Taru Dragoon armor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taru Dragoon armor question

Do you guys think I should wear the Taru RSE or something else for that level range. The + to str and hp is really nice, but just wanna get everyone's opinion before going through the trouble of obtaining it.

Re: Taru Dragoon armor question

I used taru RSE all the way till AF, the str boost is nice but I would switch rse body at 45 for brigadine armor.
    Drg 75, Pup 75, War 37, Sam 37, Mnk 37, Rdm 41, Smn 18, whm 37
    Windurst Rank 10, CoP complete, Zilart Complete

Comment

Thanks Tule! You always were a smart one lol

Comment

+STR gear does seem like it would be very nice for a Taru. My only suggustion would be to use other gear in place of most of your AF in pts. I mean tiger or feral pants (+4 or +5 att) add more then say AF pants.

The only other thing I sugguest to keep in mind is the fact that STR us usless without ATT.

Comment

Good point SomeMithra... I'll have to keep that in mind as well.

Comment

Republic Subligar is probably a better leg piece and viable from 25 til about AF

Battle Gloves are nice too for accuracy as well. Though the RSE gloves will do you just fine. I'd keep both handy.

The feet are ok. I think I used Leaping/Bounding til AF, but STR is probably better. Volan's Greaves are nice to macro in on Jumps.

The body piece is great at that level compared to items within the same stat range. Swap it out for a Brigadine at 45 though.

At 55 you can start using the Jaridah set as well which will replace any leftovers. DRG AF is nice but most of it is situational at best.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

I was wondering about a few pieces of gear that fit into this category. A big one is Wonder Clomps vs. Leaping Boots.

Giving up 3 DEX (1.5 acc) for 2 STR (1 atk).
              Also... Merc. Capt's Headgear vs. Emp Pin

Giving up 2 DEX for 1 STR.

As a taru, my STR is low, but is it low enough to worry about giving up acc? With Rice Dumps I have about 66% acc in PTs (where people tend to overhunt) though I have 82% acc on slightly less overhunting PTs. It seems to be a huge difference mostly dependant on how much we're overhunting. But is any amount of STR worth giving up the Acc when I can't reasonably reach 85% yet?

Also, should I trade my Courage for Balance?

P.S. I personally would prefer wearing Leaping Boots because Rep Sub + Wonder Clomps = o.O At least the boots are thigh high on taru and make our subs look less horrid.
              A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

i think its worth getting cause if you don't need it any more you can sell it and it does sells for a decent amount. also its a decent armor set for when you're leveling up subs as well. I still keep mine around cause well the mithra one looks kinky and to me thats all that matters
                "For too long, people just accepted their fate, their destiny. I for one, choose to fight it everyday, because to a man, there is no worthier an adversary." -Me

Linkshells: WindurstCavalry http://windurstcavalry.org | DarkLegacy http://dl.finalfantasyeleven.org

Comment

im useing shade armor (good for cheapness) and its working pretty well and normally if you have a good ninja or a really good warrior then you wouldnt need to tank and wouldnt really have to worry about tanking dont cha think
                  i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Comment

Working...
                  X