This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drg/Sam

I was curious if DRG/SAM is still a good job combo. I havent play FFXI in a while i know they nerf the tp return on penta etc.. read all the new patches since then and my original plan was DRG/SAM. My DRG is 30ish so i was wondering if i am wasting my time lvling sam.

Any information would be great!
    Thanks in Advance
    "The secret to immortality is to live a life worth remembering." -Bruce Lee

And to think i could kill every man, woman, and child here if i wanted to. The Power of Death is Intoxicating

Re: Drg/Sam

Drg/Sam is good for Ballista, but not the best for EXP parties.

In Ballista you can charge up some TP for a quick WS, and as shown in the video (Whatever the thread is about getting Drg to 75 faster) Third Eye can be very handy in absrobing hard hits.

In an EXP party the TP return is no longer ~60% on the 5 hit Penta Thrust(if all hits connect). So you can no longer Meditate for another weapon skill real quick as you used to. Drg/War has double strike, berserk, and even Warcry at 70. I wouldn't recommend Drg/Thf, and I don't know anything about subbing mage classes.

Comment

DRG/SAM is usefull at lvl 60 because of meditate

Comment

My impression is: not noticeable better, not noticeably worse.
        4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

I actully was wondering the same but now I guess I know. Would be nice to go DRG/SAM in Ballista for achange rather then DRG/WHM. However I do enjoy living for so long in Ballista.

Comment

I saw a Drk/Sam in action, and it didn't seem that bad at all. Unfortuantely Drks have two abilities to make up for any lost Atk when subbing Sam, whereas Dragoons rely on sub job abilities to boost damage output.

I suppose if you were spamming WSs, you could be using Super Jump afterwards and not take such a beating like the Drk took.

Comment

Really, 2 jumps for tp compliments your 60%tp Med very nicely. From my limited experience trying to be SC partners with one (and I never thought war got tp slow), I would say they can be just as good as drg/war. Worst part is losing voke which is dire when you're working with your best friend, the thf.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

It can be good for BCNM's, kited NM's, non-meele friendly NM's(like Gration), and dynamis.
                Mobile 2400+ @11.5x200MHz, 1.7v| NF7-S 2.0 | 2x512 Corsair pc3200
                BFG FX6800 OC 128MB @350/700, 16x1,6vp | Antec True 430

Allakhazam Profile | ShirtNinjas Profile

Thanks to ShadowFlare for hosting my sig. FLaReTecH Forums

Comment

Working...
                X