X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /drop Peregrine?

Greetings,

The ol trusty Peregrine is no longer of use to me. Is it safe to just drop this weapon? (aka af1)

Re: /drop Peregrine?

I've been wondering about this for a while. You have to do the quest to be able to do the other AF quests, but after it's lost it's usefullness what do you do with it? Do you just leave it in {/storage} hogging up an inventory slot, or just chuck it.

What is everybody else doing about this. I was about to go do my AF1 for RDM, then thought, "Hmmm, I won't be using it, and I still have my DRK AF1 sitting in {/storage} collecting dust." So I think I'll wait until I'm RDM51, go and solo my AF1 so I can start my real AF quests. But can I just chuck that old weapon?
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I chucked my af weapons as soon as I got full af. You can re-quest them later if you really want to, but since the wepons suck, and don't work for either 40 or 50 cap, they are useless.

Comment

Originally posted by fuz
        I chucked my af weapons as soon as I got full af. You can re-quest them later if you really want to, but since the wepons suck, and don't work for either 40 or 50 cap, they are useless.
        Yes, some dont work in 40 caps, they CERTAINLY work in 50 (though they may not be the best weapon at that point), but there are still some that work in 40 cao. For instance, the THF AF Knife is lv 40 as are teh RDM WAR BST BRD and NIN weapons. If you're any of those jobs id suggest keeping them for the 40 cap BCNMs/Missions.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

RDM AF1 is Lv.41, so no BCNM40's with that one. It's too bad the PLD AF1 isn't Lv.40, it's not a bad weapon. And the DRK AF Scythe is actually pretty nice. (STR+2 INT+2) I was almost sad to put it into {/storage}.

So not all of them are crappy weapons, but some of them are. I believe the BLM and WHM AF1's are pretty crappy if I recall. Though I've done the AF1 fight a number of times, and that's actually kind of fun. Hack'n away at the zombie Elvaan.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

They don't work because most of the weapons simply aren't available at 40 cap or have better alternatives at 50 cap. (pld possible exception, though the dmg rating on it is low by then) I didn't mean to confuse anyone by saying they don't work in level capped areas.

As rdm, if I actually cared about melee, I'd use buzzard tuck, or just go with a wand. You can save extra storage space by dumping AF1s and use buyable versions which are roughly equivalent, or a lot better. Then just sell them again when not needed. If you must be equiped on a moment's notice for level capped stuff, then you're probably not reading this thread since you knwo better.

And yes, the rdm weapon isn't listed at the correct level, I don't know if the others are.

Comment

I usally throw away my AF1 weapons asap.
              I've tossed all my bard AF 'cept for pants. hah

Comment

Working...
              X