Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragoon's new 2hour and Wyvern call !!!

Yay look what we get ^.^ I am so happy, I have seen some poepl sugest this idea in these forums and it looks like they where picked up by the right ears finaly ^.^
    Dragoon never had problems in my opinion, but the 2hour no beable to save me in a bind was the only thing that bothered me and this will fix that ^.^

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/information/1122.html

-New two-hour ability
    The dragoon will be imbued with the strength of his or her wyvern for a fixed length of time, increasing the dragoon's power and adding special effects to "Jump" abilities.

-Call Wyvern
    The recast time for this ability will be reduced to twenty minutes. This ability will only be available when the main job is set to dragoon.

-Wyvern
    Wyverns will now have the equivalent of the job trait "Subtle Blow," reducing the amount of TP gained by opponents from the wyvern's attacks.

More details will be announced at the time of the version update.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Re: Dragoon's new 2hour and Wyvern call !!!

we've been talking about it for a while ;D
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51644
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

oh lol

Comment

I never Imagined they would make Wyvern an exclusive 20 minute ability, this pretty much makes Drg effective all the time since the wyvern can last 20 minutes easy, and it's still exclusive.

Props to SE for finally improving the Drg, I may even return to my original character to play Drg, although I think I would much rather redo it with my Elvaan, because I don't like how the armor looks on hume (does this make my belly stick out?).

Score 1 point for the tidal wave of Drgs asking for an improvement for the past 2 years!
        Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

Now what do you think the new 2-hour ability will be? I'm still thinking this one through, but Im certain it would have to address DRG's "shortcomings." That means it would be especially effective against bones. It needs to provide increased usefulness in HNM. It also has to help get us or our party out of a jam.

Any other areas that it needs to cover?
          4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Balodoth
            Now what do you think the new 2-hour ability will be? I'm still thinking this one through, but Im certain it would have to address DRG's "shortcomings."
            A 2hr's job isnt to really overcome "shortcomings".
            That means it would be especially effective against bones.
            Not necessarily. It is possible since it will make the DRG imbued with some of the wyvern's powers and since wyverns dont take lose dmg on bones it is a possiblity. However, RNG's and THF's have the safe ineffectiveness against bones and their 2hr's dont do anything to negate that.
            It needs to provide increased usefulness in HNM.
            Only being usable once every 2hr's doesnt really suddenly make it great against HNM's (I'm not saying DRG wont be more useful, but a 2hr ability doesnt turn any current job from useless on HNM's into suddenly highly useful jobs. The effect is just too short-lived)
            [QUOTE=Balodoth]It also has to help get us or our party out of a jam.[QUOTE]
            For the most part this is what 2hr's do, and most likely will be what DRG's do.

30second or 1 minute increased dmg seems to be most likely. Though, only time will tell.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

It's not every day a job get's a new 2-hour. S-E would have to be comprised entirely of idiots to pass up the chance to address other concerns. As far as bones, ability to summon the wyvern more often makes us more effective. My main concern there is mission 5-1, where people only accomplish this as DRG out of the mercy of their LS members (who already have 2 MNK in the party).

As for HNM, you have a good point. And all I'm really trying to say is that the opportunity is there, so they might as well take it. People don't participate in HNM events more than once in less than two hours. Jobs that can make effective use of their 2-hours against gods and the like, do use them. Why not alter DRG's new 2-hour to make it effective in such an occasion, allowing them their 15 minutes of fame?

Then again, what other uses do 2-hours have? Any input? Any at all?

Comment

if we get imbued with wyvern power then well. possibly increased attack speed? with a lance i gain 12.5 tp wyvern gains 8 tp it attacks noticeably faster. also im assuming Wses will have additional elemental damage due t the wyverns breath attack. for the jump abilities i got no idea maybye the wyvern stabs it atthe same tme for bonus damage? or its like the jumps from FFIX during trance where its 3 hits (probaly 2 if they did it) in one jump attack

Comment

What I see just by the description of the 2-hour, is that DRG will get an over all boost for its effect, and it would be a veriation of 100-fists or Mighty Strikes I would guess.

