Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new stuff...

Job Adjustment: Dark Knight

Timing will soon be more important when using the Absorb-TP spell, which was added in the July version update.

[TP Absorption Amount Adjustment]
    Currently, the amount of TP an enemy possesses has little effect on the amount absorbed by the Absorb-TP spell. We plan to decrease the amount of TP absorbable from enemies with few remaining TP so that players will have to consider the timing of the spell.

Re: Some new stuff...

Here we were thinking we'd get the updates to Scythe, and they go and "change" Absorb-TP. I must say I was expecting something mentioned about nerfing Absorb-TP, but this doesn't seem to be that big of a change.

I've already noticed this in normal EXP. Mob uses their TP while I'm in the middle of casting Absorb-TP, so I end up getting back 0~7% TP. The problem with the timing is we have no real idea when the mob is going to use their TP in the first cast, and it's nearly impossible to know just how much TP the mob really has. So I don't see this change really effecting us.

I was hoping for some sort of Haste and/or Atk bonus when using Scythe since they seem to want DRKs to use their Scythe more after Lv.65. That would have made me real happy. I'm a big fan of my Scythes. (Being Elvaan, I hate how Elvaan's hold a Great Sword, but I also enjoy the truly kick ass look of a nice Scythe like Vassago's Scythe. ^^)
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
      Here we were thinking we'd get the updates to Scythe, and they go and "change" Absorb-TP. I must say I was expecting something mentioned about nerfing Absorb-TP, but this doesn't seem to be that big of a change.
      I believe that change will come simultaneously with the other changes in other job classes. Like Warriors being the "weapons" master class.

I've already noticed this in normal EXP. Mob uses their TP while I'm in the middle of casting Absorb-TP, so I end up getting back 0~7% TP. The problem with the timing is we have no real idea when the mob is going to use their TP in the first cast, and it's nearly impossible to know just how much TP the mob really has. So I don't see this change really effecting us.
      I think it might have been pointing to some rare instances of it being bugged when used outside of a normal exp party. For example, on an HNM. Although I'm puzzled with this allegation that it was absorbing for more than it should have (Because I too, noticed that on any mobs I fought, if the mob burned their TP, I got 0 to a couple of points back) Well, either SE is not saying there was a bug exploitation going on in the game or they have actually decreased the amount of TP we get back, but disguising this nerf by calling it a fix. Stupid whiny SAMs. They ought to be nerfed in return.

I was hoping for some sort of Haste and/or Atk bonus when using Scythe since they seem to want DRKs to use their Scythe more after Lv.65. That would have made me real happy. I'm a big fan of my Scythes. (Being Elvaan, I hate how Elvaan's hold a Great Sword, but I also enjoy the truly kick ass look of a nice Scythe like Vassago's Scythe. ^^)
      From what I heard (It's not official, so take this with a few grains of salt) they're trying to scale the damage of Scythe so that on a per DPS level, it can close the gap with heavy crit'ing dual handed, double attacking warriors. I'm not sure if it means just slapping +5 damage on all scythe weapons or if it means adjusting damage given when dealing a blow from a 2hd weapon in general. I've also heard that they are reducing the weapon accuracy of one-handers versus two-handers, but that's just probably rumors with no basis.

Comment

If I were trying to make Dark Knight use scythe more I would do this:
        Remove Blood Weapon as a 2 hour ability and make it a job trait, just like Double attack or Tripple attack. When it goes off you get the normal weapon damage followed by additional HP drain damage. The HP drain could be further modified by combat skill, so you would get better Blood Weapon damage from A+ weapons.
        The new 2 hour would be like Ranger's, a one time large attack. This would HP drain as well, again modified by combat skill and this time HP as well. So you damage and drain for about as much HP as you have. Or possibly more than your max HP if you're using an A+ combat skill. I don't know if that would be too much damage for a 2 hour.
        Yes, this would put an end to the select group with a 15 million gil weapon that can stack Utsesumi, soul eater, and blood weapon , after waiting 24 hours for an HNM. Honestly its something I want to try myself, but I think over all a change like this would be for the better.
        Then again, I'm not 66+ so I don't really know if this would effect the fact that Dark Knight is invited to close light skillchains with great sword. But, our 2 hour still absolutely sucks with 2 hand weapons.

Comment

Working...
        X