Dunes Food for DRG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunes Food for DRG?

Scanned through the threads here and didn't think I saw the question so here goes.

If I were a Mithran DRG/WAR for the dunes what food am I more concerned with…attack or accuracy?

I'm skilling cooking so synthing my own meat jerky or jack'o'lanterns from drops/cheap shopping isn't a worry to me, I'm just not sure which is a better idea for the dunes.

This also assumes I'm in a decent party w/out a lot of <<adventure>> (ie: death) that would cause frustration at loosing a 3 hour food from dying if it was the jack'o'lantern.

A side note is that I have access to either 2 strength or courage rings or a combo of both.

Thanks >^.^<

Re: Dunes Food for DRG?

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php#Melee_Attack

This might help. Some accuracy foods there too.

Comment

I'd go with Lanterns + STR rings unless you wanna backup tank in your parties, the +acc and +eva are nice.

Low lvl tanks are kinda bad with hate so DRGs get to tank way too often from what I've seen (or any DD with att food for that matter).

But like you said, given the mortality rate at the dunes a 3hr food might be kinda a waste.

Then again I'm only talking about what I've seen from outside parties, since I've pretty much solo'd all my lvl 37-38 jobs.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Thanks for the advice, that's pretty much what I was looking for. ^^v
        I knew what both did, just wasn't sure which was completely more useful since I know DD ~> strength food, but DRG ~> accuracy food.

I've had excellent luck at both random and semi-static parties in the dunes as of late so I'll probably try the lanterns then.

Comment

I always felt that Acc food in the dunes was a waste. Even at those lvls, low IT and VT mobs are still the best targets to hunt and on them you should never really have acc problems. But with a high dmg weapon, att will noticably boost your dmg per hit and especially WS. This will be even more noticeable when you fight crabs. Nothing worse in the dunes then hitting a Crab for constant 0s.

The *best* low lvl food I can suggest is Rice Dumplings, it gives a nice att% boost as well as a solid +5 acc. The cheapest, yet still highly effective, method I would suggest is Jerky. Until 120ish(iirc) base att, it gives the best Att% boost of all foods. And it's only like 100 gil a stack from NPCs. If you *need* to use acc food that can only mean you're aiming too high, which no matter what only works to slow down your overall EXP.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Actually, Roast Mutton costs about the same as Jerky (if you can synth your own that is) and gives a +5% higher attack increase. Plus, it lasts 3 hours! But if you want to splurge, go with the dumplings for a mix of attack and accuracy. Lanterns are indeed nice for the +10 acc, but since a lot of mobs will con high def at that level, you'll want the attack food.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Oh, Rice Dumpling didn't know about it.

I like that food. How much a stack?
              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

On Alexander at Jeuno AH >> ~15k a stack

And at Cooking (95) / Woodworking (15) I'm a long ways from making it XD
                (is working on mid-30's cooking)

Comment

Meat of cheif kabobs are fine from lvl 1-20 or 30. give you enough STR and ATT to be a full fledged DDer. but if you've geared up for DDer and have enough Str and Att I'd go with Sushi for added Accuracy. don't get durado sushi tho...that added enmity could make you being the main tank blah. Don't forget to dex out too. a pair of leaping/bounding boots will do the trick.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                    Oh, Rice Dumpling didn't know about it.

I like that food. How much a stack?
                    Rice dumplings are nice indeed. but its like when you use them you're really not getting the full potential of the food...so i kinda stayed away from those untill i have my Sam AF gloves so when and if i do use any type of rice dish i can get that added status boost.

Edit: Opps doesn't apply to rice dumplings ony rice balls

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

I was under the impression that kabobs and sushi aren't worth it for under 30 because of the base stat cap?

Also, raise your hand if you're poor from ADD of leveling multiple jobs at once. *raises hand*

My fiance and I haven't gotten around to camping Leaping Lizzy yet, but we should for those sometime. *ponder*

Comment

Just go for Meat Jerky. You can buy them at 120 gil a pc at any city except Jeuno.
                        Grab a pair of battle gloves and you're set.

Comment

Rice Drumplings is great all the way to level 40 ~ 45. If you insist of eatting sushi, I suggest wait until Beserk at level 30 from /war. With DRG's accuarcy bonus at level 30, I think Rice Drumpling has the edge for DRG. In Dunes, the acc+ result from sushi should be about the same from the result of Jack'o-Lantern or Rice Drumpling. To be honest, the mobs in the Dunes is not very evasive. Once the accuracy is taken care of, push the limit of damage.
                          Server: Quetzalcoatl
                          Race: Hume Rank 7
                          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Considering it's the dunes we are talking about Jerky + battle gloves seem like the most practical option indeed.

But Dumplings are still nice...

Edit > But going all +STR gear + lantern still looks like a nice option too.
                            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

How much are dumplings in your server? It's 15k a stack in midgard at the moment. Weird it was around 20 last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X