Dragoon or Not to Dragoon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragoon or Not to Dragoon!

So i was thinking should i play as a dragoon or not, i am lving WHM up atm and really like Summoner & Dragoon, So should i do Summoner, or play as a Dragoon first, i know i will have to lv my Warrior up to play as a dragoon first, but Dragoons are kick ass

Re: Dragoon or Not to Dragoon!

Dude... I LOVE dragoon! It's funny too... I'm a taru and every pt I'm ever in I end up with all the hate >.>

Comment

lol nice

But with me lving WHM i want to lv it to 30 so i can get the ADV jobs

But hey i need to lv BLM for when im 18 anyways xD

Comment

I actually solo'd my DRG from 1-24/5 with /whm. It's really easy if you know how to utilize you're wyvern's healing breath. The thing with DRG's is they deal tons of damage over time, but not huge numbers at once... (although saying that feels weird since my Double Thrust always seems to outdamage everyone else).

Comment

Originally posted by bikkebakke
          I actually solo'd my DRG from 1-24/5 with /whm. It's really easy if you know how to utilize you're wyvern's healing breath. The thing with DRG's is they deal tons of damage over time, but not huge numbers at once... (although saying that feels weird since my Double Thrust always seems to outdamage everyone else).
          Does it even outdamage DRKs?

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut UK
            So i was thinking should i play as a dragoon or not, i am lving WHM up atm and really like Summoner & Dragoon, So should i do Summoner, or play as a Dragoon first, i know i will have to lv my Warrior up to play as a dragoon first, but Dragoons are kick ass
            If I would have to pick between the too, I'd say "To Dragoon!" Reason being, summoner takes a lot of preparation to do, that meerly reaching level 30 with a job is not nearly enough (yes i realize its the same exact thing i said in the summoner forum in my thread). You'll need Fenrir, Diabolos, Carbuncle Mitts, spirits yaddah yaddah. Dragoon looks sweet, I think I'm going to go Dragoon.

Comment

kl, If i was a dragoon, would i NEED to lv my WAR up? because i would not mind to be Dark Later on or something.,

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut UK
                kl, If i was a dragoon, would i NEED to lv my WAR up? because i would not mind to be Dark Later on or something.,
                I wouldn't say you NEED to level up your warrior, but if you wanted to be a dark later on, then I would suggest it. You can sub warrior for both DRG and DRK if you'd like. Remember you can combine different Sub Jobs. Warrior is most expected of those 2 jobs though, I would say.

Comment

Seems like the same topic a few weeks back, again with a person torn between SMN and DRG. Just play both, you'll eventually go around all the jobs to stick to which one you like. If you want to go extreme, solo it to 75 like I did (my guide in progress). Unlock it, play it for 30 levels, and if you don't like it, stop.
                  [LadyKiKi]
                  Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                  .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                  Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiKi
                    Seems like the same topic a few weeks back, again with a person torn between SMN and DRG. Just play both, you'll eventually go around all the jobs to stick to which one you like. If you want to go extreme, solo it to 75 like I did (my guide in progress). Unlock it, play it for 30 levels, and if you don't like it, stop.
                    Yeah i was gonna do EVERY job to 30, so then every job is at 30 and i wont have to sqabble about with it all the time, would take me around 3 months to do every job at 30 but im sure i will find a job i will like (most likely dragoon now :D

Comment

If you're leveling Dragoon you'll need Warrior, Thief, and most likely Ninja to 37, and it doesn't hurt having White Mage there either for soloing.

Dragoon is good from 1-50, but really starts to teeter out in the 50s when other jobs begin to get better and better equipment while Dragoon is still sorely lacking. Past the 60s you're not really the best DD anymore, it just depends on who in the party is better equipped or who has the weapon bonus.

Comment

Or should i just WHM to 37 first?

Comment

I'd take whm, war, and thf to 37. Then take drg to 75.

Comment

mmm kk, i think it will be a good idea though, but probly will do that.

Comment

I can't speak to the usefulness of DRG/WHM as I have never tried it, but DRG/BLU is very useful. In addition to curing spells (Pollen, Magic Fruit, Healing Breeze) you get buffs (Cocoon) and debuffs (Sprout Smack, Head Butt, etc.). Plus you can customize your stats based on what Blue Magic spells you equip. In addition when BLU reaches 16, you can get the ability Auto-Regen which is amazing while soloing. You may wanna give DRG/BLU a try.
                              Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
                              Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
                              Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
                              Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
                              Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
                              Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
                              ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
                              WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

Working...
                              X