Comment

It turns out we will only be imbued by one power of our wyvern: flight. We will hover in the air for 30 seconds. Our jumps are enhanced in that we never actually touch the ground, so it looks cool.

:-P

Comment

omfg how can people be so clueless as to post this x 100 ?! and then even on several days after the news is out??! As if you would by any chance be the first person to notice a news +2 after its posted lol.
                      Signature outdated.

Comment

The Drg will most likely have a minute increase in attack power, simply adding the damage the wyvern does on top of the drgs attack, it also says that jumps will be embued with special effects, so the Drgs normal attack probably woln't increase anything close to the amount of Mighty Strikes or Hundred Fist, but the Jumps may be significantly more powerful/effective, which may together add a great deal of damage.

It is all specilation so far, but the fact that Drg has a 2 hr like SE said, woln't change the overall gameplay of Drg very much, it is the ever ready wyvern which will greatly improve the Drgs usefulness and overcome much of the damage received/damage lost because of wyverns weaknesses. Under 20 minutes is almost nothing compared to 2 hrs, the Drg will have his "full power" almost all the time.

If you noticed, one of the main reasons the Drgs new 2 hr imbues the Drg with his wyverns attack power and special jumps is because alot of HNM and other bosses will clober wyvern in seconds, and the wyvern woln't be there anyways, even having a second in backup and another in 20 minutes, the wyvern will most likely get less then 10 hits in for the short periods of time that it is alive during "Big Battles". SE tolk alot under consideration to make the Drgs new 2hr and wyvern, and isn't making a super duper 2 hr that's going to do so much more damage then normal.
                        Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

Hmmmm, what if. . . DRG got the opposite of Perfect Evasion? For the average time it takes for 10 or so hits, the DRG has 100% accuracy. Of course that doesn't account for special effects, which I take to mean either no damage penalty (a la bones) or a stun/petrify effect. But you have to wonder what kind of additional effect super jump would have. . .

Comment

Hmmmm, what if. . . DRG got the opposite of Perfect Evasion? For the average time it takes for 10 or so hits, the DRG has 100% accuracy. Of course that doesn't account for special effects, which I take to mean either no damage penalty (a la bones) or a stun/petrify effect. But you have to wonder what kind of additional effect super jump would have. . .
                            Yeha, but if u have 100% acc, it means you wont miss, which no class has, i mean, 10 hits is a bit much. The Avg wep spee for a DRG is like 490-somthing and that means an AWFUL lot, it would take like what, 7 or 8 hits for full TP? And then that would mean u could either do a double thrust ( weak ) and have both full hits land, or get at least 2 hits outta skewer! KInda overpowered if you nitpick it.

I like the fact that we are getting a 20min timer on Call Wyvern but it seems not to address the end-game issues of the DRG class as a whole. ( although the 2hr might help in BCNMs)
                            Never fear Death... simply become it...
                            http://www.insomniel.com/quizzes/dragoon.html <-- ME!

Artist: Blue Oyster Cult Lyrics
                            Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper Lyrics
                            All our times have come
                            Here but now they're gone
                            Seasons don't fear the reaper
                            Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
                            Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
                            Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
                            We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
                            Baby I'm your man...

Comment

I was just throwing something out there. And what melee job wouldn't want a minute of guaranteed hits in HNM? BRD gives you double march, WHM casts Haste, you smack the living daylights out of <insert god here>. Sub SAM so you can do a pair of all-hits-landed Pentathrusts. Extra Jump for damage and TP. High Jump for damage, TP, and lower hate. Timed right, you finish up with Super Jump to erase hate. You'd play just a few minutes during the whole HNM, but you would be a God among melee.

Comment

Working...
                              X