN.

Personally, I'd sub WAR or BLM in a lvl 60, because NIN is extremely pointless as a sub before Ni....
              The Tao of Ren
              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              Originally posted by Kaeko
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Working...
              X