job\subjob questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job\subjob questions

If I have a level 30 warrior and a level 6 dragoon, the and the dragoon becomes main and warrior sub, the levels would be 6 dragoon and 3 warrior but what happens to the exp you got with the levle 30 warrior?

and right now I'm a level 8 warrior and im going to become a dragoon. should I be using pole arms to get a headstart on weapon skills? thanks

Re: job\subjob questions

Ok first off DO NOT USE A POLEARM AS A WARRIOR. You will have plenty of time to skill up polearm while you are a DRG. Experience point parties will not accept a WAR with a polearm, and more importantly you will be seriously undermining your own damage dealing. As a WAR use a Great Axe or an Axe.

Secondly, your subjob experience has nothing to do with your main job. Subjobs are capped at half the level of the main job and thats it, nothing else too it. You don't level up your subjob or anything. You only level your main job. You also don't lose XP from your subjob when you die, just your main job.

Good luck getting DRG! Its an awesome job! Definately my favorite.
    Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
    Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
    Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
    Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
    Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
    Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
    ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
    WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

Put it this way...

Your subjob is half the level of your main job, providing you have it levelled that far.

If I'm a 20 Dragoon and my Warrior subjob is at least lvl10 or higher, the subjob will be capped at 10. That means I can use some abilities Warrior gets at level 10. Meaning, my 20 Dragoon can now provoke. It will look like DRG20/WAR10

Now if I'm a 20 Dragoon and my Warrior subjob is still at 1, then it will stay at 1 untill I level it. It will look like DRG20/WAR1, and so on.

If I have a 50 Warrior and decided to level Dragoon, my 20 Dragoon would still cap my Warrior subjob to 10 because its half of the main job.

The job set as your subjob will not lose EXP, your main job will.

And no, you shouldn't use Polearm as a WAR to get a headstart. You'll eventually want to bring your WAR to level 37 (i.e half of 75) to use as a subjob because virturally every melee job uses it as a subjob, apart from WARs themselves for obvious reasons. Getting to 37 for a first time player takes a long time and its a lot of parties. Use both an Axe and shield, and a Great Axe. You will have plenty of time to get your weapon skills on polearm when you are playing Dragoon.

Besides, you dont know for sure you will eventually want to be a DRG. I started out wanting to be a PLD, and I'm yet to unlock it. I went with RDM for a while and now my main job is a DRK, the complete opposite of a PLD.
      Standablaze
      Server: Ramuh
      Jobs: Dark Knight, Red Mage
      Level: Not stated, because I can't be bothered updating 5 signatures when I level. Lets say mid levels.

英語ができますか

Comment

Originally posted by adamo View Post
        If I have a level 30 warrior and a level 6 dragoon, the and the dragoon becomes main and warrior sub, the levels would be 6 dragoon and 3 warrior but what happens to the exp you got with the levle 30 warrior?
        It stays, you're just limited in how much you can use at once. When you get to level 60 dragoon you'll be a DRG60/WAR30, and then when you get to level 62 dragoon you'll be DRG62/WAR30 and everyone will say "go level your sub!".
        and right now I'm a level 8 warrior and im going to become a dragoon. should I be using pole arms to get a headstart on weapon skills? thanks
        No. You wouldn't be able to use your full skill anyway, only the amount you could have gotten just as easily while leveling up DRG. (Like with subjobs, you don't lose the extra skill, you're just temporarily unable to use it.)

Furthermore, you'll be less effective as a warrior because warriors are only so-so with polearms. You'll be better off using a great axe for damage dealing, or an axe and shield if you're tanking.

When you're a warrior, be a warrior, not a future something else. Warrior is a great job in its own right and refusing to play it *as* a warrior is letting your party down.
        Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
        RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
        All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Yes Do not use polearm I made the same mistake once I hit 30 I switched to DRG when it came time to level WAR past 30 I had no GA skill and had to skill it up my self, which wasn't fun.

Comment

ne jobs skills a A skill or better very fast. so you have no need to skill polearm up with your war stick to axes and great axe, because if you ever decide to lvl up war farther then you will be "gimped". my adivce is get to war to 37 first before doing drg because then you will never have to lvl it any farther. also alot of the information you may need is at the top of our posts in the stickeys.
            [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I find it surprising you could level WAR to 30, unlock subjobs and DRG, and not know that the EXP sticks to the job that earned it.

Nonetheless, if you want to use WAR to level polearm, you can do so. But please limit that to solo time. I've used DRG to level staves for use with BRD and WHM, but in a party I stuck with polearms. Likewise, stick with Axe or GAxe in parties as WAR.
              4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

Working...
              X